Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I really started to hate politics

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 128 Replies
3 moms liked this

After Obama got elected, I did everything I could to avoid politics. Everytime I heard his voice on TV I'd change the Chanel, he really disgusts me more than any other president we've ever had. Well now I'm slowly getting back into politics because Obama's term is just about over and hopefully for good. I'm not a big Romney fan, but will vote for Romney before Obama any day.At least Romney has respect for human life, something Obama doesn't. For all those who are voting for Obama and not as extremely Liberal as he is, but voting for him out of ignorance knowing nothing about the man I suggest you do some research. Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothes, pretends to care about our country and the people when all he cares about is getting elected. My biggest issue with Obama is when he voted against "The Born Alive Infant Protection Act", not just once but twice and he was the only senator that did. For those who don't know what this Bill is I suggest you google it and look it up, research it and you will find the true character of a man that has not respect for human life. How can you care about human life when you have no compassion for all those unborn babies that were aborted, survived abortions suffering while they were left to die alone a long and painful death. This is the bill that Obama didn't want to pass and his excuse was the language of the bill which was complete BS. The language was the same and had NOTHING to do with any woman's right to have an abortion, all it did was protect that aborted surviving baby to get the medical attention it deserved as they were no longer in the mother's womb had constitutional rights as much as anyone else, being their own person. You want to talk about Civil rights? Lets talk about all these babies civil rights, where were theirs? And this is the man some of you want to vote for? It's one thing to be pro-choice, but this issue has nothing to do with choice, these babies had NO choice. Thank God this bill passed because of President George Bush, he obviously cares about human life. I may not agree with everything he did as president, but I respect the man for doing what's right when it comes to innocent defenseless human lives and I have NO respect for Barack Obama and I honestly don't know how the man can sleep at night. I may not be thrilled about Romney, but he is 100% better than Obama ever will be and he has my vote!

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidimoose134
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM
5 moms liked this

…on a woman’s right to choose

FLIP:   “I will preserve and protect the woman’s right to choose.”

FLOP:   “I have consistently been prolife.”

…on legalized abortions

FLIP:   “I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country.”

FLOP:  “The right next step in the fight to preserve the sanctity of life, is to see Roe v Wade overturned.” 

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
8 moms liked this

Sounds like you hated Obama before he even did anything for you to dislike him for.  Maybe you need to look inside your self and figure out where all that hate really comes from.

heidimoose134
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting trippyhippy:

Sounds like you hated Obama before he even did anything for you to dislike him for.  Maybe you need to look inside your self and figure out where all that hate really comes from.

It sounds like the only issue she is concerned with is abortion. 

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting trippyhippy:

This post obviously has NOTHING to do with abortion, I suggest you read it again and do some reasearch on this bill.

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting trippyhippy:

I have no respect for anyone that has no respect for human life, especially AFTER the fact. and in good conscience could never vote for anyone like this.  In Obama's case him voting twice against this bill says a lot about his character or lack of it.

heidimoose134
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting trippyhippy:

This post obviously has NOTHING to do with abortion, I suggest you read it again and do some reasearch on this bill.

I apologize I skimmed. 

I'm not a hardcore Obama supporter and I disagree with his voting against this bill. 

It still boils down to abortion, though, because if abortion were outlawed this wouldn't be an issue (at least outside of closed doors). 

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting trippyhippy:

I apologize I skimmed. 

I'm not a hardcore Obama supporter and I disagree with his voting against this bill. 

It still boils down to abortion, though, because if abortion were outlawed this wouldn't be an issue (at least outside of closed doors). 

Yes I am pro-life and against abortion unless the mother's life is at risk, but this is about babies that actually survive abortion and all this bill did was give those babies the right to get medical attention and Obama voted against this twice, I have a major problem with anyone that would vote against something like this, it's inhumane!

shimamab
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The bill did place additional restrictions on abortions and there was already a law on the books in Illinois mandating care for infants born alive during late term abortions. We've had this debate on this board many times and have shown where the bill was redundant legislation due to the existence of the law I mentioned. Not that this makes him more palatable to you since he is still pro choice.

ETA: sorry for the quote here, meant to add as a comment on the OP. :)

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting trippyhippy:

I apologize I skimmed. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidimoose134
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting trippyhippy:

I apologize I skimmed. 

Yes I am pro-life and against abortion unless the mother's life is at risk, but this is about babies that actually survive abortion and all this bill did was give those babies the right to get medical attention and Obama voted against this twice, I have a major problem with anyone that would vote against something like this, it's inhumane!

I agree that babies who survive abortion should get medical treatment. 

I just find it odd that this is your only stated issue for being concerned with politics as a whole since the bill passed a decade ago. 

I also disagree with your assessment that all people who are far left agree with voting against this bill. 

gammie
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this
murder is murder killing the inoccent is alway wrong.

Obama and Mitt support murder. With abortion and with these wars that have killed many babies, children.
There are other people who are also running for the white house who are against murder.
I say to you turne off talk radio and CNN and Fox news and get the real information from your internet.
Judge Napolitano is someone that sticks to the law will educate you very well on the candidates. you have google him, fox news droped him because he tells the truth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)