Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Wise' to Replace Joe Biden with Hillary Clinton on the Ticket

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM
  • 25 Replies

McCain says Obama Would Be 'Wise' to Replace Joe Biden with Hillary Clinton on the Ticket

Although he predicted it would not happen, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said Wednesday it would be "wise" for President Obama to take Vice President Joe Biden off the Democratic presidential ticket and replace him with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton .

"I think it might be wise to do that but it's not going to happen obviously, for a whole variety of reasons," McCain said in an interview on Fox News, stopping just short of Sarah Palin's call last night for an all-out replacement of Biden on the ticket.

"I'm not sure if I were Hillary Clinton I would want to be on that team," the senator added, "I think her ambitions frankly are for 2016 and I'm not sure that would enhance that likelihood."

McCain had some harsh words ready for Biden, saying that the vice president "continues to say things that are unacceptable in American politics," and specifically referenced Biden's remarks Tuesday in Danville, Virginia.

Yesterday Vice President Biden said to the crowd, "look at their budget, and what they are proposing. Romney wants to let - He said in the first hundred days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains."

McCain said the Vice President "crossed the line" this time and should be held accountable for that sort of remark.

"Yet he seems to get away with it because it's just sort of a joke," McCain said.

The harsh words weren't reserved just for Vice President Biden but for the Obama administration's handling of the campaign overall, the tenor of which McCain says calls into question the Obama team's ability to govern should President Obama win a second term.

"What do you get if you win with this kind of campaign?" he questioned of the Obama campaign, pointing to specific negative and what he defined as misleading ads the Obama campaign has run, "if you run this kind of slash and burn gutter campaign that they are running, what happens when you start governing again?"

McCain said it would be "very difficult for anybody in the team that ran this kind of campaign to govern and bring people together come the following January."

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM
3 moms liked this

It doesn't matter who is on the ticket. They're not going to win.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe, maybe not. Right now, The democrats chances are looking pretty good

I wouldn't take political advice from John McCain, especially where it pertains to picking VP candidates....How'd that work out for him LAST time...I guess it did HELP him......STAY SENATOR......

Quoting imamomzilla:

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Hillary is a freakin' crook but she is better than O and Biden combined.  She would be smart to say "no" because then she would never have a chance at the presidency afterwards.

_Kissy_
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Might as well. Get her ready for 2016. I don't see another pub taking over for a long time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippyhippy
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM
4 moms liked this

This from the idiot who thought picking Palin was a good idea, lol

trippyhippy
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Willing to bet you were saying the exact same thing 4 years ago and see how that turned out for you. lol

Quoting imamomzilla:

imamomzilla
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

And I'll bet you say the same thing Biden does. LOL

Quoting trippyhippy:blank stare

Willing to bet you were saying the exact same thing 4 years ago and see how that turned out for you. lol

Quoting imamomzilla:

trippyhippy
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I'm right and you know it.  You were just as confident in a  win last time.  Am I wrong?  Didn't think so.  It's ok, just continue to personaly attack me instead of admitting it.  We all know the truth.

Quoting imamomzilla:

And I'll bet you say the same thing Biden does. LOL

Quoting trippyhippy:blank stare

Quoting imamomzilla:

momof31995
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Biden is a buffoon he would better serve Obama if he kept his lips zipped.
heidimoose134
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with him. 

If I had known better and known more about politics during the caucus in 2008 I would have went with Hillary instead of Obama (not that it would have made a difference). I didn't know what I was doing then so I just sided with whoever my parents supported. 

In any case, I highly doubt that Obama is going to change his VP. So it is what it is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)