Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

War drums getting louder?

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (21-23):
29again
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM

That will remain a mystery until the end of time.  I think that someone has an axe or two to grind, and this was a great way to show how incompetent this admin really is.  Or maybe O knew the whole time, and someone else found out and alerted the media.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I still want to know how the media found out about before our government did.....if that is what really took place (subs in the gulf).

Quoting 29again:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I don't know much about the Russian subs in the Gulf but does anyone think that Russia could be playing a stronger hand in all of the above?

IMO.....

The Russians are as involved in all of this as Iran and Israel are.  They never stopped the Cold War, but we foolishly did.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Looks like the Navy slipped up about the sighting and now the Pentagon is trying to backtrack.  Guess we will see a lot of this during this election year.....

Quoting 29again:

That will remain a mystery until the end of time.  I think that someone has an axe or two to grind, and this was a great way to show how incompetent this admin really is.  Or maybe O knew the whole time, and someone else found out and alerted the media.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I still want to know how the media found out about before our government did.....if that is what really took place (subs in the gulf).

Quoting 29again:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I don't know much about the Russian subs in the Gulf but does anyone think that Russia could be playing a stronger hand in all of the above?

IMO.....

The Russians are as involved in all of this as Iran and Israel are.  They never stopped the Cold War, but we foolishly did.

GardenerArtist
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Thank you etsmom!! very well spoken. 

Iran has adopted Shiite Sharia law. the Muslim Brotherhood is Suuni.  the two have warred for centuries.

Their culture is quite different from ours. We might not like or agree with it because of how we are raised in our culture. 

I have had friends be part of the Occupy Movement. Not one of them is Muslim, and not one of them is very knowledgable about it.  The aspersions cast on the OM, is ridiculous.

Quoting etsmom:

I am glad to see that you apply the "us vs. them" ideology. It's fantastic to see such hatred bring the world together. You have shown me such a great example of what truly makes the world go round.  And because your personal experience with Muslims has such an impact on the rest of the world, I wonder if you have even spoken to someone who is Muslim. Do you talk to any American Muslims or are you afraid they might have a weapon under their robes? I have worked with Muslim men and women.  Every person I have talked with about conflict over seas has said that they do NOT condone the violent actions of their Muslim brothers. They are of a religion of peace.  They have said that it is twisted interpretations that have led angry, hate driven people to behave and act the way they do. Their wars weren't about attacking Christians, although that is what it has turned into, but that they were wars over land and property. You know, those things of tangible effect.  The Quran shares the same core books as the Christian bible, their beliefs are very similar to Christians. But hey, my experiences don't turn the world. Believe that every person who wears a robe might be a terrorist. Because lady, the media has you right where they want you.  I do sleep well at night knowing that not everyone in this world is hell bent on spreading hate and lies. 

Quoting 29again:

So you believe that the people who strictly adhere to the teachings in their Holy Book are fanatics and crazy?  I have heard SOOO many people denounce the WBB and their beliefs, I have yet to hear ANY muslim denounce the activities of the jihadist segment of their religion.  I have yet to hear ANY muslim here in America say that they do not subscribe to the teachings of the Koran.  And from what I understand, crucifixions are demanded for certain "grievances" against Muslims by the Koran, meaning they have no option but to do so.  But, go ahead and excuse them,  do whatever lets you sleep well at night.

Quoting etsmom:

There are fanatics and crazy people in every religion. Do not pick apart a religion because of the few who are giving it a bad name. Not every Christian is out there pumping signs of hatred like West Borough Baptists, but often, may people identify Christianity with fanatic's like that. The same can be said about Muslims, Hindu, etc.  I don't believe that God is telling anyone to kill like that. It is the madness and personal agenda's of madmen that use the word "god" as an incentive to achieve their great hatred.

Quoting 29again:

Quoting lorenska:

I was just reading the article about the crucifixions, and what terrifies me is this: the crucifixions (and other barbaric acts) are being carried out mostly against those who oppose the newly installed regime headed by President Morsi. Morsi, who swore he would not try to muzzle the media, is doing just that - threatening and shutting down any and all media outlets who criticize him, and his supporters are murdering journalists and citizens who dare speak against him or his administration. And where do we stand?

In June, Obama personally called Morsi to congratulate him on his 'victory', and called his election a 'milestone' in Egypt's 'road to democracy'. Jay Carney said, "We look forward to working together with President-elect Morsi and the government he forms, on the basis of mutual respect, to advance the many shared interests between Egypt and the United States".

How completely astonishing is this? That our government is not only not condemning this corrupt and evil regime, but congratulating them? Supporting them? Claiming we have "shared interests"? Sending them billions of dollars in aid? How is it possible that the United States of America is standing behind someone who literally crucifies those who disagree with him? And how on earth does our President still look at us and say, with a straight face, that we stand with Israel?

I want someone to tell me again how peaceful this religion is, how they worship the same God that I do.  My God does not tell me to kill those who do not believe as I do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)