Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

‘I Didn’t Know About’ The Letters I Signed Asking For Stimulus Funds

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

Paul Ryan Tells Fox: ‘I Didn’t Know About’ The Letters I Signed Asking For Stimulus Funds

Source: Think Progress

Paul Ryan Tells Fox: ‘I Didn’t Know About’ The Letters I Signed Asking For Stimulus Funds 
By Igor Volsky on Aug 18, 2012 at 1:32 pm 

During an interview with Fox News’ Carl Cameron on Saturday, Paul Ryan tried to explain why he denied requesting stimulus funds for a local energy company in 2009 after voting against and demagoguing the Recovery Act. “My office sends tens of thousands of letters to various federal agencies and this goes through what we call a case work system and we treat it as a case work for constituents,” Ryan said: 

RYAN: I didn’t know about the letters until recently and they were brought to my attention, they were to the case work system and I take full responsibility for that. The point I’m trying to make is stimulus was a failure. 

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/08/18/710751/paul-ryan-tells-fox-i-didnt-know-about-the-letters-i-signed-asking-for-stimulus-funds/ 
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
_Kissy_
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM
.... couldn't wait to get his hand on that money though

Show a little integrity PR
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GardenerArtist
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM

and that makes him part of that failure.  Hypocritical to point fingers at others.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Did he really pawn off responsibility onto his subordinates? He takes responsibility for a letter being sent from his office, but goes no further. How am I supposed to believe this won't happen as VP, Ryan?

This guy is a joke. Moreso than Palin I think.

Why are Republicans doing this to themselves? Pandering to an obnoxious minority in your party isn't the way to bring about any sort of change. It's got to be because they have no solid platform.

Heaven forbid they start working with Democrats on anything. That kind of cooperation doesn't sell face time on TV, news, etc.

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Ryan is a divisive pick and seals the fact that the GOP is now having its strings pulled by a very loud minority within its base and that compromise or moderation is now outside of their ability as a political group.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Did he really pawn off responsibility onto his subordinates? He takes responsibility for a letter being sent from his office, but goes no further. How am I supposed to believe this won't happen as VP, Ryan?

Why are Republicans doing this to themselves? Pandering to an obnoxious minority in your party isn't the way to bring about any sort of change. It's got to be because they have no solid platform.

Heaven forbid they start working with Democrats on anything. That kind of cooperation doesn't sell face time on TV, news, etc.

New World Peace

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM
And this is the only job he's ever had

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM

What a hypocrite you are....

Quoting _Kissy_:

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM

You are jokin', right?

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

_Kissy_
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM
How am I the hypocrite. I didn't take any stimulus but I'm paying it back like everyone else.

Romney and Ryan aren't persuading me to vote for them with these kind of tactics.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

What a hypocrite you are....

Quoting _Kissy_:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paknari
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
So either he is an idiot and just signs whatever comes across his desk or he is a lying snake...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)