Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Peggy Noonan: If Biden Were Republican Meet the Press's Topic Would Be 'How Stupid Is This Person?'

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Peggy Noonan: If Biden Were Republican Meet the Press's Topic Would Be 'How Stupid Is This Person?'

By Noel Sheppard | August 19, 2012 | 13:43

710 606Reddit11 57
A A
Noel Sheppard's picture

Following in former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani's footsteps, the Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan on Sunday made a strong comment about the media's handling of Vice President Joe Biden's recent miscues.

Appearing on NBC's Meet the Press, Noonan said, "If it had been a Republican vice presidential candidate who had made those gaffes...the subject today of the panel would be how stupid is this person, can this person possibly govern?" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

DAVID GREGORY, HOST: Peggy, what did you make of this whole episode this week?

PEGGY NOONAN, WALL STREET JOURNAL: Oh, well I thought everything Rudy Giuliani just said was true. If it had been a Republican vice presidential candidate who had made those gaffes, one after another, so comically, and all on tape, the subject today of the panel would be how stupid is this person, can this person possibly govern?

Giuliani said on tape moments earlier, "I truly believe if that were a Republican, if Sarah Palin made that level of mistakes, Dick Cheney, he'd be plastered all over the media. The New York Times would go nuts."

The press should be so proud of themselves.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/08/19/peggy-noonan-if-biden-were-republican-meet-press-subject-would-be-how#ixzz243QTPnwz

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Yep....especially if she was a woman.

29again
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

As much as I dislike Obama's handling of this country, I am so glad that nothing has happened to him.  I can NOT imagine where we would be if Joe were in charge!  That is just unthinkable!

JanuaryBaby06
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM

i am not a fan of Obama but I LOVE BIDEN!!!

joey125
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I think the topic has been covered, lol  Don't worry  Peggy they did call him many names regarding that statement including stupid

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Seriously? ;  )

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

i am not a fan of Obama but I LOVE BIDEN!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)