Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Todd Akin comment - Channel 5 investigates!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM
  • 17 Replies

They found an article from Physcians For Life that backed up his statment!!  So go and do the research yourself without my influence.  I don't want people to argue with me, so research it yourself!

Yes, the newsteam found doctors that disagreed with the statement too.  Just putting this up here so no one can come back to me and  say but you didn't mention this. 

I AM STILL AN AKIN SUPPORTER!

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof31995
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Sarah Steelman would have been the better choice.She would have given Claire McCaskill a real run for her money. Akin is an ass.
Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Can you provide a link to your source for your info?

Cymbeline
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM
3 moms liked this

From "Physicians for Life"? That sounds entirely credible.

I mean, it goes against science and logic, but hey, most people in that crowd have an aversion to those things anyway.

shimamab
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this
The consensus among non-biased sources is that rape results in preg about 4-5% of the time. May sound like a small percentage, but when you consider there are over 200,000 rapes a year in the U.S., it's pretty considerable. 10,000 potential pregnancies is not something to trivialize
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joey125
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I cannot believe people actually think it would be right for a woman who has been raped to be expected to carry her rapists child to term, if she does not want to  Its sad that women  actually would want this to happen to another woman, I am totally disgusted.  

_Kissy_
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
About Us

Physiciansforlife.org exists to draw attention to the issues of abortion, euthanasia, stem cell research, cloning, infanticide, teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, out-of-wedlock sexual activity and the medical merits of risk elimination through sexual abstinence. Our sponsoring organization, Alabama Physicians For Life, Inc. (APFLI), was founded in 1986 and has produced a series of brochures, booklets, and digests which are distributed throughout the USA, and internationally.

This website has a tremendous task: to accurately inform large numbers of individuals regarding the above-mentioned issues, to help network and build a spirit of community for all who feel alone in their pro-life stand, and to provide lengthy resource lists for a wide range of pro-life and abstinence needs.

We hope you will peruse our brochures and all our links so that when you leave this site, you will have a better understanding of the medical issues facing our nation today. Please pass our website address along to your family and friends.

We invite physicians and other medical professionals throughout the USA, and even throughout the world, who do not have a pro-life organization with which to associate, to consider joining our organization.

APFLI is an IRS not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organization which has no hidden benefactors. All our work is accomplished solely through annual membership donations (tax-deductible). By joining our organization, you will help us reach and awaken an ever-increasing number of people to the realities of abortion, infanticide, embryonic research, euthanasia, STDs, and sexual activity outside marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I usually don't resort to this kind of response, so I apologize up front. This is just a$$inign $hit and any woman who spreads this crap should be ashamed.

29again
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I heard his interview on Hannity today (radio).  He said that he was wrong, he apologized profusely, and he also said that he did not ever say that he was perfect, that people do make mistakes.  He made a huge mistake, and has apologized, recognized his mistake, and is completely owning it 100%.  I think that in this he is correct -- no one is perfect, and people DO make mistakes.  I admire that he is not blaming, or deflecting.  He is taking full ownership of what he said.  He also admitted that he probably should have not taken that particular question, and that he was wrong in his answer.  I don't live in that district, or state, but I think that that would be good for me.  Not many people will own such a public mistake in such a manner.

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:13 AM

He stated what he believes and what many others like him believe. Yes, he made a mistake to say this on television and I am sure he is sincerely sorry for that. His career is now over because of it. Yes, you bet his ass he is sorry. 

Quoting 29again:

I heard his interview on Hannity today (radio).  He said that he was wrong, he apologized profusely, and he also said that he did not ever say that he was perfect, that people do make mistakes.  He made a huge mistake, and has apologized, recognized his mistake, and is completely owning it 100%.  I think that in this he is correct -- no one is perfect, and people DO make mistakes.  I admire that he is not blaming, or deflecting.  He is taking full ownership of what he said.  He also admitted that he probably should have not taken that particular question, and that he was wrong in his answer.  I don't live in that district, or state, but I think that that would be good for me.  Not many people will own such a public mistake in such a manner.

New World Peace

AdellesMom
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)