Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Yes! We know, the GOP is STILL Pro Life. Now, What About The Economy?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM
  • 29 Replies

ABC's Tapper: Media Failing Country

AP Graphics

In a frank and wide-ranging interview, ABC's Jake Tapper conceded today that the press often fails in its coverage of the most important issues facing the country, saying , “A lot of people are hurting out there. Unemployment is 8.3%. That doesn’t even take into account the underemployed."

He further noted, “We are spending a lot of time in the last few weeks, those of us in the political world, political journalists and also politicians, talking about things other than the economy… a lot of people are hurting out there. I’d like to see more action taken and more emphasis given to this issue.”

Tapper himself asked Obama two questions on Tuesday--one, regarding the rising deaths of American military in Afghanistan and the second about how the President plans to grow the economy before November. 

The president essentially punted in both answers. On how the media has treated Obama in the past, Tapper said  "I have said before… [that I] thought the media helped tip the scales. I didn’t think the coverage in 2008 was especially fair to either Hilary Clinton or John McCain.” Tapper further elaborated on 2008’s selective coverage: “Sometimes I saw with story selection, magazine covers, photos picked, [the] campaign narrative, that it wasn’t always the fairest coverage.”

CLICK HERE FOR THE DISCUSSION

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I think it's important to know that they are pro life with no exceptions. That is news whether you want it to be or not. The general public does not agree and they deserve to know.
ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this

This is not new news. If someone doesn't know this they are either 10 years old, have been stoned for the last 10, 20 or more years, or are too ill informed on any political matters to voice an opinion without embarrassing themselves.

This is about as newsworthy as reporting that the sky is blue.

Quoting trippyhippy:

I think it's important to know that they are pro life with no exceptions. That is news whether you want it to be or not. The general public does not agree and they deserve to know.

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Well according to Romney he and Ryan both believe in rape and incest exceptions so some may not realize that either they disagree with the party or are lying for votes.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Okay, I have not seen any evidence that the Bush tax cuts increased our economy's performance, so why do the Republicans always push the notion that low tax rates for the wealthy magically creates jobs? I would understand if we were in a closed system and they had no choice but to reinvest those dollars back into this country, but that is not the case. For me, all I hear is a desire to return to failed economic policies.

The second problem I have is that I usually only hear Republicans talking about cutting social programs which impact the most vulnerable among us. Yes, we all know there are people out there who scam the system, but there are people our there who need legitimate help, and people that need health care. What I get from the Republicans is a sense of, "I've got mine, and I really don't care if you got, or will ever get yours." That is what I sense from them.

I used to be a Republican, but somewhere along the way, something has gone critically wrong with the way they handle the budget. They talk about reducing spending. They don't reduce, but they do make sure that businesses keep as much money as they can.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
The tax cuts worked. Unemployment dropped, revenue increased, but they forgot the other half of the equation. Spending cuts. They forgot to let go of progressive policies. And here we are, doubled down on the spending. Until that is under control, we are screwed.

Quoting rccmom:

Okay, I have not seen any evidence that the Bush tax cuts increased our economy's performance, so why do the Republicans always push the notion that low tax rates for the wealthy magically creates jobs? I would understand if we were in a closed system and they had no choice but to reinvest those dollars back into this country, but that is not the case. For me, all I hear is a desire to return to failed economic policies.

The second problem I have is that I usually only hear Republicans talking about cutting social programs which impact the most vulnerable among us. Yes, we all know there are people out there who scam the system, but there are people our there who need legitimate help, and people that need health care. What I get from the Republicans is a sense of, "I've got mine, and I really don't care if you got, or will ever get yours." That is what I sense from them.

I used to be a Republican, but somewhere along the way, something has gone critically wrong with the way they handle the budget. They talk about reducing spending. They don't reduce, but they do make sure that businesses keep as much money as they can.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this
The GOP has no plans for the economy so they sprout shit about homosexuality, abortion, birth control, war, immigration, blah blah blah..
And their base slops it up with a biscuit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM

That's not what the bills have said.  All have made exceptions for rape, incest, and life risk to the mother.  Regardless of how you think, it is old news that the GOP is prolife.  The general public knows this well.

Quoting trippyhippy:

babiesbabybaby development

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this

So what you are saying is that all of the Ads, and all of the money spent on them along with all of the Obama claims about Ryan and Romney's plans is all just wasted and made up lies because there is no Romney or Ryan plan?

So the Democrats lied about the "Ryan Plan" and you're admitting that the "Throw Grandma off the cliff" ad was just one big fat lie??? Obama talking continuously about Romney's plan to cut taxes for the rich is just one big fat made up lie???

This is interesting to know. I will make note. Thank you :)

I also think you need to revisit who it is that is spouting "shit about homosexuality, abortion, birth control, war, immigration, blah blah blah.." and who "slops it up with a biscuit". I believe it's the left that is always raising these "Issues" to avoid any real discussion about the economy and unemployment.

Quoting _Kissy_:

The GOP has no plans for the economy so they sprout shit about homosexuality, abortion, birth control, war, immigration, blah blah blah..

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

That is what the dems would have you believe, by keeping you so focused on this one issue.  There have been plenty of bills that are aimed at the economy, job creation, etc.  There are 64 bills addressing economic development, 55 addressing economic performance and conditions, 24 bills for employee hiring, 172 aimed ant employment and training programs, 151 addressing labor and employment, and the list goes on and on and on.

Quoting _Kissy_:

babiesbabybaby development

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

This

Quoting _Kissy_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)