Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

President Obama Can’t Spell “OHIO”

You would think a swing state with 18 electoral votes that appears to be slipping from his grasp would be important enough for Barack Obama to know how to spell it correctly.  Apparently not…

( A word of advice to @BarackObama: it’s “O-H-I-O” that has 18 electoral votes, not “O-I-H-O”  )

college student sent the photo of the hapless president acting as the letter “H” and placing himself as the third letter in Ohio.  The photo was then sent to Romney’s Ohio communications director, Christopher Maloney, who sent the above tweet.

The Washington Post quickly came to the president’s defense, claiming the tweeted photo to be doctored.  This was quickly indicated as false.  The photo of Barack Obamaincorrectly spelling Ohio is legit.  Obama and his handlers eventually realized the error and had the president make act out the correct letter and placement, and THAT is the photo the campaign included on its own website, to which the Romney campaign replied with this message:

“I’m sure President Obama would like a do-over of his first term as well – Ohio isn’t going to let that happen.”

LINK

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Replies (61-70):
ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Simply put... If this board is going to be flooded with Stupidity from one side, then I can only in good conscience make sure we flood it with stupidity from both sides. 

Just doing my civic duty.

Quoting shimamab:

So based on your other current post, we should quit talking about Akin's asinine and offensive comment in favor of gas prices, but two guys making the wrong letters for a second is something to discuss?!? Hmmm...have fun with that

godotherightthi
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:35 PM

The funniest part is that he was there to talk about education!  Ah, the irony!

And did anyone else notice that poor dude behind the guy's arm on the right?  I would be so mad at my friend for blocking me from a once in a lifetime picture!

Jaybo
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

No it's not fake.

The Obama camp already admitted that that they mixed it up so they retook the picture. You can find both online and it's very easy to see the photo has not been altered.

It was just a silly mix up. No big deal.

Quoting Jaybo:

This photograph is a fake.  The actual photograph was altered by a student, who then sent it on to Christopher Maloney, Mitt Romney's communications director in Ohio. 

Maloney then tweeted the photo, without checking for authenticity, or, Maloney tweeted the photo knowing it was a phoney in hopes he could make the president look foolish.  

The original unaltered photograph, with the correct "arm spelling"  can easily be found online.

This is not a silly joke, Christopher Maloney & the student who supplied the altered photo could very well be charged with intentional defamation. I also personally feel anyone spreading the fake altered photo online, should be charged with intentional defamation as well.

Yes, thanks, I know, I found that out after I'd posted. That being said, you're correct in saying it was a silly mix up, no big deal, and it should be left at that. But, unfortunately, some Americans out there love this kind of mix up, as it gives them more gossip fodder they can twist into more lies.  

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG.  This is so stupid.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Quoting godotherightthi:

The funniest part is that he was there to talk about education!  Ah, the irony!

And did anyone else notice that poor dude behind the guy's arm on the right?  I would be so mad at my friend for blocking me from a once in a lifetime picture!

Oh... that is FUNNY!

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:19 PM

And this contributes to the 2012 election how?

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting nanaofsix531:

It doesn't...

It's just fun =)  Like when he said....

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

... and this... lol

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Well gee I will have to remember that because when I post something like this about the other side I get a not so nice response from the righties.Will have to make sure I keep this on file.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

It doesn't...

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah... big stretch.. lol... back to the President rather than some guy I've never heard of... lol  At least we can admit it has no bearing on the election.  You guys take it as factual and representative of an entire party.

Feel free to post whatever stuff you want to of Bush... we'll laugh at your desperation...

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Well gee I will have to remember that because when I post something like this about the other side I get a not so nice response from the righties.Will have to make sure I keep this on file.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

It doesn't...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN