Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Romney Has Zero Percent Support From African Americans

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 89 Replies

Romney Has Zero Percent Support From African Americans In New NBC/WSJ Poll

A new NBC/WSJ poll out Tuesday shows PresidentBarack Obama with a four-point lead over presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney. But as is often the case with polls, some of the more interesting numbers were in the details. For example? Romney snagged zero percent of African-American voters.

Among key demographics, the poll noted that Obama had a lead over Romney. The most stark being when it came to African Americans: 94 percent to 0 percent. Via NBC:

Looking inside the numbers, Obama continues to lead Romney among key parts of his political base, including African Americans (94 percent to 0 percent), Latinos (by a 2-to-1 margin), voters under 35-years-old (52 percent to 41 percent) and women (51 percent to 41 percent).

His lead among those groups isn’t surprising, but hard for the number zero not to catch a person’s attention.

Romney, meanwhile, is ahead with whites (53 percent to 40 percent), rural voters (47 percent to 38 percent) and seniors (49 percent to 41 percent). In a sample of 12 swing states, Obama had a three-point lead, “a narrower edge in these battlegrounds than the eight-point lead the president enjoyed in the June and July NBC/WSJ polls.”

The poll further identified two obstacles Romney has: his image and his Medicare overhaul proposal.

What’s more, Obama bests Romney by 35 points (58 percent to 23 percent) on the question of which candidate is more likeable, and by 22 points (52 percent to 30 percent) on caring about average people.

In addition, a majority of voters (51 percent) view the former Massachusetts governor’s approach to issues as being “out of step” with most Americans’ thinking. By comparison, 54 percent say Obama’s positions are “in the mainstream.”

Obama’s challenge? The economy. More than six in 10 said they think the country’s headed in the wrong direction (“essentially unchanged from last month”) — and 44 percent said Romney has better ideas on how to improve the economy, versus Obama’s 38 percent.

The poll “was conducted of 1,000 registered voters (300 reached by cell phone) from Aug. 16-20, and it has an overall margin of error of plus-minus 3.1 percentage points.”

(H/T NBC News)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/romney-has-zero-percent-support-from-african-americans-in-new-nbcwsj-poll/

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:40 PM
4 moms liked this

Zero?

sidesplittinglaughter  Obama wishes...  

Somebody should tell my buddies at RMBTP

Cover Photo
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You should

Their statistically insignificant

But good for them for being involved

Quoting Jambo4:

Zero?

sidesplittinglaughter  Obama wishes...  

Somebody should tell my buddies at RMBTP

Cover Photo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this
And for the record

Clinton had 92% or the black vote

Gore had 89%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM
And for the record

Clinton had 92% or the black vote

Gore had 89%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Lets be real here, Obama got elected basically because approximately 85% African Americans voted for him, mostly for the obvious reason alone. As for myself I voted not because of skin color, but for whoever aligned with my personal beliefs and Obama just didn't cut it. Sad that so many voted for all the wrong reasons.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Out of curiosity.. what is the overall percentage of the black vote on the national level? 

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you ever voted for a black person?And if you did who was it?

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Lets be real here, Obama got elected basically because approximately 85% African Americans voted for him, mostly for the obvious reason alone. As for myself I voted not because of skin color, but for whoever aligned with my personal beliefs and Obama just didn't cut it. Sad that so many voted for all the wrong reasons.

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM
3 moms liked this

First of all I don't hate anyone and don't Obama, I just don't agree with much of anything when it comes to his politics. I don't recall to be honest, why does it matter what color their skin is?

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Lets be real here, Obama got elected basically because approximately 85% African Americans voted for him, mostly for the obvious reason alone.

Just wondering.What is the obvious reason you think 85% of African Americans voted for the President?

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

First of all I don't hate anyone and don't Obama, I just don't agree with much of anything when it comes to his politics. I don't recall to be honest, why does it matter what color their skin is?

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to ask? Really?

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Lets be real here, Obama got elected basically because approximately 85% African Americans voted for him, mostly for the obvious reason alone.

Just wondering.What is the obvious reason you think 85% of African Americans voted for the President?

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)