Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Topless Michelle Obama Portrayed as Semi-Nude ‘Slave’ on Cover of Spanish Mag

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Eds
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

Topless Michelle Obama Portrayed as Semi-Nude ‘Slave’ on Cover of Spanish Mag

Michelle Obama is gracing newsstands across Spain this month– but it’s not her famous arms that are on display.

On the cover of Magazine Fuera de Serie, the first lady’s head is featured on the body of a semi-naked woman, draped in the American flag with a headscarf sometimes associated with slaves.

Althea Legal-Miller for Clutch magazine aptly writes: “Perhaps because it seems so obviously offensive, the mind attempts to rationalize; ‘Did this get lost in translation, or is this as racist as I think?’”

Spanish Magazine de Fuera Shows Michelle Obama as Topless Slave

(An blurred version of the magazine cover for Fuera de Serie)

Miller has more information on the shockingly inappropriate cover:

The magazine cover for the feature article “Michelle Tataranieta De Esclava, Dueña De América” (Michelle Granddaughter of a Slave, Lady of America) is the brainchild of white French/English fine artist Karine Percheron-Daniels.  Her mixed-media portrait superimposes Obama’s head onto the famous art-historical body of an African Guadeloupean female slave painted by French artist Marie-Guilhelmine Benoist in 1800. 

Percheron-Daniels’ portrait, First Lady, was not commissioned for the Spanish magazine cover, but is part of a larger series of “famous nudes” that includes Princess Diana, Queen Elizabeth II, Abraham Lincoln, and President Barack Obama.  In defense of her controversial series, the artist argues that she offers the viewer an “alternative unexpected reality” that allows us to “view famous individuals in a different way.”

Apparently, the Spanish-language article praises the first lady’s accomplishments and deems her the “gran mujer” (great lady) behind the American president.

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I don't even know what to say. lol   Her tits don't look that big in clothes.

_Kissy_
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM
She's beautiful. I just don't know what to think about the cover though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Nudity involving a first lady is in very bad taste. 

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Let's not forget that Europeans view nudity very differently than Americans. It's normal to see breasts in commercials on the tv.

shimamab
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It's only her face...not her body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Wow. I don't know what to say.

Its a beautiful painting.   

Did she approved it?  If she didn't then I don't think its right.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that today too...

Some how the slave angle seems wrong.  I find it disrespectful to the first lady.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Well it's a European magazine and they aren't prudes over there so I'm sure the nudity is of no issue.

Secondly, the image may not be deemed "appropriate" by some but the article about her is nothing but praise...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Michelle Obama eats

10/08/2012

Never said it ensures that well-known that behind every great man there is a great woman was so successful in describing the Obama marriage. In the shadow of the U.S. President is a person whose popularity ratings exceed those of Barack own. This person is none other than his wife Michelle, who stars in the cover of the magazine this week.

Political communication experts are no strangers to the overwhelming charm of the first lady and, knowing this, she even point will be key to the reelection of Democrat in the next presidential election to be held in November. To find out how Michelle has managed to seduce the American people, the journalist Paul Scarpellini detail the secrets of women who not only won the hearts of Barack Obama.

The supplement of the newspaper El Mundo on Sunday also brings other characters as the prestigious fashion designer Elena Benarroch, which just opened shop and collection inspired by the 80s, the versatile Antonia Dell'Atte or actor and Santi Millán.

Besides these names, you will discover the fascinating stories of Hotel Formentor Majorca, where they have vacationed several generations of international jet or know the dark personality that was behind the genius of the father of relativity, Albert Einstein.

(Translated)

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM

eats?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)