Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Barack Obama: Not His Brother’s Keeper

Posted by   + Show Post

George Obama, who lives in a shanty in the Huruma slum in Nairobi and lives on a few dollars a month, has a half-brother named Barack. Barack lives in the White House, a wealthy man, but he does not deign to help George, who was denied a visa to visit his mother in the United States. Worst of all, when George’s young son was sick in the hospital a few days ago, George had to call Dinesh D’Souza, not his brother Barack, for $1,000 to help pay the hospital bills.

After D’Souza, a religious Christian, offered him the money, D’Souza asked why George would come to him for the money. George replied, “I have no one else to ask … Dinesh, you are like a brother to me.”

Meanwhile, George’s brother, who is a multimillionaire, and wants to raise taxes to help the poor and has the gall to campaign around the “fair share” theme, saying, “We are our brother’s keeper”, is nowhere to be found. He has an aunt in Kenya who barely manages to make a living by selling coal on the streets of Kenya; she cannot even have her teeth fixed. Does Obama help her?

Naahh.

According to D’Souza, George, with the help of a British journalist named Damien Lewis, wrote his story in a book called "Homeland." But Lewis said that just before the book was to be published by Simon & Schuster, the publishers decided to shred the entire 20,000 copy print run.

George, who is only 30, did have an unsavory past; but now works as the organizer of a slum soccer league. And, as D’Souza points out, “the liberal argument—one that Obama himself makes in his book ‘The Audacity of Hope’ — is that the cultural pathologies of the poor are themselves the product of social disadvantage.” Would George have gotten in trouble if Obama had lent a helping hand?

D’Souza points out that an underlying reason for Barack’s contempt for George may be George’s rejection of the anti-colonial philosophy that was espoused by his father, Barack Obama Sr., as well as his brother in the White House. Unlike those two, George believes Third World countries are not being pushed around by the West, noting that in the early 1960’s:

“Kenya was on an economic par with Malaysia or Singapore. Look where we are now, and where they are. They’re practically developed and industrialized, while Kenya is still a basket case … What’s our excuse for failure? We don’t have one. We’ve only got ourselves to blame.”

George is a conservative. No wonder Barack doesn’t send him money.

(breitbart)

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (131-140):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:44 PM
It depends on how well you know them. His brother was raised on a completely different continent.

Quoting Carpy:

A half brother is hardly a distant relative.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

How do you know he doesn't?  Just because he doesn't give money to a distant relative that he's likely never met?  I don't give money to distant relatives that I've never met, and I'm sure that some of them are needy.  That doesn't mean that I don't donate time and money to others.

Quoting lorenska:

Yeah, it's popped up...on the web, perhaps on Fox...all I'm saying is it would be nice if he'd practice what he preaches to the rest of us. And I still contend that if this story were about a distant relative of Romney's, it would be covered MUCH more extensively. You know, so the media could further prove what a heartless jackass he is.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

This story has popped up continuously over the last month.  It's not as though the media has ignored it.

I think "one of his own" is overly dramatic.  For all we know, he's never even met the guy.

Quoting lorenska:

Well, yeah, maybe....BUT...they're related by blood, nonetheless, and there's no way Obama didn't know about his half brother's plight. What bothers me is that he's always preaching about 'taking care of each other' and how 'we're all in this together' and how you're supposed to 'reach out and help those who need it'....but when one of his own needs help, where was he? He couldn't dig out the $1000 that he probably has in his couch cushions?

My irritation with this is twofold - one, it further proves that when Obama says we should all be helping one another, he's referring to using tax dollars to help those in need, not private or personal charity. And two, it's the Republicans who are always accused of being cold and heartless; if this same scenario played out with a member of Romney's family, no matter how distant, it would be run on a 24 hour loop on every network in America.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

What do we know about their previous relationship?  Is this a brother that he'd grown up writing letters to, etc.?  That he'd had some sort of relationship?  Or is this more like the long-lost relative that popped out of the woodwork once he became successful?  To me, there is a difference.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Yes, she did. But, I'm not going to argue about it.

Quoting imamomzilla:

That's a lie. She never said "at all"...YOU assumed that. Fail.

Quoting AdellesMom:

No you didn't. You said that Obama wasn't charitable at all until he began to run for President.

Quoting BoysManDog:

I assumed nothing.  I wrote clearly and factually that Obama's charitable donations were low until the time that he began to run for president when they expediently increased.   No assumption needed. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

I never said that "facepalm" was an argument.

I didn't question the numbers. I questioned your assumption that Obama wasn't charitable until he began to run for President. (Reading comprehension is a fine art, ya know?)

Yes, I've looked at his tax returns.

Quoting BoysManDog:

"Facepalm" is not an argument. 

No, the tax rate is not fair.  If it were, EVERYONE would have some skin in the game, but this is not what your man wants, is it?  He wants the very few to pay more while many pay nothing.

Um, if you had looked at the returns, you would not have questioned me when I posted the actual numbers from them.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

*Facepalm*

Sigh

The tax rate isn't fair. If it was, the rich would be paying their fair share. You don't know what I've seen. Have you looked at his returns? I don't think so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BoysManDog
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, I understand the Debbie Wasserman-Schultz syndrome is contagious, but these things are very easy to prove.  From my ORIGINAL POST:

"As for Obama's (and Biden's) charitable donations?  Obama did not - no big surprise - start making any meaningful donations until he started running for president in spite of the fact that by his own measure (more than $250,00), he was "rich" at the time.  When he did start donating, he gave $25,000 to Jeremiah Wright.  I guess he was needy?  After all, Wright's mansion in a gated neighborhood might not be big enough for him.  Biden and his wife, also "rich," have been even more pathetic with regard to charitable giving.  But like most things with Biden, he obviously has no shame, only giving $5,500 to charity in 2011 on an AGI of $400,000.  of course, that's better than their usual $350 a year (for about 10 years).  But Biden DOES have to pay all those Fed AND state taxes.  Not much left over to give to his fellow man, right?" 

Quoting AdellesMom:

No you didn't. You said that Obama wasn't charitable at all until he began to run for President.

Quoting BoysManDog:

I assumed nothing.  I wrote clearly and factually that Obama's charitable donations were low until the time that he began to run for president when they expediently increased.   No assumption needed. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

I didn't question the numbers. I questioned your assumption that Obama wasn't charitable until he began to run for President. (Reading comprehension is a fine art, ya know?)

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM
4 moms liked this

LOL! Typical. They see what they want to see.

In case she missed the small print:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Yeah, I understand the Debbie Wasserman-Schultz syndrome is contagious, but these things are very easy to prove.  From my ORIGINAL POST:

"As for Obama's (and Biden's) charitable donations?  Obama did not - no big surprise - start making any meaningful donations until he started running for president in spite of the fact that by his own measure (more than $250,00), he was "rich" at the time.  When he did start donating, he gave $25,000 to Jeremiah Wright.  I guess he was needy?  After all, Wright's mansion in a gated neighborhood might not be big enough for him.  Biden and his wife, also "rich," have been even more pathetic with regard to charitable giving.  But like most things with Biden, he obviously has no shame, only giving $5,500 to charity in 2011 on an AGI of $400,000.  of course, that's better than their usual $350 a year (for about 10 years).  But Biden DOES have to pay all those Fed AND state taxes.  Not much left over to give to his fellow man, right?" 

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting AdellesMom:

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

ENJOY!

http://americanradiojournal.com/commentary.php?id=3

Dr Paul Kengor on Not His Brother's Keeper

AdellesMom
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I don't have Debbie Schultz Syndrome. WTF?

Okay. My bad. I mistakened you for someone else. I apologize.

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:09 PM
It's not "typical." I mistakened it for something else. I apologized.

Besides, if you want to spin in that way, you're guilty of doing the samed damned thing. I mean, you twisted some of the things that I have said in this post.

Pot meet kettle.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Quote:

A half brother is hardly a distant relative.

A half brother you met briefly, once, is hardly a close relative.

He hardly knew his father; why is it surprising that he basically has no relationship with his half brother?

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Love to watch 'em spin.....WEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"Reading comprehension is a fine art." LOL

Quoting AdellesMom:

It's not "typical." I mistakened it for something else. I apologized.

Besides, if you want to spin in that way, you're guilty of doing the samed damned thing. I mean, you twisted some of the things that I have said in this post.

Pot meet kettle.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting AdellesMom:

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

CABZS
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Um learning about a candidate is not bashing.

He seems to not want to help family, why would he honestly want to help the country.

I don't like the man, haven't trusted him from the very beginning, he will not get my vote.  And before anyone bashes me for liking Romney I don't trust the man or like the man either.  Neither one will be getting my vote!

My sister & I have not spoken in over 5yrs.  Growing up she tried to basically kill me or harm me in some way numerous times (smothered me w/a pillow, pushed me out a 2nd story window, pushed me out of the tree house that was 6ft up, broke my nose, took a knife after me, you get the point), but if she was sick, if her daughter was sick (my niece) & I could help in anyway I would.  Why?  Bc that is family & she may be a bitch bu she's still my sister & I don't want to see her struggle & I woud most definitely help my niece!

Not helping when you can speaks volumes to me.  Not wanting to get to know your family speaks volumes to me.

This isn't about bashing to me.

Quoting PamR:

This type of post is what  has screwed up this forum.  This has literally nothing to do with the election.  It's become about trying to personally attack the candidates and piss off other members who have a differing political view. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN