Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it important that we know Romneys Specifics but not Obamas?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM
  • 94 Replies
5 moms liked this

So obama got elected on hope n change the first time. Since we know that didn't work what are his plans this time around to "fix" our problems?   His speeches all sound like reruns of the first campaign to me. Nothing new and I don't hear the left asking for specifics.

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM
6 moms liked this

Plenty of job bills that the republicans have blocked. replace the current pubs with level headed ones and things will get to moving.

Romneys career speaks volumes about his character.

notonepercenter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM
10 moms liked this

Quoting itsmesteph11:

So obama got elected on hope n change the first time. Since we know that didn't work what are his plans this time around to "fix" our problems?   His speeches all sound like reruns of the first campaign to me. Nothing new and I don't hear the left asking for specifics.

You obviously are not paying attention.  I can sympathize with your frustration over your candidate's apparent lack of preparedness to be the leader of the greatest country in the world.  However, don't misdirect your frustration.  If you are willing to stand behind Romney then you, as well as, anyone who supports him should demand it of him to reveal his "specifics".  We are just as curious as you about his plan to "save America".  My President, however, has clearly, in 2008 and just last week again, told us his plans.  He also recapped his accomplishments over the last 4 years.  And, he humbly admitted his work is still not done.  Our President is asking for all of us to come together and to move Forward toward a better day.  Can you argue that his request is ridiculous?  Are you soooo cynical to believe that there is no hope left in America?  Are you so rigid to be open to change?  Are you so against moving forward that you'd rather re-live the past? If you answered "yes" to those last 4 questions then by all means vote republican't.  Just be informed completely of what and for whom you are supporting.  Good Luck!!!   

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM
9 moms liked this

Obama has offered me a vision of our country that I want.  And I believe everything that he has done in office (the stimulus, Obamacare, helping to save the big 3 automakers, the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, ending DaDT) has been in service to that vision.

As much as I would love to read every bill (actually who wants to do that?) and know every policy, ultimately  I can't.  I have a kid, and a job, and a husband, and in my free time I'd like to see a movie.

So I have to trust that my president has good instincts and understands the importance of keeping the interests of the middle class in mind.  Obama has proven that to me.   Plus, I still believe in the vision.  (Republicans haven't killed hope yet! - at least not mine.)

Meanwhile, nothing in Romney's experience has suggested that he has those same instincts.  And he has offered no vision of the country, at least none that I can tell.

KenneMaw
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM
12 moms liked this

Obama doesn't have "hope for America",  He and Biden have both said that this is tne "new normal". sorry, but I call BS on that.  I do not want this country to be like Europe or even like California - both places are HUGE financial, economic and moral disasters.       Obama has let down teachers and the gay community - he got their vote and then turned his back on them.  It took him 3 years to even make a statement about civil unions.    He hasn't supported small business at all.   They are the backbone of this economy, but he is intent to lay claims to their successes and punish them with more taxes and health insurance rules.    Finally,  the Dems are so quick to make the public terrified of Mormons and Catholics, yet Obama and his family worshipped under Rev. Wright who loves to preach about the evil white man holding the black man down.  Please - that is just an excuse.   The Obamas and Dems are such hypocrits.  The point out the Romney's luxuries but they are just as guilty of living the high life.  I am not saying that Romney is the perfect candidate, but sorry, 4 more years of  "hope and change"  may kill the spirit of this country.  

KenneMaw
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM
7 moms liked this

You realize Obama didn't save the auto industry - the tax payers did and it was only to appease the unions so they would vote for him.    When ever the govt does something, it is done with YOUR money (if you or your spouse is a tax payer).   Obamacare wil NOT be free either.    GM is still in big trouble and may be aksing for more help.  Ford on the other hand, refused the bailout, designed great cars that people want, and have been an overwhelming success.

paknari
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Whee did you get that abamacare would be free? That's not what I understand the idea tO be at all. However I pay for my insurance. Everyone should put a priority on healthcare rather than being shocked when all of a sudden theybare sick and need care. Requiring insurance would cut down cost for everyone as long a insurance companies don't rob their customers.

Quoting KenneMaw:

You realize Obama didn't save the auto industry - the tax payers did and it was only to appease the unions so they would vote for him.    When ever the govt does something, it is done with YOUR money (if you or your spouse is a tax payer).   Obamacare wil NOT be free either.    GM is still in big trouble and may be aksing for more help.  Ford on the other hand, refused the bailout, designed great cars that people want, and have been an overwhelming success.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM

They're too embarrassed.

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM
8 moms liked this

Quoting KenneMaw:

Of course he didn't save the auto industry.  They saved themselves, with the opportunity he and other Democrats provided.  My best friend has a job because of it.

And Ford did receive bailout money.  And the big 3 had sales better than expected last month.  What they got is a shot.  Which is more than they had otherwise.

You're right. The taxpayer did that.  Hell, I did that.  I'm happy to receive credit for people with pre-existing conditions getting insurance, gay servicemembers being able to be out and still serve, and for the road down the street that was re-paved with stimulus money.    Obama said as much during his DNC convention speech, and you just reminded me. 

And I'm happy to pay my fair share of taxes.  It is my way of giving something to the country that has given me so much. 

momof31995
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM
4 moms liked this
Really because my insurance through dh's company will cost me $500 every 2 Weeks now. Last year it cost $300. Not sure where costs have gone down here. Obama care takes money in the form of the mandate from those of us who can't afford healthcare and at that rate it is 1/3 of dh's take home pay I cannot afford it. Nope obamacare has to go. And so does Obama.

Quoting paknari:

Whee did you get that abamacare would be free? That's not what I understand the idea tO be at all. However I pay for my insurance. Everyone should put a priority on healthcare rather than being shocked when all of a sudden theybare sick and need care. Requiring insurance would cut down cost for everyone as long a insurance companies don't rob their customers.

Quoting KenneMaw:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof31995
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM
5 moms liked this
Nope only GM and Chrysler received bailouts. Chrysler paid theirs back. Ford was set up to keep themselves afloat did not take bailout monies. And you obviously did not read about the government buying up GM stock to pad their sales report. Perhaps you should do some research before you post.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting KenneMaw:

Of course he didn't save the auto industry.  They saved themselves, with the opportunity he and other Democrats provided.  My best friend has a job because of it.

And Ford did receive bailout money.  And the big 3 had sales better than expected last month.  What they got is a shot.  Which is more than they had otherwise.

You're right. The taxpayer did that.  Hell, I did that.  I'm happy to receive credit for people with pre-existing conditions getting insurance, gay servicemembers being able to be out and still serve, and for the road down the street that was re-paved with stimulus money.    Obama said as much during his DNC convention speech, and you just reminded me. 

And I'm happy to pay my fair share of taxes.  It is my way of giving something to the country that has given me so much. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)