Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

GRAPHIC PHOTOS ALLEGEDLY SHOW ‘ATTEMPTS TO RESCUE' U.S. AMBASSADOR (CONTENT WARNING)

Posted by   + Show Post

RAPHIC PHOTOS ALLEGEDLY SHOW ‘ATTEMPTS TO RESCUE' U.S. AMBASSADOR (CONTENT WARNING)

A graphic photo has surfaced online allegedly showing the "attempts to rescue" U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens in the final moments of his life after a mob attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

The image, posted on Arabic news channel AKNN News' Facebook page, shows a man identified as the ambassador severely wounded with blood on his face. It appears he's being carried away by two men in the midst of a crowd.

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) in Washington, D.C. translated the Arabic caption on the photo for TheBlaze as: "Attempts to rescue U.S. ambassador to Libya after a raid targeted his country's consulate in Benghazi in condemnation of a movie depicting the Prophet Muhammad."

Both President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made reference to Libyans carrying Stevens to the hospital after the attack.

Images below (content warning - graphic):

Ambassador Chris Stevens Libya attack

Image source: Facebook

Getty Images published a similar photo, without identifying the man as Stevens:

Ambassador Chris Stevens Libya attack

Getty Images

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Sure glad we are having an Arab spring. It just warms my heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Funny I am not coming up with anything that resembles the remarks you made.  So until you can provide a link to your source I will say you are pulling crap out of your a$$.

You go off an hug your DH and kids. 

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I should have known a sigh wouldn't work for me.....double standard and all....you know......sigh

Let your fingers do the walking.....I'm listening to the radio. Going to hug my dh and kids, have a good  day.

Quoting Peanutx3:

I asked the same thing.  She doesn't have any, she just sighed at me.  LOL

Quoting _Kissy_:

source?

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

It is being reported that the Libyan soldiers were working in cooperation with the killers.  They were told where Chris Stevens was moved too....the supposedly safe place and that is where they killed Chris Stevens and the others. Then paraded him carried upside down like that to the hospital. 

Also reports saying this was all well planned out

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Or as one news source puts it an "Arab winter" is more like it and more of our people are killed.

For those who want the source, it's already posted, so go look for it.

Quoting Carpy:

Sure glad we are having an Arab spring. It just warms my heart.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Same thing was on NPR.

Quoting idee:

So if you don't watch the news you don't know what's happening. Just letting you know as far as I know peeper is telling the truth.

Quoting Peanutx3:

I have no doubt it was planned.  I would like for Peeper to provide the source for her comments below.  Right now I really don't trust what either CNN or Fox News reports. 

Quoting idee:

It is on the CNN and FOX NEWS channels and you may still here some of it. The reporter said that soldiers were just standing by watching. In Hillary's speech she blame, "a small and savage group". RPG's were used to attack the counselate. This was planned.

Quoting Peanutx3:

How about providing the links to those reports?

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

It is being reported that the Libyan soldiers were working in cooperation with the killers.  They were told where Chris Stevens was moved too....the supposedly safe place and that is where they killed Chris Stevens and the others. Then paraded him carried upside down like that to the hospital. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I'm still not seeing where it is being reported that Libyan soldiers were involved.  I see that militants were involved but not Libyan soldiers.  So if you see an article stating that I would really like to read it.  Thank you.

Quoting Carpy:

Same thing was on NPR.

Quoting idee:

So if you don't watch the news you don't know what's happening. Just letting you know as far as I know peeper is telling the truth.

Quoting Peanutx3:

I have no doubt it was planned.  I would like for Peeper to provide the source for her comments below.  Right now I really don't trust what either CNN or Fox News reports. 

Quoting idee:

It is on the CNN and FOX NEWS channels and you may still here some of it. The reporter said that soldiers were just standing by watching. In Hillary's speech she blame, "a small and savage group". RPG's were used to attack the counselate. This was planned.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

aritoyh
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

He looks like he is already dead in these pictures. 

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

sigh

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Priceless!!

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

sigh

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Priceless!!

Yes because asking for a source is so out there.  SMH

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

It's already all over the news. There are many sources if you bother to look.

autodidact
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

what, sigh? it's a entirely valid request.   that passive voice bullshit is not valid.  WHO is saying it, and WHERE? 

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

sigh

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN