Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

GRAPHIC PHOTOS ALLEGEDLY SHOW ‘ATTEMPTS TO RESCUE' U.S. AMBASSADOR (CONTENT WARNING)

Posted by   + Show Post

RAPHIC PHOTOS ALLEGEDLY SHOW ‘ATTEMPTS TO RESCUE' U.S. AMBASSADOR (CONTENT WARNING)

A graphic photo has surfaced online allegedly showing the "attempts to rescue" U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens in the final moments of his life after a mob attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

The image, posted on Arabic news channel AKNN News' Facebook page, shows a man identified as the ambassador severely wounded with blood on his face. It appears he's being carried away by two men in the midst of a crowd.

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) in Washington, D.C. translated the Arabic caption on the photo for TheBlaze as: "Attempts to rescue U.S. ambassador to Libya after a raid targeted his country's consulate in Benghazi in condemnation of a movie depicting the Prophet Muhammad."

Both President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made reference to Libyans carrying Stevens to the hospital after the attack.

Images below (content warning - graphic):

Ambassador Chris Stevens Libya attack

Image source: Facebook

Getty Images published a similar photo, without identifying the man as Stevens:

Ambassador Chris Stevens Libya attack

Getty Images

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Replies (211-218):
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I do think some things are being made up. I think they are trying to figure out what might have happened. Is it complete fiction? I don't know, I thinking it may be a blend of fact and fiction.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Here's what I think for what it's worth. I think that Chris Stevens' death is horrific enough with the details that we have. I think that this is a piece of fiction that has no credibility whatsoever. 

It's crap like this that makes me sad for humanity. That someone would put this out there with zero substantiation (other than very subjective "translations"). What happened was so sad and so wrong, but to counter that with inflammatory, disrespectful stories that cause only more anguish in a situation that is scary enough as it is, is so wrong.

It's like yelling fire in a theater.

Quoting DSamuels:

I did find this. No way to know if it is true and I have never heard of this guy. I am still searching:

Newspapers nationwide run graphic photos of the murdered U.S. Ambassador to Libya who was reportedly raped and lynched by Islamic extremists.

As the violence continues to flare in the Middle East news outlets that originally paid little attention to the murder of U.S. Ambassador Stephens is now the top headline nationwide.

The unfolding story that was originally reported as a spontaneous rocket-propelled-grenade being fired at a protest following the setting of the Benghazi consulate on fire has morphed into several new dimensions.

First came revelations from US intelligence officials stating they had knowledge the attack was planned in advanced.

Then came revelations of evidence the ambassador was actually captured by the same terrorists he helped put into power who tortured and lynched him and 3 other Americans as Libya security forces stood by and watched.

Just last night reports out of the Middle East surfaced claiming the Ambassador was sexually raped and sodomized before he was murdered.

As the story continued to unfold it has become the central focus of news outlets across America as President Obama has announced the deployment of warships and elite marines vowing justice for the attacks.

Meanwhile the US embassies in Yemen and Egypt were attacked over night following yesterday’s protests in Cairo where Muslim Brotherhood members and Islamic Jihadist leaders call for a million man march in Egypt against the US.

As the tensions flare up newspapers are going back on their original statements that they would not run graphic photos.

Here’s what people across America and in some international locations woke up to on the front page of  morning papers  days after the original attack.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/09/13/newspapers-run-graphic-photos-libya-ambassador-183671/

paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You're rhetoric and font look familiar:) 

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Wrong.....! It's not like leave them alone and they'll go home wagging their tails behind them ! 

Quoting paperorplastic:

If this country listened to Ron Paul 4 years ago, this senseless tragedy would never have happened.  What part of we need to get out of these countries and leave these people alone does the general public NOT understand.  Now the extremist are bombing the German and British embassy's.  The UN needs to be dissolved, and we need to bring our people home.  If you ladies want to believe otherwise I simply just don't what else to say.  Ron Paul has been right on everything.  To bad the sheep in this country couldn't listen.   

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll PM you.

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Wrong.....! It's not like leave them alone and they'll go home wagging their tails behind them ! 

Quoting paperorplastic:

If this country listened to Ron Paul 4 years ago, this senseless tragedy would never have happened.  What part of we need to get out of these countries and leave these people alone does the general public NOT understand.  Now the extremist are bombing the German and British embassy's.  The UN needs to be dissolved, and we need to bring our people home.  If you ladies want to believe otherwise I simply just don't what else to say.  Ron Paul has been right on everything.  To bad the sheep in this country couldn't listen.   

paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM

:)

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I'll PM you.

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Quoting paperorplastic:

PeeperSqueak
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hi !  wave

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I'll PM you.

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Quoting paperorplastic:

paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

What's been going on?  Long time no talk.  How is the pro life front going?  Thought you might be interested to know Rand Paul is trying to sign a bill into congress that defines when life begins.  If he can do so, Roe vs. Wade can be over turned.  There is a petition going around. 

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Hi !  wave

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I'll PM you.

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Quoting paperorplastic:

PeeperSqueak
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I'm working....my clientele is really picking up and I'm staying busy.  Pro-Life front ?  still trucking : )

Thanks for the info : )

Quoting paperorplastic:

What's been going on?  Long time no talk.  How is the pro life front going?  Thought you might be interested to know Rand Paul is trying to sign a bill into congress that defines when life begins.  If he can do so, Roe vs. Wade can be over turned.  There is a petition going around. 

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Hi !  wave

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I'll PM you.

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Quoting paperorplastic:

paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM

That's good news on both fronts.  No problem.  See you around.

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I'm working....my clientele is really picking up and I'm staying busy.  Pro-Life front ?  still trucking : )

Thanks for the info : )

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Hi !  wave

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I'll PM you.

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Quoting paperorplastic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)