Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

GRAPHIC PHOTOS ALLEGEDLY SHOW ‘ATTEMPTS TO RESCUE' U.S. AMBASSADOR (CONTENT WARNING)

Posted by   + Show Post

RAPHIC PHOTOS ALLEGEDLY SHOW ‘ATTEMPTS TO RESCUE' U.S. AMBASSADOR (CONTENT WARNING)

A graphic photo has surfaced online allegedly showing the "attempts to rescue" U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens in the final moments of his life after a mob attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

The image, posted on Arabic news channel AKNN News' Facebook page, shows a man identified as the ambassador severely wounded with blood on his face. It appears he's being carried away by two men in the midst of a crowd.

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) in Washington, D.C. translated the Arabic caption on the photo for TheBlaze as: "Attempts to rescue U.S. ambassador to Libya after a raid targeted his country's consulate in Benghazi in condemnation of a movie depicting the Prophet Muhammad."

Both President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made reference to Libyans carrying Stevens to the hospital after the attack.

Images below (content warning - graphic):

Ambassador Chris Stevens Libya attack

Image source: Facebook

Getty Images published a similar photo, without identifying the man as Stevens:

Ambassador Chris Stevens Libya attack

Getty Images

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Thank you MoR.  Those are the reports I was reading but according to a few posters there are reports that claim Libyan soldiers were involved.  I sure would like to see those posters back up those claims.  I know they can't but rather than acknowledging their misunderstanding they are either going to ignore it or just keep repeating the lie until others believe it.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

And from CNN....

In Libya, witnesses say members of a radical Islamist group called Ansar al-Sharia protested near the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, where NATO jets established no-fly zones last year to halt ground attacks from then-Libyan strongman Moammar Gadhafi.

The group then clashed with security forces in the city, blocking roads leading to the consulate, witnesses said.

Four Americans and Two Libyan Security Officers were killed. The number of injured is currently at 16.

PeeperSqueak
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I've heard the ones (soldiers/guards)....i'm spelling it all out to make it as easy as possible....; / that took him (Chris Stevens) to the supposedly safe place also told the killers exactly where he was making it possible for the killers to find him.  Suspicious......

Quoting gsprofval:

I keep trying to post a story, but it's too long and won't let me.

It has pictures of the embassy after they were killed, and a small group could not have done that much damage.

It also says that rockets were used and I don't think a small group of people would have a car rocket.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Quoting gsprofval:

Or as one news source puts it an "Arab winter" is more like it and more of our people are killed.

For those who want the source, it's already posted, so go look for it.

Quoting Carpy:

Sure glad we are having an Arab spring. It just warms my heart.

I'm thinking Carpy is using sarcasm.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

What's your source? 

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I've heard the ones (soldiers/guards)....i'm spelling it all out to make it as easy as possible....; / that took him (Chris Stevens) to the supposedly safe place also told the killers exactly where he was making it possible for the killers to find him.  Suspicious......

Quoting gsprofval:

I keep trying to post a story, but it's too long and won't let me.

It has pictures of the embassy after they were killed, and a small group could not have done that much damage.

It also says that rockets were used and I don't think a small group of people would have a car rocket.

PeeperSqueak
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM
3 moms liked this

OP....it's up to you if you post a link of course. But there are some that won't approve it.....some would rather trust the mainstream media with all the lies they spew.  It's a waste of time and keystrokes to post it....IMO.

The "news" most tv stations are putting a spin on it with what BO approves and putting the blame on others like Romney, Terry Jones, etc.

Thank you for the post

PamR
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

Heard it where?  You won't even post a link because you don't have one.

Please show me where Obama blamed Romney or Terry Jones.  Or put the blame anywhere but on the extremists who are responsible? 

daughteroftruth
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Am i the only one that doesnt thnk that this is really about the video. It seems to well planned to be just and angry outraged mob. Sounds more like there was a plan in action and the video was the perfect catalysts to push the plans in place. Idk, maybe i am just reading into everything to much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeeperSqueak
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you, but don't think you can really read too much into it !  It's yet another terrible attack on America.....and we all really need to be concerned.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Am i the only one that doesnt thnk that this is really about the video. It seems to well planned to be just and angry outraged mob. Sounds more like there was a plan in action and the video was the perfect catalysts to push the plans in place. Idk, maybe i am just reading into everything to much.

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Freaking barbarians.

angry

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

It is being reported that the Libyan soldiers were working in cooperation with the killers.  They were told where Chris Stevens was moved too....the supposedly safe place and that is where they killed Chris Stevens and the others. Then paraded him carried upside down like that to the hospital. 

Also reports saying this was all well planned out

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Do they know what incited it? It could have been the DNC boasting about killing OBL that enraged them.

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

OP....it's up to you if you post a link of course. But there are some that won't approve it.....some would rather trust the mainstream media with all the lies they spew.  It's a waste of time and keystrokes to post it....IMO.

The "news" most tv stations are putting a spin on it with what BO approves and putting the blame on others like Romney, Terry Jones, etc.

Thank you for the post

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN