Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mark Levin Destroys Obama on Abortion and Life Debate

Posted by   + Show Post

Mark Levin does an excellent job calling out the backward and hypocritical media debate still on-going.

(American Thinker)

"How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers." - Mother Teresa

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jesi_79
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Fact 1:  During partial birth abortions sometimes babies take a breath before the doctor can kill them.

Fact 2: As a state senator of Illinois Barak Obama voted to oppose a law that enabled medical personal to attend to these newborn children.

Fact 3:  Obama's words from 2001, the first time he voted no:

“Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we’re really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a child, a nine-month-old child that was delivered to term. That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place. I mean, it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute.”

Fact 4:  If the baby is breathing and/or crying it is not "a previable fetus".

Fact 5:  Thus, his concerns about this law being used to restrict abortion are moot as it clearly addressed partial birth abortions where the baby survives, his reasoning is disingenuous at best.

Quoting rccmom:

Why do people constantly bring up this purposeful deceit on Obama's stance as a state senator? You all know there was already a law on the books regarding this. If you want to convince Obama supporters you need to use facts, not emotions. I don't do well with manipulative emotionall arguments, not to mention lying. 

itsmesteph11
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:31 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting jessilin0113:

Nobody lets a baby die. Get real.

Oh wow, how nieve'

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Ugh ugh Obamas own words alone makes me feel totally sick.And anyone who would speak that way or agree with him makes me feel totally sick too.I am sure there are people who think that same way before Obama he isn't the only one.They ALL makes me SICK! Where do we draw a damn line!?? Do pro choicers think that if there are any limits to abortions that it will seriously lead to no abortions at all? If so I honestly believe you to be VERY wrong.Abortions will never be totally outlawed...but there should be limits..this is sick as hell.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM

The whole thing is stupid because at the time of the vote Mr. Levin is referring to, there was already a Federal Law on the books covering such a scenario, a child alive, and protections were already in place. Levin's argument is disengenious at best, but personally, I think he is lying on purpose.

Don't have a lot of time to discuss anything today. That is the short end of my answer. I know we won't agree, but if persons really want to convince Obama supporters of something, they need to stop using this old lie.

Quoting Jesi_79:

Fact 1:  During partial birth abortions sometimes babies take a breath before the doctor can kill them.

Fact 2: As a state senator of Illinois Barak Obama voted to oppose a law that enabled medical personal to attend to these newborn children.

Fact 3:  Obama's words from 2001, the first time he voted no:

“Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we’re really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a child, a nine-month-old child that was delivered to term. That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place. I mean, it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute.”

Fact 4:  If the baby is breathing and/or crying it is not "a previable fetus".

Fact 5:  Thus, his concerns about this law being used to restrict abortion are moot as it clearly addressed partial birth abortions where the baby survives, his reasoning is disingenuous at best.

Quoting rccmom:

Why do people constantly bring up this purposeful deceit on Obama's stance as a state senator? You all know there was already a law on the books regarding this. If you want to convince Obama supporters you need to use facts, not emotions. I don't do well with manipulative emotionall arguments, not to mention lying. 

rccmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a lot of time, so I will make this quick. If the person you are referring to is Obama, I would defend him by the proof of his life. However, I can't see into his heart. His actions though are consistent with a relatively good, intelligent, and thoughtful person.

His statement that I listened to about fetus/baby, was using medical terminology. If you have a problem with medical terminology, take it up with the doctors. Again, words are infused with emotions, and Levin is doing a good job manipulating emotions by word usuage.

AGain, I am busy today, house stuff still working on it to sell. So, I will listen to the rest later. However, this argument has been debunked on here so many times, I don't see the purpose.

ing imamomzilla:

You are being either dishonest or intentionally obtuse. He didn't have to frame it. Obama's own cold, callous words speak for themselves.

Listen, and then please answer my question.

Quoting rccmom:

No I'm not, and you know you are propogating a lie, and I don't know why you find that necessary. The first 5 minutes of listening to the gentleman skillfully creating this deceit was enough to convince me that he too is purposely lying. I did not listen farther. I do not know why the far right considers itself so moral when it purposely uses deceit to try to get what it wants. It really just leaves me bewildered and doubting the conviction of that side. If you really believe in something, you don't need to lie to convince others.

I'll try to listen to the rest of the video after I get some stuff done, and settle my stomach from being upset at the first 5 minutes of deceitful onslaught because truthfully listening to him and knowing some people are swayed by such BS made me sick to my stomach.

Quoting imamomzilla:

You are the one manipulating the truth and you know it. tsk tsk. Not very Christ-like.

Listen to his his own words and tell me if this is a person you'd consider a good man. HIS OWN WORDS.

How can you defend this in good conscience? *smh

Quoting rccmom:

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

It has never been "debunked". Twisted and distorted by Obama's minions, Yes.

I look forward to your HONEST answer later. Don't forget, k?

Quoting rccmom:

I don't have a lot of time, so I will make this quick. If the person you are referring to is Obama, I would defend him by the proof of his life. However, I can't see into his heart. His actions though are consistent with a relatively good, intelligent, and thoughtful person.

His statement that I listened to about fetus/baby, was using medical terminology. If you have a problem with medical terminology, take it up with the doctors. Again, words are infused with emotions, and Levin is doing a good job manipulating emotions by word usuage.

AGain, I am busy today, house stuff still working on it to sell. So, I will listen to the rest later. However, this argument has been debunked on here so many times, I don't see the purpose.

ing imamomzilla:

You are being either dishonest or intentionally obtuse. He didn't have to frame it. Obama's own cold, callous words speak for themselves.

Quoting rccmom:

No I'm not, and you know you are propogating a lie, and I don't know why you find that necessary. The first 5 minutes of listening to the gentleman skillfully creating this deceit was enough to convince me that he too is purposely lying. I did not listen farther. I do not know why the far right considers itself so moral when it purposely uses deceit to try to get what it wants. It really just leaves me bewildered and doubting the conviction of that side. If you really believe in something, you don't need to lie to convince others.

I'll try to listen to the rest of the video after I get some stuff done, and settle my stomach from being upset at the first 5 minutes of deceitful onslaught because truthfully listening to him and knowing some people are swayed by such BS made me sick to my stomach.

Quoting imamomzilla:

You are the one manipulating the truth and you know it. tsk tsk. Not very Christ-like.

Listen to his his own words and tell me if this is a person you'd consider a good man. HIS OWN WORDS.

Quoting rccmom:

rccmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM

That is my honest answer with the info I have. As I said, I'll watch the rest later, but it may be much later. We have an open house tomorrow. Today I am taking CM breaks between bath-room cleaning, floor mopping, vacuuming, and such. Oh, such a glamorous life!!

Quoting imamomzilla:

It has never been "debunked". Twisted and distorted by Obama's minions, Yes.

I look forward to your HONEST answer later. Don't forget, k?

Quoting rccmom:

ing imamomzilla:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting rccmom:

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this

"Nobody holds him to his own words."

simple frown

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:06 AM

OK. Whenever you get around to it. Listen to ALL of it.

Good luck with the Open House.

Quoting rccmom:

That is my honest answer with the info I have. As I said, I'll watch the rest later, but it may be much later. We have an open house tomorrow. Today I am taking CM breaks between bath-room cleaning, floor mopping, vacuuming, and such. Oh, such a glamorous life!!

Quoting imamomzilla:

rccmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks! I hate trying to sell my house this time of year.

Funny story. I am moving to VA and a very good friend informed that is where Levin lives, and she would love his autograph. So I told her that if he is having any type of book signing while I am living there I will go wait in line for her and get her an autograph. Friendship always before politics.

Quoting imamomzilla:

OK. Whenever you get around to it. Listen to ALL of it.

Good luck with the Open House.

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)