Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

And This Is Who We Want To Protect Us?

Posted by   + Show Post

Read this and tell me we're not really screwed.

http://news.yahoo.com/obamas-dangerous-weakness-070000072.html?_esi=1

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Replies (11-18):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Xlandria:

Unless you have total understanding of what you just posted and have studied all sides, you really shouldn't be posting things like this. You probably don't know half of what you put out there. For one thing you reach back into the Old Testament & then jump into the 1800's. You talk about violence, if your people were being murdered & slaughtered I'd like to think there would be resistance. Once again little Miss Kissy, learn of what you speak of before you speak of what you do not truly understand. 

My DH hates to hear me mention this group simply because of people like you. He is a Seventy and could bust your 'beliefs' down so fast your head would spin forever. But he doesn't think people who so ingrain themselves in such beliefs aren't worth the effort. 

My husband echoes your husband's sentiments :}

Quoting _Kissy_:

Violence

I don’t need to go deeply into the Islamic history of violence. They have pretty much been violent since their inception. One might expect such from a desert nomadic tribal people, even without the religious aspect. But these kissin’ cousins have a lot in common, for the early history of what we know today as mainline Mormonism was also filled with violence.

Mormon teachings more often than not, brought them into conflict, sometimes violent conflict, with non-Mormons. To this very day, non-Mormons are called Gentiles and are not allowed into the inner courts of the Mormon temple. Islam executes kaffirs, mainline Mormonism once believed in the Blood Atonement, the concept that a person could commit crimes against Mormons for which only the shedding of the criminal’s blood could atone for the sin(s). It is believed that this Blood Atonement concept may have been the reason for atrocities committed by the LDS Danite militia in the 1838 Missouri war between LDS and Missouri citizens. Oaths of Vengeance were enacted after the death of Joseph Smith and became part of the Church’s temple ceremony six months later. (Sound a bit like an Islamic Fatwah? Does to me.)

Fundamentalist Mormons outside the mainline LDS church seem to carry out more violence, as they adhere to the original teachings of Smith and not the US government-forced brand of Mormonism we see today.

As Islam has Hezbollah and Hamas, so Mormonism had the Danite militia and the Nauvoo Legion.

Islam and Mormonism have eerily similar origins, founders, practices, perversions and penchants to violence. If the US government can regulate the LDS’ practices, why then can they not do the very same regarding Islam? Here are a couple of scary statements made by Mormons:

(T)here are many important elements of Mormon thought in which we would feel closer to the followers of Muhammad than to the contemporary Christian culture in which we have been located since our beginning. (Welcoming address by BYU Vice President Noel Reynolds on behalf of President Jeffery Holland, contained in Mormons and Muslims 1983, edited by Spencer J. Palmer published by Religious Studies Center,Brigham Young University p.8).

This following is the icing on an ugly cake. On October 24, 1838 Thomas Marsh, the president of the Quorum of the Twelve signed the following: Affidavit of Thomas B. Marsh

They have among them a company, considered true Mormons, called the Danites, who have taken an oath to support the heads of the Church in all things that they say or do, whether right or wrong. Many, however, of this band are much dissatisfied with this oath, as being against moral and religious principles. On Saturday last, I am informed by the Mormons, that they had a meeting at Far West, at which they appointed a company of twelve, by the name of the ‘Destruction Company,’ for the purpose of burning and destroying, and that if the people of Buncombe came to do mischief upon the people of Caldwell, and committed depredations upon the Mormons, they were to burn Buncombe; and if the people of Clay and Ray made any movement against them, this destroying company were to burn Liberty and Richmond.

The Prophet inculcates the notion, and it is believed by every true Mormon, that Smith’s prophecies are superior to the laws of the land. I have heard the Prophet say that he would yet tread down his enemies, and walk over their dead bodies; and if he was not let alone, he would be a second Mohammed to this generation, and that he would make it one gore of blood from the Rocky mountains to the Atlantic ocean; that like Mohammed, whose motto in treating for peace was, “the Alcoran or the Sword.” So should it be eventually with us, “Joseph Smith or the Sword.” These last statements were made during the last summer. The number of armed men at Adam-ondi-Ahman was between three and four hundred (History of the Church 3:167).

http://www.forerunner.com/blog/islam-and-mormonism-kissin-cousins

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Good article.Obama thinks America needs to be knocked down some notches.But then so do alot of his supporters....pretty sad.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
4 moms liked this

OK, let's get Romney's tax returns---AND obama's school and college records along with the scholarship records, too.  Oh wait, obama has paid millions to keep those hidden because he would be indicted for that.  Turn about is fair play.

Quoting _Kissy_:

A right wing blog linked to yahoo. Clever.

Romney is the dangerously unknown man. His tax returns would let us know just who his connections are.

Jmo

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM

BUMP!

shimamab
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Link to where it says he paid millions to keep college records secret? College records can only be released by the student. He hasn't had them legally sealed (therefore incurred legal costs)...no need to. He just hasn't released them, like other presidents didn't.

Quoting gsprofval:

OK, let's get Romney's tax returns---AND obama's school and college records along with the scholarship records, too.  Oh wait, obama has paid millions to keep those hidden because he would be indicted for that.  Turn about is fair play.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Romney is the dangerously unknown man. His tax returns would let us know just who his connections are.

Jmo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Quoting shimamab:

Link to where it says he paid millions to keep college records secret? College records can only be released by the student. He hasn't had them legally sealed (therefore incurred legal costs)...no need to. He just hasn't released them, like other presidents didn't.

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Jmo

Link? What do you mean link? You know there aren't any. In fact I heard they kind of just disappeared. Have you ever just taken everything except Obama out of the equation & judged him on what you do know, hard facts, about this person? I doubt it, because then people would really have to face the facts of who & what he really is and stands for. Here's a hint, it's not for the well being of the U.S. and what we stand for now. It's a shame so many don't know the real history because they weren't born yet.

DianeRyd
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Why would anyone care what a blogger thinks. It is not real news or fact...just opinion

shimamab
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM

The "real history" of what exactly? Where did you "hear" they just "disappeared"? It's real convenient to make accusations with a built in excuse as to why you can't prove it. And there are no links because it's NOT TRUE. He paid the law firm handling his 2008 campaign somewhere in the range of 2.4m which covered all legal expenses for the WHOLE campaign. Some of which was in responding to requests for his bc...I think there were about 4 cases and all were dismissed fairly early on. His college records could still be at the colleges, assuming they keep records that far back. Or possibly he has the originals from the school to prevent a leak like what happened to Bush. There was no need to "seal" them because he's the only one allowed to release them. Not all prez's release theirs and it's not a requirement.

I challenge you to do the same thing in regards to taking his name out of things. Since you felt free to ASSume how I come to conclusions, I'll repay the arrogance by saying you seem to be a person who's knee jerk reaction to anything involving him is to assume the worst is true. I'm not an Obama apologist...he's made mistakes, had shady associations, and been secretive...I just don't hold him to a higher standard or require more disclosure from him than I would anyone else. 

Quoting Xlandria:

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Jmo

Link? What do you mean link? You know there aren't any. In fact I heard they kind of just disappeared. Have you ever just taken everything except Obama out of the equation & judged him on what you do know, hard facts, about this person? I doubt it, because then people would really have to face the facts of who & what he really is and stands for. Here's a hint, it's not for the well being of the U.S. and what we stand for now. It's a shame so many don't know the real history because they weren't born yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN