Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hows that working out?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 22 Replies

I think Obama spoke a bit to soon on this one. 

“One of the proudest things of my three years in office is helping to restore a sense of respect for America around the world, a belief that we are not just defined by the size of our military.”

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM
5 moms liked this

Oh, you mean the world doesn't respect us because we got rid of the "cowboy" and put an elitist who understands Muslims because he spent ages 5-10 in Indonesia?

Go figure!

tooptimistic
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, I think they are burning effigies of Obama as we speak.  I am thinking they still do not like us, and they don't seem to like him either.

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM
5 moms liked this

So now it's Obama's fault some idiot made a movie that pissed of Muslims?  You people have seriously jumped the shark with this anti Obama bs.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM
4 moms liked this

Which is why the admin has to stick to "it's the movie" story. They think if they repeat it enough times, people will believe it. The Clinton admin used this tactic.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Yeah, I think they are burning effigies of Obama as we speak.  I am thinking they still do not like us, and they don't seem to like him either.

tooptimistic
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting trippyhippy:

So now it's Obama's fault some idiot made a movie that pissed of Muslims?  You people have seriously jumped the shark with this anti Obama bs.

Its not Obama's fault at all about the riots. 

There is no restoring respect for America in certain countries or with certain groups of people. It was a silly statement.  The countries who liked us before Obama, still like us.  The countries who didn't, still don't.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM
6 moms liked this

It wasn't about the movie. 

Quoting trippyhippy:

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I didn't see anyone say that.

Since when did the president, State Dept and others start apologizing for something stupid that a private citizen did?

Quoting trippyhippy:

tooptimistic
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, I don't think this had anything to do with a movie.  It had everything to do with the anniversary of 9/11.  The media is sticking with the "movie" story too.  

To be honest, I don't blame them.  If I were the President I may stick to that story too.

Quoting DSamuels:

Which is why the admin has to stick to "it's the movie" story. They think if they repeat it enough times, people will believe it. The Clinton admin used this tactic.

Quoting tooptimistic:

broncfan
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM
5 moms liked this

It is  NOT  about the movie.  lather, rinse and repeat

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Part of me doesn't blame them. If they admit it's not about the movie, they are admitting that their policies have failed. The other part wishes they would "man up" and admit the truth, that's it was a miscalculation, anything.

*Sigh* I guess that would show weakness, but I also think people respect someone who can admit they made a mistake.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Yeah, I don't think this had anything to do with a movie.  It had everything to do with the anniversary of 9/11.  The media is sticking with the "movie" story too.  

To be honest, I don't blame them.  If I were the President I may stick to that story too.

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN