Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama Campaign Actually Replaces 50 Stars on American Flag With Campaign ‘O’ Logo

Posted by   + Show Post

Politics

Obama Campaign Actually Replaces 50 Stars on American Flag With Campaign ‘O’ Logo

If you go to barackobama.com right now, you can buy your very own limited edition American flag print. But this isn’t any ordinary American flag; this is an American flag that replaces the 50 stars representing the 50 states with President Obama’s campaign logo.

The Obama campaign is selling the limited edition “Our Stripes: Flag poster” for $35 on its official website. The screen print was designed by Ross Bruggink and Dan Olson, according to the site.

Obama Campaign Selling American Flag Print That Replaces 50 Stars With Campaign Logo

(source: barackobama.com)

As Fox News’ Todd Starnes points out, there is also another print for sale called “Our Stripes: Country Print” that also looks like an American flag but in the shape of the United States. Again, in the top left corner sits the Obama campaign logo instead of the 50 stars.

Obama Campaign Selling American Flag Print That Replaces 50 Stars With Campaign Logo

(source: barackobama.com)

Promoting the new item, Obama’s official campaign Twitter account tweeted:

“The United States of Obama?” Starnes asks in his headline.

Find out how people are reacting to the Obama campaign’s version of the American flag on Twitter at Twitchy.com.

Just for the record, an American flag should never bear “any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature,” according to U.S. flag code.

Additionally, U.S. Flag Code-Title 4, Ch. 1, Sec. 3 prohibits the “Use of flag for advertising purposes.”

Click here to find out more!

In case you find it hard to believe that the campaign of the sitting president of the United States would sell an item that replaces the stars on the sacred American flag with their own logo, we snapped some screen shots to prove it’s true.

Taken directly from barackobama.com:

Obama Campaign Selling American Flag Print That Replaces 50 Stars With Campaign LogoObama Campaign Selling American Flag Print That Replaces 50 Stars With Campaign Logo

This isn’t the first time that President Obama and American flags have sparked controversy. In fact, his campaign appears to have a real problem understanding U.S. flag code.

TheBlaze previously reported that the Obama campaign left a giant American flag on the ground while they were setting up for an official campaign event at the University of Iowa, a blatant violation of U.S. flag code that states an American flag should never touch the ground.

Further, just last week a Texas school district was forced to remove an American flag that has Obama’s face plastered on it. Again, just as in this most recent case, flag code states an American flag should never bear “any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM
2 moms liked this

groan.

eye rolling

notonepercenter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Xlandria:

I didn't know about this particular one but I did know about the flag with his picture in place of the stars. It seems that nothing he does surprises me anymore, just another look into his arrogance and self love that consumes him. I simply cannot stand to look at his face anymore and if DH & I are in line at the grocery or anywhere magazines are on sale, he will turn any that have his or her pix on it & face it the other way. I wish someone with the authority and the balls to do it would file charges of Treason on him. He's certainly more than guilty of it. 

Wow!  Hate much?  I picture you and whomever standing in line, feeling so enraged over a photo of our President.  Steam coming out your ears, blood pressure rising, veins bulging.  Then gleefully, picking up some other smut mag and drooling over a picture of Dick Cheney or George Bush, or Snooki maybe?  Treason?  Why because you hate him?  Sorry, that's not grounds for treason.  

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I guess some are taking up the Pledge to Obama:

Alba joins Hollywood actresses Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson by photographing herself with her hand on her heart pledging to vote for Obama.

“That’s why all across the country, people like you and I are proudly writing down our reasons for getting involved, and then taking the pledge — to vote.”

Obama campaign staffers have also begun posting photos of themselves with the pledge.

“Make sure you’re ready to vote this fall,” Alba writes. “Putting your hand over your heart is making a promise. Casting your ballot is keeping it.”

PamR
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM
10 moms liked this

I don't know if you noticed, but that's not actually a picture of the flag.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM
4 moms liked this

What a damn disgrace! I would not accept this from ANY president period! How friggin humiliating.This goes against everything this country stands for.These folks ought to be truly and deeply ashamed of themselves.

shimamab
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM
5 moms liked this
Noticing that would mean their "righteous outrage" would be silly...so I say this tiny detail will be glossed over for the foreseeable future. :)

Quoting PamR:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

pssssst - it's a poster.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shimamab:

Noticing that would mean their "righteous outrage" would be silly...so I say this tiny detail will be glossed over for the foreseeable future. :)

Quoting PamR:

Gimmie a break! It implies that something is very wrong in this country period.As I said id be equally as outraged if it were another president..Reagan even!

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Xlandria:

I didn't know about this particular one but I did know about the flag with his picture in place of the stars. It seems that nothing he does surprises me anymore, just another look into his arrogance and self love that consumes him. I simply cannot stand to look at his face anymore and if DH & I are in line at the grocery or anywhere magazines are on sale, he will turn any that have his or her pix on it & face it the other way. I wish someone with the authority and the balls to do it would file charges of Treason on him. He's certainly more than guilty of it. 

The gov seems to have a problem following the rules of the GOV..

This isn’t the first time that President Obama and American flags have sparked controversy. In fact, his campaign appears to have a real problem understanding U.S. flag code.

TheBlaze previously reported that the Obama campaign left a giant American flag on the ground while they were setting up for an official campaign event at the University of Iowa, a blatant violation of U.S. flag code that states an American flag should never touch the ground.

Further, just last week a Texas school district was forced to remove an American flag that has Obama’s face plastered on it. Again, just as in this most recent case, flag code states an American flag should never bear “any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting rocketracer:

No stars on that flag....just one giant O....for the nation of Obama.  

OBAMANATION!

Now I got to head to work while I still have a job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN