Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

UNIVISION REPORTERS SKEWER OBAMA ON IMMIGRATION: ‘ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU DID NOT KEEP YOUR PROMISE'

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:20 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

UNIVISION REPORTERS SKEWER OBAMA ON IMMIGRATION: ‘ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU DID NOT KEEP YOUR PROMISE'

President Obama was skewered by Univision reporters on Thursday for breaking his promise to enact lasting immigration reform during his first term in the White House.

"But it was a promise, Mr. President," Univision reporter Jorge Ramos said. "This is very important, I don't want it to get lost in translation. You promised that, and a promise is a promise and with all due respect, you didn't keep that promise."

Obama's only response was that he does not have the power as president to accomplish everything he wants to, saying it requires cooperation within the other branches of government.

"I am happy to take responsibility for the fact that we didn't get it done but I did not make a promise that I would get everything done, 100 percent when I was elected as president."

At another point in the interview, Ramos called on Obama to "acknowledge that you did not keep your promise." Find out if he did by watching the following videos:

In another exchange, a woman capitalized on Ramos' remarks and told Obama that he has offered "many excuses" for his broken promises on immigration.

"With many excuses...you actually broke your promise," a woman identified as Maria Elena Salinas told the President.

"What I'll say is this, I haven't gotten everything done that I wanted to get done. That‘s why I'm running for a second term," Obama replied.

• SHARE THIS ARTICLE
  •  
You May Like
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Just more fuel for getting rid of obama.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:22 AM

BUMP

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:42 AM
4 moms liked this

Obama uses excuses yet he was able to pass Obamacare in 2009 without one single GOP vote.  Why didn't he also attack immigration reform?

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:45 AM
2 moms liked this

obamacare was passed when the dems weren't even smart enough to read it.

obama won't bother to reform his stance on illegals because he wants their fraudulant votes this election.  You know, voter fraud from his ACORN roots.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM
BUMP
Jesi_79
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

If you just watch the Jorge Ramos video you can get the impression that he was setting up Obama to give that excuse, especially as Obama delivered it without a stuuter or pause like he usually does when he talks extemporarily.  But if you saw the whole interview they were much more direct than these videos indicate, and this was supposed to be a sympathetic interview.  It kind of deflates the arguement about him having the hispanic vote sewn up. 

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Quoting Jesi_79:

If you just watch the Jorge Ramos video you can get the impression that he was setting up Obama to give that excuse, especially as Obama delivered it without a stuuter or pause like he usually does when he talks extemporarily.  But if you saw the whole interview they were much more direct than these videos indicate, and this was supposed to be a sympathetic interview.  It kind of deflates the arguement about him having the hispanic vote sewn up. 

I think that it's good that the interviewer atleast pressed the point. Pretty cool:)

itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I couldn't believe (well, yes actually I could)he spit out one lie after the other.  What is he going to say when this comes up during a debate.

Obama- "Well the Republicans don't like me and they wouldn't work with us"

Romney- You had a Democrat House and Senate for the first 2 yrs and you pushed through the Health care bill with that House and Senate. You didn't even introduce an immigration reform bill during your 1st 2 years.  Had you done so you wouldn't have worried about any Republican standing in your way.

Yeah, that will work. So much for excuses

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Well Romney got Roasted too on Imagration trying to cover up this earlier "self Deportation remarks from the Primaries. We not going to round anyone up we just to going to make sure they have no means to feed their families an they will all leave on their own.  Yeah that will work.

Now I am a fan of making employer pay the price for Hiring illegals I think lots more would not come if they could not find jobs.

But no one know for sure what Romney plans because he never says anything about wat he will do.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:10 PM

The first tough interview he's ever, ever had.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN