Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ann Romney Melts Down and Tells the GOP They are Lucky To Have Mitt

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ann Romney Melts Down and Tells the GOP They are Lucky To Have Mitt

In a full blown meltdown, Ann Romney lashed out the Republican Party and told them that they were lucky to have her husband as their nominee.

In an interview with Radio Iowa, Ann Romney took a blowtorch and burned all the Romney bridges with GOP.

Mrs. Romney explained how “hard” campaigning was for her, “If you love someone, you see them maligned, attacked, all these things that happen in a campaign, you get very defensive.”

In other words, stop maligning Mitt Romney with his own words! Also, Mitt may call you victims, but you may not repeat what Mitt said. Got it?

Speaking of 2008, Ann spoke of how she “suffered” so very, very much and never wanted to do it again. She even made a video about how much she didn’t want to do it. And yet, she is not letting this affect her. And they are “going forward” with his campaign.

Ann Romney then launched into an attack on the Republican Party, “Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring. This is hard and, you know, it’s an important thing that we’re doing right now and it’s an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country.”

This is now total inter party warfare between the GOP and the Romneys. Ann Romney provided proof that the pressure has gotten to the Romney campaign, and they are cracking up. Let’s look at the lay of the land. Mitt Romney followed up his Libya debacle by calling half of America victims. Ann Romney then decided to tell her own party that it really hard to run for president.

What Ann Romney doesn’t seem to get is the Republicans that she derisively labeled as the “chattering class” are Republicans who have participated in winning presidential campaigns. People like Peggy Noonan and Mark McKinnon know what they are talking about, so when they tell Mitt and Ann Romney they are blowing it, it would be wise to listen up.

That’s the thing that this campaign has revealed about the Romneys. They aren’t wise. They are ambitious, reckless, narrow minded, out of touch, selfish, entitled, arrogant, uncaring, and a million other adjectives, but their biggest problem is that they aren’t smart.

Ann and Mitt Romney are living proof that money can’t buy intelligence. To the Romneys, the Republican Party is nothing but the help. Republicans need to keep their mouths shut and elect Mitt so that he can run the country.

Notice, Ann Romney didn’t say that her husband would serve the country. You people serve the Romneys. The Romney don’t serve anyone.

The Republican Party is lucky to have a nominee whose campaign is so incompetent that it may cost them a chance to retake the Senate, and their House majority.

It’s not like any other Republican could have stepped up to the plate and served as President Obama’s weak kneed punching bag for the last four months.

The Romney campaign is melting down before our very eyes, and Ann Romney’s channeling of Leona Helmsley is the cherry on top.

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Everyone knows that Obama will try to steal the election because he is a narcissistic man with no morals.

We were lucky to get anyone at all to run this time around.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Everyone knows that Obama will try to steal the election because he is a narcissistic man with no morals.

One would think that if Obama is all that bad, qualified candidates would have been lining up.  It should have been the pick of the cream of the crop.

Oh well...there's always 2016.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually feel bad for Ann.  It has got to be difficult being in her shoes.  I can't decide if they really are that stupid, or if they are just getting awful advice and trusting the wrong people.  Either way, it's very clear that the real powers that be want another four years of Obama.

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

One would think that if Obama is all that bad, qualified candidates would have been lining up.  It should have been the pick of the cream of the crop.

He is that bad.

So if he and the Democrats steal the election,  what are the implications of that for the country.

Sorry you are so unconcerned about the state of the country.

I guess free birth control pills will be worth it.

Free stuff.   Yay  !

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

He is that bad.

So if he and the Democrats steal the election,  what are the implications of that for the country.

Sorry you are so unconcerned about the state of the country.

I guess free birth control pills will be worth it.

Free stuff.   Yay  !

Then why weren't truly qualified candidates lined up?  Michelle Bachmann?  Herman Cain?  Rick Santorum?  That was the best of the best of the Republican party?  I don't think so.  Not one of them could have won the election, and the one candidate that could have actually won was all but ignored.

The Democrats aren't going to steal anything.  It's laughable that anyone but your candidate would have to have stolen the election to actually win.  At this point, it almost looks like Romney is trying to lose on purpose.

It isn't that I'm unconcerned with what is happening in the country, I'm just not so naive as to think that one man has that much power.  It's a big, complicated system.  One person cannot collapse the whole thing on his or her own.  It must be hard to be so full of fear.

PamR
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

Ha - already looking for excuses.

No doubt it's hard to see someone you love being criticized, but I would think a woman whose husband has been in politics for a long time would be used to it.  The truth is, Romney has a really low likability rating, he's said some bone-headed things and he's getting flack for it.  That's how it works. 

itsmesteph11
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM

You know what? She is absolutely right. There are some supposedly mature adults out there acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. 

I will always be a conservative and will vote Republican but some of the stuff I have heard is disgusting and the people having said it should be flogged by Conservatives.   I have to say no matter whether a Democrat is right or wrong in saying something it's rare to have one come out and bash another Democrat.  Heavens if they did the rest of them come out and ruin that Dems life.    Republicans?  Not only are they stupid enough to open their mouths and bash one of their own, the ones that do don't have to worry about being lambasted like thy should be.

mamamaloney
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I think it's fine that Ann Romney spoke out about laying off her husband! Anyway, all this is irrelevent. I've been a democrat my whole life and didn't and won't vote for Obama. Romney is going to make mistakes (Obama made plenty during his campaign and has since) and all this stuff is just a distraction. It's like looking at a house to buy when it's filled with stuff you have to look through to see the bones of the house. I like what I see in Romney and I'm going to continue to look through the clutter to see who will do the best job for this and future generations of Americans. Hint: It's not Obama. This democrate is done "drinking the Kool Aid!"

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Good girl. I appreciate what you said.

As you may know, last time in 2008, a lot of Republicans voted for Obama - and  now see that it didn't turn out as they expected.

I think a lot of Democrats will vote for Romney this time, because they see what happened the past 4 years, and think this country needs to go in a different direction than Obama will take us.

I am happy to have you on our team.  :)

mamamaloney
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I agree that a lot of democrats will vote for Romney! They want jobs and an opportunity to rebuild their lives after four years of uncertainty and financial loss. I have never voted for a republican candidate.I wrote in Hillary last time! I mean I was truly a blue-to-the-bone democrat who has seen the light.I cannot wait to get into that voting booth.

Ann Romney factors favorably in my choice this time around. She is enthusiastic, intelligent, determined personable and raised what appear to be great kids! Who could ask for anything more? Aren't we all really ready for a refreshing change?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)