Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

A House Divided Against Itself Cannot Stand...*Updated*

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 172 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been thinking a lot about this Abraham Lincoln quote lately.  To me, this sums up what is happening in the Republican party.  What do you think?  Once the dust settles, who do you think is going to end up with control of the Republican party?  Do you think this schism will end up strengthening a third party?

UTA:  Maybe more Republicans are open to this discussion now?  I think that the division in the Republican party is the biggest reason Mitt lost.  Where do we go from here?

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM
8 moms liked this

No.

Republicans are more united than ever against the ignorant  tomfoolery of the  Democrat Party.

There is no significant divide in the Republican Party to amount to anything when civilization is on the line.

We see that civilization is on the line.

Democrats see free birth control pills.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
12 moms liked this

Quote:

No.

Republicans are more united than ever against the ignorant  tomfoolery of the  Democrat Party.

There is no significant divide in the Republican Party to amount to anything when civilization is on the line.

Oh God.  And there you have, repubican brain power in action.

In fact, the conservatives who are moderate seem to have a hard time finding a place in the party.  The party now seems to be so beholden to the ultra-conservatives and tea partiers that they have lost sight of the actual principles that the party is supposed to be about.  And that is an opinion you hear voiced by a lot of conservatives.  Jeb Bush recently said that Ronald Reagan would have no place in the current republican party, he would be considered too "liberal."

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

No.

*Raises eyebrows*

The Republican party is extremely fractured.  Republicans are abandoning the Romney ship left and right.  There is a huge fight for control between the socially moderate fiscal conservatives and the religious right.  Do you truly not see it?  Perhaps you would benefit from taking a step back and observing it objectively because what is going on right now is going to end up costing the party for a long time if they can't figure out a way to come together and compromise with eachother.  If they can't work together within their own party, how are they ever going to work with the Democrats to govern?

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting PamR:

Quote:

No.

Oh God.  And there you have, repubican brain power in action.

In fact, the conservatives who are moderate seem to have a hard time finding a place in the party.  The party now seems to be so beholden to the ultra-conservatives and tea partiers that they have lost sight of the actual principles that the party is supposed to be about.  And that is an opinion you hear voiced by a lot of conservatives.  Jeb Bush recently said that Ronald Reagan would have no place in the current republican party, he would be considered too "liberal."

Absolutely.  It is extremely divided.

What do you think will end up happening, Pam?  Do you think they will be able to come together and compromise?

PamR
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know what will happen.  Some of the things that you see happening are inexplicable. I would hope that both parties would try to be less partisan and work together and I would like to see less rancor and more acceptance of the fact that there is diversity of opinion within each party and that's actually a good thing.

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Here's the "compromise".

Get someone besides Obama into the White House.

That's our compromise within the Republican Party right now.

Anything else will be worked out later.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Here's the "compromise".

...and they don't seem to be having much luck with that.

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Here's the "compromise".

Pretty damned good since EVERY  major media outlet known to man is in the tank for Obama.

NBC

ABC

CBS

YAHOO

GOOGLE

FACEBOOK

MSNBC

CNN

ALL INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING  ( TO SPREAD THE GOOD WORD TO THE WET-BEHIND-THE-EARS)

CAFEMOM

ETC.,.

Yet  Obama and Romney  are  basically tied, despite all the freebies Obama gets from mainstream media, still tied  !!

Romney has my respect for even running.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM
4 moms liked this

I think Jon Huntsman would have been the guy to possibly beat Obama and get moderates on board.

Right now every Republican I know it either voting third party or for Obama.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Tied with the "Communist, Muslim, Anti-Christ, anxious to destroy the country and military, and collapse the economy" Obama? That's doing well? Hmm...

I respect anyone who is willing to run. It takes a huge toll on the individual and their family.

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Here's the "compromise".

Pretty damned good since EVERY  major media outlet known to man is in the tank for Obama.

NBC

ABC

CBS

YAHOO

GOOGLE

FACEBOOK

MSNBC

CNN

ALL INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING  ( TO SPREAD THE GOOD WORD TO THE WET-BEHIND-THE-EARS)

CAFEMOM

ETC.,.

Yet  Obama and Romney  are  basically tied, despite all the freebies Obama gets from mainstream media, still tied  !!

Romney has my respect for even running.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)