Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

JOE BIDEN ON COLLEGE CHEERLEADERS: ‘THE STUFF THEY DO ON HARD WOOD, IT BLOWS MY MIND'

Posted by   + Show Post

JOE BIDEN ON COLLEGE CHEERLEADERS: ‘THE STUFF THEY DO ON HARD WOOD, IT BLOWS MY MIND'

Joe Biden on College Cheerleaders: The Stuff They Do on Hard Wood, It Blows My Mind

Vice President Joe Biden speaks to supporters from the steps of the State House in Concord, N.H., Friday, Sept. 21, 2012. (Credit: AP)

Vice President Joe Biden has a lot of respect for college cheerleaders. In fact, he said they are "the best athletes in college" during a campaign stop on Friday.

However, Biden, as he has become famous for doing, made an extremely awkward statement to get his point across while trying to compliment to a group of high school cheerleaders at Newport High School in Newport, N.H.

"He cradled a football under his arm as he spoke" to about 100 students "waiting for him in a semi-circle," the pool report reads, written by The New York Times' Trip Gabriel.

After asking which sports teams were represented in the crowd, "football, soccer, lacrosse and cross-country. Any others? He asked."

"Cheerleaders," a group of girls shouted, the pool report states.

"Guess what, the cheerleaders in college are the best athletes in college,'' Biden told them. "You think, I'm joking, they're almost all gymnasts, the stuff they do on hard wood, it blows my mind.''

Unfortunately, no video of the remarks was readily available.

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
catrig
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Cheerleaders are awesome athletes.  And severely underpaid.

AdellesMom
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, the stuff they do on hardwood blows my mind too. ROFL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyByrdNest
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Can someone say splinters?

_Kissy_
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM
He's right. That hardwood floor will you Jack you up. You'd had to be a cheerleader to understand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anime.princess
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I was a cheerleader.  It's kinda tough to do those things.

paknari
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
He may have been slightly perverted but they really do amazing things and I do not mean sexually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Taking something out of context and trying to spin it? From this OP? I'm shocked!

Cheerleaders get tossed into the air and perform all sorts of gymnastic moves on a hard wood floor.

And Biden is some sort of perv for expressing his amazement because random internet lady reads too much into it.

lol 

This group cracks me up.

Get your mind out of the gutter, goodness.  No one said anything about him being a pervert, but your remark about taking things out of context is the best. I do hope you made note not to jump on someone about the very thing you are doing. And, I'm almost certain that had Romney said the same thing, some CM's would be yelling "Pervert", "Molester" or worse. Actually, it is funny but I'm sure he's one of those who wishes he said something in different words. Sort of like those of you, (and you know who you are), who are claiming that Romney said he doesn't care about the 47% who pay no taxes. When I hear those statements the first thing I think of is "Stupidity Should Hurt". But most aren't stupid, they just want to cause shit. I'd much rather be in the company of those who see the humor in this than those who are big sticks, (shit stirrers), or those who have no sense of humor. I'm very sure the OP saw the humor in this as well but preferred to give some a taste of their own medicine. I don't see one bit of difference between your "OMG and he, (Romney), wants to be President?"  to our, "Just think, he's 2nd in line." The best I can come up with on that is, "Better him than Miss Nancy or Mr Harry."

BTW: Thank you for explaining what Joe meant. I'm sure we're too dumb over here to have figured it out on our own. (Actually, I'm sure we all nailed that before you enlighted us). 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM
3 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter oh my goodness.. JOE!!!!!

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so funny. There was nothing she could say after that that didn't have a double meaning. I can imagine the jokes that went on later! I like people with a sense of humor, but you have to know when it's appropriate and there was nothing with a little humor now and again.

Quoting Lacey14:

Guess it runs in the family.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

okay... got to share a funny since this reminded me...

Bill Engvall: 

I'm not gonna take my car to a high-school car wash anymore.

I know it's good charity, and it's fun, but you just can't feel good about yourself knowing you were lured in by a 15-year-old girl in shorty shorts and a bikini top.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN