Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Romney to teacher "I didn't ask you a question"

Posted by   + Show Post

Romney to teacher "I didn't ask you a question"

It is a video of a CO teacher describing her experience at a round table with Mitt Romney. According to the teacher, Romney was going on about schools failing and how we need a voucher system. When she said she had an answer for that he told her "I didn't ask you a question."

The video has captions, but I have also included a partial transcript below the fold.

When i was asked to speak with Mitt Romney it seemed like a very important thing to me, and I wanted to put a lot of careful thought into what I would say. So, I went to the round table discussion very optimistic and interested in hearing what he had to say.

When he sat down, one of the first questions he asked was, he said "I understand there is a teacher here today, which one of you is a teacher?"

So, I raised my hand, thinking that's a good thing, he's interested in education, but it wasn't a good thing. I felt like his view was a little old-fashioned and I was surprised by it. He went on to kind of lecture me about schools and how bad they are. He talked bad about the teacher's union. He was talking about the importance of private schools and voucher systems.

At one point, I said to him, "I have an answer for that." And he said, "I didn't ask you a question."

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
kailu1835
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Rude :(

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Quoting broncfan:

So we have one woman, that may or may not be a Teacher's Union supporter that may or may not be an Obama supporter and we are to make a hard opinion of what kind of man Romney is?  Let's get real, we are never going to know what he is or what Obama is....really.....we are going to know what they want us to see and what other people can twist and turn about them, good or bad.  It is all a game, you find something to stretch about Romney, someone else finds something to twist about Obama and we go around in circles never getting down to what either of them is going to do.  I know what Obama is going to do, more of the same, I am willing to try out a change because I do still have hope.

Hi,

If you watch the video you will see that this teacher is an Obama supporter.She said that Obama and the government works with the teachers especially on the no kid left behind on education program.

I dissagree very strongly that we do not know what Obama and Romneys plans are for this country.I believe alot of people dislike Obama without even comprehending how much he has done,is trying to do,and how much the republicans have worked against his efforts to help Americans.

Romney is more concerned about beating Obama than helping all Americans.Both Romney and Obama put out their plans for the country if you go on their political websites.I understand that once in office things do not always work out as plan.Like any job you have to get all sides to vote on certain bills to be passed....isnt always easy and smooth....even and especially for any president.

People expected Obama to snap his fingers and get us out of debt.No one being president would have an easy time handeling this economic downfall.

You must understand that Obama inherited the biggest deficit in history that began under the Bush administration.Obama has stopped alot of the bleeding and and saved millions of jobs.

Romney is definitely not going to help the average person.He is for small government which equals no jobs.Not everyone can start their own business,and when they do they dont hire or create jobs for people as to help the economy.The joe the plumber types become sweat shops because in order to survive they need cheap labor.They hire non Americans and leave Americans with no jobs.

If you vote for Romney expect to have no medicare when you get older,if you lose your job you will lose your home and medical and be without food.When you are ready to send your child to college if you dont have 30,000 dollars or more sitting in savings forget school.

We will be living in a real life Hungers Game movie.....that is extremely scarey to me.

How can anyone vote for someone who is only for people making over $250,000 a year and millionaires??He is not for your average person who works hard for a living and deserves dignity.If you can afford $50,000 a plate to hear his bs...than by all means vote for depression....because that is what Romney will cause....a depression...not just a recession.

I want a president that is for ALL people...not just the rich.

~Tia

LavenderChic
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM

clappingSo, so, so very well said!!!!! kiss

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi,

If you watch the video you will see that this teacher is an Obama supporter.She said that Obama and the government works with the teachers especially on the no kid left behind on education program.

I dissagree very strongly that we do not know what Obama and Romneys plans are for this country.I believe alot of people dislike Obama without even comprehending how much he has done,is trying to do,and how much the republicans have worked against his efforts to help Americans.

Romney is more concerned about beating Obama than helping all Americans.Both Romney and Obama put out their plans for the country if you go on their political websites.I understand that once in office things do not always work out as plan.Like any job you have to get all sides to vote on certain bills to be passed....isnt always easy and smooth....even and especially for any president.

People expected Obama to snap his fingers and get us out of debt.No one being president would have an easy time handeling this economic downfall.

You must understand that Obama inherited the biggest deficit in history that began under the Bush administration.Obama has stopped alot of the bleeding and and saved millions of jobs.

Romney is definitely not going to help the average person.He is for small government which equals no jobs.Not everyone can start their own business,and when they do they dont hire or create jobs for people as to help the economy.The joe the plumber types become sweat shops because in order to survive they need cheap labor.They hire non Americans and leave Americans with no jobs.

If you vote for Romney expect to have no medicare when you get older,if you lose your job you will lose your home and medical and be without food.When you are ready to send your child to college if you dont have 30,000 dollars or more sitting in savings forget school.

We will be living in a real life Hungers Game movie.....that is extremely scarey to me.

How can anyone vote for someone who is only for people making over $250,000 a year and millionaires??He is not for your average person who works hard for a living and deserves dignity.If you can afford $50,000 a plate to hear his bs...than by all means vote for depression....because that is what Romney will cause....a depression...not just a recession.

~Tia

Simmeringhearts
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Her "opinion" of Romney would have been the same regardless of what he did or said. Nice spin though!

sthflachk
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Well said!

Quoting MomTiara19:

Quoting broncfan:

So we have one woman, that may or may not be a Teacher's Union supporter that may or may not be an Obama supporter and we are to make a hard opinion of what kind of man Romney is?  Let's get real, we are never going to know what he is or what Obama is....really.....we are going to know what they want us to see and what other people can twist and turn about them, good or bad.  It is all a game, you find something to stretch about Romney, someone else finds something to twist about Obama and we go around in circles never getting down to what either of them is going to do.  I know what Obama is going to do, more of the same, I am willing to try out a change because I do still have hope.

Hi,

~Tia

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nb34
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Yep!

Quoting trippyhippy:

What a pompous ass.

BillieJeans
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Quoting MomTiara19:

Quoting broncfan:

Hi,

AT this point I went --------

bouncing

BillieJeans
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Followed by----

rolling on floor

BillieJeans
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Then I was was a little  sad 

knowing that people who think that nonsense actually are allowed to vote.

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Quoting momof030404:

If you believe most of what the mainstream media is feeding you about the Romney's you are exceedlingly foolish. They are editing and chopping and spinning as fast as their little fingers can to keep the current idiot in office. Case and point, Andrea Mitchel....PLEASE take JUST a minute and watchthe edited video thta makes him look like an idiot.....then the full version that doesn't. This was some FANCY chop work in the editing room......Think how much isn't caught....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/19/msnbc-romney-edit-andrea-mitchell_n_1609298.html

I watched both those and found exactly what I've been saying for quite awhile. A person cannot be judged by words taken out of context and people, (most anyway), know that, but people who want to believe things that fit their agenda will never listen to both sides. They are true sheeple and as long as what you say fits what they want to believe, you can tell them anything. This is where Obama is leading his minions actually I think they are more like Lemmings. Sooner or later they're gonna follow him right over a cliff. Nothing lasts forever. I really enjoyed the 2nd one, Romney was pretty funny and yes, changed the whole thought process.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN