Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And The Blame This Time Goes To...

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

...once again, the Republicans, the GOP and, (I think this may be a new one), being too naïve. (I think that the Republicans & the GOP may just sweep the awards in this administration.)

At the Univision forum yesterday, President Obama said his “biggest failure” as president was failing to pass immigration reform. Really? This is news to those of us who heard him say previously that his biggest mistake was focusing too much on policy and not enough on telling stories. (What did he mean by that anyway?)

But he doesn't even take responsibility for the lack of progress. (This is not news). The real culprits? Obstructionist Republicans and distracting economic problems. According to Obama, his only real error — if you could call it that — was being too “naive” about the whole situation:  “My biggest failure so far is we haven’t gotten comprehensive immigration reform done,” Obama said. “But it’s not because for lack of trying or desire, and I’m confident we are going to accomplish that.” (I wonder when that is supposed to happen? Sometime around the '12th of Never' I suspect.)

The president faced tough questions on why he hadn’t accomplished comprehensive immigration reform, an important issue for Hispanic voters. Jorge Ramos, one of the moderators for Univision, put it bluntly: “You promised that and a promise is a promise and with all due respect, you didn’t keep that promise.” (I guess no one ever told Obama, “Don't make promises you can't keep.” In fact I think there's a song by that title.)

Obama also said on Univision that he accepted responsibility, but that he faced an economy “on the verge of collapse” in his first year and blamed Republicans for abandoning support for comprehensive immigration reform. (Yeah, I saw a deflection of blame coming too, as well as this next one.)

“What I confess I did not expect, and so I’m happy to take responsibility for being naive here, is that Republicans who had previously supported comprehensive immigration reform, my opponent in 2008 who had been a champion of it and who attended these meetings, suddenly would walk away,” he said. “That’s what I did not anticipate.” (What I'd like to know is, how many of these meetings were there and how many did you attend?)

This is completely delusional. (This, sadly, is the world Obama lives in.) If Obama was so tied up with economic issues his first year in office, why did he spend the majority of that time focused on his health care reform bill? The idea that Republicans have been blocking his attempts at immigration reform is also absurd. When did Obama do anything during his first three years — outside of giving occasional speeches — that moved the ball forward on immigration, or showed that he had any serious interest in tackling it? When confronted by Hispanic leaders, Obama would blame Republicans and insist that he couldn’t just issue an executive order on immigration. Then, as soon as the GOP started moving forward on its own immigration reform plan, he suddenly flip-flopped and took executive action.

Republicans haven’t refused to work with Obama on immigration. There’s no indication Obama even tried to reach out to them on the issue. In fact, he’s done just the opposite. The White House made every effort to kill Marco Rubio’s DREAM Act proposal, and eventually succeeded, once Obama issued his immigration executive order — a temporary band aid that’s no substitute for real reform.

One of Obama's real problems, besides refusing to accept responsibility for anything negative, is that he believes he knows exactly what is best for our country and he doesn't need any input from anyone else. But you see, Mr. Obama, no one knows everything, not even you. This is why you have advisors in your administration that you should have chosen more wisely. Perhaps people with experience in the field of, oh I don't know, maybe the title they hold? Instead you gave people, with no experience, positions that they don't really know anything about and, on the rare occasion, do have experience, or perhaps learned the subject and about offered advice, are either dismissed or given the impression that you'll take their advice. Then you turn around and either do what you want to do or run to Valerie Jarrett, get her advice and act accordingly. This is someone who has about as much experience running a country as you do. She knows about what it takes to run a corrupt city     She has only had experience working in a city setting, a far cry from a whole country, don't you think? Which leads me to another question. She was placed in a position that she has absolutely no experience in, managed to run off at least one of your 'top' people, and has been absorbed into your family like she's blood...just what does she have over you, is it a type of blackmail or what? (Just curious)

The bottom line here is, it takes a bigger person to admit they made a mistake. People who can admit that are respected more than a person who puts the blame on others or flat out lies.  And quit whining for heaven's sake. It's very unbecoming to a grown man and reminds me of my bratty little brother. Execpt he's grown up now and acts like one. Maybe your wardrobe person/people or Michelle can purchase some big boy underwear for you to wear.

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
_Kissy_
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Open the borders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Instead of going through Congress like he is supposed to do, he just signs 900 executive orders.

By the way, Kissy, did you know that one of the Executive Orders states that federal funds cannot be used for abortions?

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

Open the borders.

Sure, as soon as you volunteer to take in a family from Mexico, be responsible for all their needs and promise that they will not be a burden on society for the next 7 years. Hey, a few years ago that is what a co-worker & her husband had to do in order for his brother to immigrate here from Russia. Sounds fair to me.

But once again, that is not the major sticking point here, at least for myself. What we have here is another refusial to accept any kind of critisim for anything that involves him, unless it's possitive of course. There is nothing wrong with saying, "Yes, I did make that promise and no I wasn't able to keep it yet." or "We haven't been able to iron out all the details that are acceptable to both sides, and I do apologize for that, but in the meantime..." But I believe we will see hell freeze over first.

TXOILRocks
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM
4 moms liked this

He's a liar who can't remember what he said from one day to the next. That's the problem with being a liar. 

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting TXOILRocks:

He's a liar who can't remember what he said from one day to the next. That's the problem with being a liar. 

You hit that nail right on the head. You would think that someone, Valerie maybe, would take notes on these things so he could remember what he already said before. Very simple really, you have the subject column, (i.e. Immigration); next column would list the reason promise not kept, (i.e. Republicans won't budge, had to fix the economy); 3rd column, new promise, (i.e. first on the agenda when I'm re-elected). This way he can keep the lies & worthless promises in order. Of course the first things to remember are: ALWAYS BLAME SOMEONE ELSE; REPUBLICANS, THE HOUSE, THE ECONOMY...and so on.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Thought this was interesting..at least univision called him on it.. Too many people "here" give him a pass.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM
4 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)