Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Democrats Offer Lunch With Gore and Pelosi As Prize for Donations

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hmmm, I wonder who thought this would raise money?
It's from NewsBusters
----------------------

Al Gore was nowhere to be seen at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte earlier this month, but an email message sent out Saturday indicates he's stepping into the fray.

The Huffington Post reported moments ago that a lunch with Gore and former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is being offered as a prize for new contributions to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

"Vice President Al Gore is joining me for lunch in New York ... Will you join us?" Pelosi wrote in the DCCC email obtained by the Post. "We’ll cover hotel and travel for you and a friend. You just have to figure out who you will bring!"

The email message linked to a DCCC contribution page that read:

Win a Free Trip to New York!

Donate today and you could win a free trip to New York for a luncheon with Nancy Pelosi and Al Gore!

(Don't worry, airfare and hotel are on us!)

Lunch with Al and Nancy. Sounds like a hoot, doesn't it?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/09/22/democrats-offer-lunch-gore-and-pelosi-prize-donations#ixzz27KiLQkrU
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Shoot, didn't this scheme FAIL when tickets were offered to see obama and the tickets had obama on them? Heck, the tickets couldn't even be given away.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

BUMP!

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

obama's campaign could lose millions paying people to have lunch with those two.

chipperer1ca
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe booby prize...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Hmmm, they will pay for air travel and hotel in NYC for 2? They will lose money on that unless there's a minimum contribution of a few thousand dollars.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL way to turn away funding.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Carpy:

LOL way to turn away funding.

Hmmm, maybe. You would think they would realize those 2 aren't the most popular people in the dem party. Two of the craziest maybe.

When I see things like this I wonder if the people in charge are stupid, or if they are trying to sabotage Obama's campaign from within. Maybe some of the dems are realizing he's a bit of a liability for the party but popular enough that they can't ask him to step aside for the good of the country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)