Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I Am so sick if the well he is rich crap

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:39 AM
  • 199 Replies
1 mom liked this
Can someone please tell me a president or a presidential candidate that wasn't rich? Whether it be from family money or their OWN hard earned money
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:45 AM
No one ? I know this group has members currently active
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't care if he's rich, its how he became rich, through opportunities that he wants to stifle for other people.
Its the land of opportunity, not I got mine to hell with the rest of you. There's a lot of people who is not capable of a lot. So he just calls them moochers to his uppity donors and moves on

People before.profit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:43 AM
6 moms liked this
So u can't answer the question I asked all u want to do is bash Romney. Not surprising isn't that all u do

Quoting _Kissy_:

I don't care if he's rich, its how he became rich, through opportunities that he wants to stifle for other people.

Its the land of opportunity, not I got mine to hell with the rest of you. There's a lot of people who is not capable of a lot. So he just calls them moochers to his uppity donors and moves on

People before.profit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:47 AM
2 moms liked this

You're going to have a difficult time getting a lot of activity at 5:45 Eastern.

Just sayin'.

And no, pretty much every politician at the federal level comes from wealth. If not outright wealth, then a solid upper middle class. I know plenty of people who live in beautiful homes in very nice towns and send their kids to great colleges. Their kids and grandkids are set financially. I'd consider that wealthy.

And then there are the people who live in compounds. We have both where I live. And the latter? Not really active in the PTO or the local zoning board (unless they're causing a rukus about the new "addition" they're putting on one of their outbuildings). They don't live in neighborhoods. Their houses can't be seen and are surrounded by electrified fencing. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful fencing. 

I have no issue with wealth. Their property taxes (which they seem to pay happily to live here) have given my kids a great school system.

There's wealthy and uber-wealthy. Big difference.

Quoting Fields456:

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank u for a nice honest answer. And I only posted that in replies because at the time I listed this there was activity among the group not much but it was there

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

You're going to have a difficult time getting a lot of activity at 5:45 Eastern.

Just sayin'.

And no, pretty much every politician at the federal level comes from wealth. If not outright wealth, then a solid upper middle class. I know plenty of people who live in beautiful homes in very nice towns and send their kids to great colleges. Their kids and grandkids are set financially. I'd consider that wealthy.

And then there are the people who live in compounds. We have both where I live. And the latter? Not really active in the PTO or the local zoning board (unless they're causing a rukus about the new "addition" they're putting on one of their outbuildings). They don't live in neighborhoods. Their houses can't be seen and are surrounded by electrified fencing. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful fencing. 

I have no issue with wealth. Their property taxes (which they seem to pay happily to live here) have given my kids a great school system.

There's wealthy and uber-wealthy. Big difference.

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't get the issue of his wealth either.  I've said for a long time that anyone able to be running for a high political office has far more money than the average American and can't relate with our everyday struggles. 

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:38 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree I don't get it either and I'm sick of hearing about it no matter what side or what office they are running for

Quoting 4kidz916:

I don't get the issue of his wealth either.  I've said for a long time that anyone able to be running for a high political office has far more money than the average American and can't relate with our everyday struggles. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM
10 moms liked this

I really wish you'd stop repeating that lie. Romney never called anyone a "moocher".

And another thing...stop with the class warfare already. He's "rich" because he made some wise investments and took some risks....but so are the investors who believed in him.

THIS IS THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY. Stop blaming people who are successful.

Look, I know you're bitter because the Obama administration hedges bets on failures like solar companies that go belly up, but so are we...it's OUR tax dollars he's pissing away! Grr.

Quoting _Kissy_:

People before.profit.

_Kissy_
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:53 AM
3 moms liked this
I am so sick of the 'its the poors fault' crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM
6 moms liked this

Clinton, Truman, Eisenhower, Jackson, Hoover, Lincoln, Grant, Arthur, Nixon,  lets just say, quite a few.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)