Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama Apology Tour a 'Horrible Idea'

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM
  • 3 Replies

Via Fox News:

A leading House Republican criticized the Obama administration Sunday for running ads in Pakistan denouncing the anti-Islamic film that allegedly sparked violent and deadly protests across the Middle East and North Africa, calling the roughly $70,000 project a “horrible idea.”

“I think it was a horrible idea,” said Michigan Rep. Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. “It gave credibility and it gave a permission slip to Al Qaeda, to Pakistani officials.”

The ad features President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton denouncing the 14-minute Internet film trailer “The Innocence of Muslims,” purportedly by South California filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula.

The State Department reportedly paid seven Pakistani stations to run the ad.

“I don’t know who gave them the advice,” Rogers said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “It was horrible advice. It has exacerbated the situation.”

The administration has said the attacks that began Sept. 11 and spread to more than 20 countries were in response to the film and not directed at the U.S. government.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
imamomzilla
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I say hand the Creator of the film over to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:08 AM

If obama truly wants to apologize, he should apologize to the U.S. people for not standing up to the right of free speech and for purposely allowing people to be killed and then lying about it.

To truly apologize, he could get out of office--the quicker, the better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)