Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Republican and I'll Be Keeping My Birth Control, THANK YOU

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:19 AM
  • 37 Replies
2 moms liked this

We all know Romney won't mess with birth control   !!!!!!

Is this a real concern for you?

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM
6 moms liked this

Not a concern. I take personal responsibility for my own lady bits.

broncfan
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:31 AM
6 moms liked this

This whole war on women, taking away our birth control, crap is insulting.  Birth control is available now, it is a matter of people using it not getting it.  SELF RESPONSIBILITY people, if somebody can figure out of way to legislate this, we will all be better off.

k_hall1784
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, even if it does happen, we as women know how to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Don't have sex at all or use NFP and know when you're most fertile. Pain in the ass, but it helps prevent unwanted pregnancies. BC is only 99% effective anyway. 

hoping for a homebirthPhotobucket

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imamomzilla
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Yup.

Quoting broncfan:

This whole war on women, taking away our birth control, crap is insulting.  Birth control is available now, it is a matter of people using it not getting it.  SELF RESPONSIBILITY people, if somebody can figure out of way to legislate this, we will all be better off.

Don't let them buy your vote with a condom. You deserve better!

Liz132
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM
4 moms liked this

Not concerned about birth control, I can take care of pregnancy prevention myself. I really don't need the POTUS to manage my sex life. Let's talk about some real issues...

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM
5 moms liked this

This whole birth control thing is absurd.

I don't recall anyone threatening to take away birth control. I recall an issue about insurance coverage. It seems that this "the left is accusing the right of threatening to take away birth control" is nonsense. The only people who have made that argument is the right. 

Invasive ultrasound procedures, restrictions on access to abortion, "legitimate rape"...those are the things that the left find offensive and when every week for months there's a new proposal or gaffe, it can't help but be perceived by some on the left as a "war" on women.

How birth control was covered or not covered was an insurance issue. The personal attacks on Sandra Fluke by people in the media was a social issue. But, as usual it's been watered down to "Dem lefties want us ta pay fer 'em to f*ck!"

PamR
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this

Who said that Romney would try to take away your birth control?  The issue with contraception is making sure it is covered by insurance.  So that's it's affordable.

Lurion
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:16 AM
4 moms liked this

The birth control police live next door to the imaginary people who won't let you say "Merry Christmas" and the completely made-up women who constantly belittle SAHM. 

Proposed vaginal probe legislation was, unforunately, real.

Ryan's co-sponsored legislation that would define conception as the moment of personhood, could legally be interpreted to outlaw several common kinds of birth control (including the pill) that work after the moment of conception. That was real and versions of that bill are still being considered in many states. 

Am I worried they'll take away birth control? No--because most people have the common sense to descern the real from the imaginary, overlook the manufactured outrage and turn off Fox News. 

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Lurion:

The birth control police live next door to the imaginary people who won't let you say "Merry Christmas" and the completely made-up women who constantly belittle SAHM. 

Proposed vaginal probe legislation was, unforunately, real.

Ryan's co-sponsored legislation that would define conception as the moment of personhood, could legally be interpreted to outlaw several common kinds of birth control (including the pill) that work after the moment of conception. That was real and versions of that bill are still being considered in many states. 

Am I worried they'll take away birth control? No--because most people have the common sense to descern the real from the imaginary, overlook the manufactured outrage and turn off Fox News. 

Many people, unfortunately, will be swayed by "manufactured outrage" to do unfortunate things that will affect us all for generations. "Manufactured rage"  has to be addressed.

broncfan
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

This whole birth control thing is absurd.

I don't recall anyone threatening to take away birth control. I recall an issue about insurance coverage. It seems that this "the left is accusing the right of threatening to take away birth control" is nonsense. The only people who have made that argument is the right. 

Invasive ultrasound procedures, restrictions on access to abortion, "legitimate rape"...those are the things that the left find offensive and when every week for months there's a new proposal or gaffe, it can't help but be perceived by some on the left as a "war" on women.

How birth control was covered or not covered was an insurance issue. The personal attacks on Sandra Fluke by people in the media was a social issue. But, as usual it's been watered down to "Dem lefties want us ta pay fer 'em to f*ck!"

I have seen many "on the left" right here on this board say that the right wants to take away BC. The legitimate rape thing was so stupid by one man, not an entire party. But the invasive ultrasound is something I agree with. As a medical professional, I am going to use EVERY test available to me to be sure of what is going on BEFORE I suggest or agree to any procedure.  People miscalculate dates of LMP or they lie, an ectopic pregnancy will give you a positive reading on a pregnancy test.  Abortions are not a simple little thing, they can kill the mother if everything is not done right and knowing for sure how far along makes a difference in how they are done. Good medical procedure should not be overlooked because someone feels uncomfortable, if you are so damn offended by something being placed in your hoo-hoo, you sure are not going to like what they do to you during an abortion.

As far as Fluke......oh I will just leave that alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)