Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Should they expire?  Make your case here...

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:07 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Carpy:

We were prosperous under Clinton for a number of reasons. None if which include high taxes.

A Republican Congress and Bill Clinton was willing to cross Party lines and work with Republicans. Obama snubbed his nose @ Republicans when the Dems contolled both Houses & the WH~

Quoting dilateyourmind:

I always laugh because the same people complaing about the deficit, don't want to pay  taxes in the first place. So which is it folks? Rolls eyes. I just LOVE those that speculate that Obama will  let them expire this time. Despite the fact that Romney himself said Obama HAS NOT RAISED TAXES.

We were prosperous under Clinton, until Bush allowed tax cuts for the rich.  http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/tax-reform/news/2009/12/22/7092/let-the-bush-tax-cuts-on-the-wealthy-expire/

BUT..I get why people in that tax bracket wouldn't want it. I call them the legit Republicans. Not the lower middle class, that vote repub for pro-life and other fantasy platforms. They do it cause they THINK it makes them a better person internally.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

bow downWell said, blonde. smile mini

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mommom2000:

Yes, like Obama wants to do it, for anyone making over 200,000.  This didn't create jobs, the only thing these tax cuts did were create a huge deficit.  If conservatives were really worried about the deficit they would also want to see these tax cuts expire.  they were only meant to be temporary.

You raise taxes on the rich { $200,000 or more } as Obama wants to do, this will effect many small businesses. No incentive to hire and expand. More layoffs etc. Small businesses are the financial back bone of America. A ripple effect on the middle class. As Carpy mentioned, the outrageous spending of this admin is the cause of the deficit. Obama has no clue how to restore the economy!

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I make over $200,000. If my taxes go up, so will my prices. I imagine most businesses will do the same. I am not opposed to taxes going up. But, government spending has got to get under control.

Quoting mommom2000:

Yes, like Obama wants to do it, for anyone making over 200,000.  This didn't create jobs, the only thing these tax cuts did were create a huge deficit.  If conservatives were really worried about the deficit they would also want to see these tax cuts expire.  they were only meant to be temporary.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:24 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting dilateyourmind:

I always laugh because the same people complaing about the deficit, don't want to pay  taxes in the first place. So which is it folks? Rolls eyes. I just LOVE those that speculate that Obama will  let them expire this time. Despite the fact that Romney himself said Obama HAS NOT RAISED TAXES.

We were prosperous under Clinton, until Bush allowed tax cuts for the rich.  http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/tax-reform/news/2009/12/22/7092/let-the-bush-tax-cuts-on-the-wealthy-expire/

BUT..I get why people in that tax bracket wouldn't want it. I call them the legit Republicans. Not the lower middle class, that vote repub for pro-life and other fantasy platforms. They do it cause they THINK it makes them a better person internally.

Excuse me....many of us respect the sanctity of human life. We are a voice for the unborn child who depends solely upon us to defend them. Sad, you believe these babies are exposable and the prolife platform is a fantasy. Abortion is very real and kills an unborn child! I am upper middle class and I vote prolife every election season. I don't think anything, I do have inner peace because I vote prolife!

denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

honestly until they reform the tax codes, close loop holes and actually punish companies that make zillions of dollars here but make their products overseas, I do not see anyone fixing anything anytime soon.  It is like Apple, everyone wants one of those stupid phones that come out every 6 months, they pay hundreds of dollars for them, make that company money hand over fist, but those things are only helping China expand their middle class on the money of Americans who by the way are losing this fight to keep jobs here. The tax cuts did not work, they cut money coming in but did not cut any spending, infact 2 wars, prescription drug plan, massive job exporting, all contributed to our deficit and it has not gotten better.  They want to cut programs, but who does it really effect, the same people they are trying to convince they are not trying to help, the poor and working poor.  None of them care about those people if they did they would be working together instead of fighting to keep the rich rich and poor poor.

mommom2000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mommom2000:

You raise taxes on the rich { $200,000 or more } as Obama wants to do, this will effect many small businesses. No incentive to hire and expand. More layoffs etc. Small businesses are the financial back bone of America. A ripple effect on the middle class. As Carpy mentioned, the outrageous spending of this admin is the cause of the deficit. Obama has no clue how to restore the economy!

The numbers have been stated many times letting the tax expire fot those making over 200,000 will only effect 3% of small businesses. Among that 3% you have sport stars,movie stars,hedge fund managers, you know the types who aren't job creators. Saying that it will hurt small business is just another way to make sure the people are against it,but it's simply not true.

mommom2000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

You must be in the top 3% of small business. You do know you won't be taxed any higher on your first 200,000.  Let me ask you this if your prices are driven by the taxes that you pay, did you lower your prices when Obama gave you 18 different tax breaks, I think not. 

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

I make over $200,000. If my taxes go up, so will my prices. I imagine most businesses will do the same. I am not opposed to taxes going up. But, government spending has got to get under control.

Quoting mommom2000:

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mommom2000:

The numbers have been stated many times letting the tax expire fot those making over 200,000 will only effect 3% of small businesses. Among that 3% you have sport stars,movie stars,hedge fund managers, you know the types who aren't job creators. Saying that it will hurt small business is just another way to make sure the people are against it,but it's simply not true.

You are incorrect....

Ernst and Young: Obama's Tax Increase Would Kill 710,000 Jobs

A new study conducted by Ernst and Young proves conclusively that the President's tax increase would be devastating to the economy and jobs.

The study finds that, if Congress misguidedly adopted President Obama's plan to raise taxes on job creators by allowing the Bush-era tax policies to expire for incomes over $200,000 ($250,000 for married filers), the economy and jobs would suffer terribly:

• Output in the long run would fall by 1.3 percent, or $200 billion, in today's economy;
  • Employment in the long run would fall by 0.5 percent or, roughly 710,000 fewer jobs, in today's economy;
  • Capital stock and investment in the long run would fall by 1.4 percent and 2.4 percent, respectively; and
  • Real after-tax wages would fall by 1.8 percent.

There are almost 13 million Americans out of work today. President Obama's tax increase would needlessly add almost three-quarters of a million people to that already much too large number. Even those with jobs wouldn't escape the pain of President Obama's tax increase, as they would see their wages suffer.

The report validates Heritage's argument that President Obama's tax increase plan would badly hurt job creation because it would fall heaviest on the most successful businesses that employ workers and pay their taxes through the individual income tax (known as flow-through businesses). The study reports:

The concern over higher individual tax rates has also been a focus because of the prominent role played by flow-through businesses-S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and sole proprietorships-in the US economy and that a large fraction of flow-through income is subject to the top two individual income tax rates. These businesses employ 54% of the private sector work force and pay 44% of federal business income taxes. The number of workers employed by large flow-through businesses is also significant: more than 20 million workers are employed by flow-through businesses with more than 100 employees. (Emphasis added.)

President Obama is fond of saying his tax increase wouldn't impact 97 percent of small businesses. But those 97 percent of small businesses aren't job creators. They range from people in their basements selling items on e-Bay to lawyers who practice out of their homes.

The businesses that would pay this tax increase are the businesses that hire millions of workers. Higher taxes on these vital job creators could force them to cut back on their existing workforce and would certainly cause them to slow hiring of new workers.

President Obama couches his argument for tax hikes on the rich in terms of fairness. But it would be anything but fair that millions of unemployed Americans desperate to go back to work would find it harder to land a job to provide for their families because of President Obama's misguided class warfare.

There can be no doubt any more that President Obama's Taxmageddon tax increase would devastate jobs. The Ernst and Young study should be the final nail in the coffin for his plan in Congress. It is time for Congress to do what's right and stop all of Taxmageddon today.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/07/18/ernst-and-young-obamas-tax-increase-would-kill-710000-jobs/

1000,s more added to the unemployment lines.....

Reminder: Obama to Lay Off 80,000 US Soldiers

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/01/10/reminder_obama_to_lay_off_80000_us_soldiers

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

I did say that I was not opposed to the taxes going up. But, gosh, I didn't realize you were looking at my books and know my prices. Or maybe you are just vomiting up what the DNC handlers told you because you clearly haven't a clue.

Quoting mommom2000:

You must be in the top 3% of small business. You do know you won't be taxed any higher on your first 200,000.  Let me ask you this if your prices are driven by the taxes that you pay, did you lower your prices when Obama gave you 18 different tax breaks, I think not. 

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting mommom2000:

chazmom01
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM

yes it should it put us in the mess we are in today . Bush got us into war we had no way of paying. We need the taxes back to get us out of this mess to pay for shit that bush did with out worry about how he was going to pay for it .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)