Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (751-760):
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a surprise to you that websites like Cafe Mom have paid sponsors and advertisers?

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Subject:

Re:CafeMom feedback - 09/15/2012 15:39:09

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

CafeMom has a variety of sponsors. At this time, Obama for America is a sponsor of several groups.

We welcome other candidates and companies to advertise on CafeMom as well!

Thank you for being a member of CafeMom!

The CafeMom Admin Team
Quoting NWP:

Could you post it? I would really like to see it. I am very curious about this.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No....I only have the email that they sent me when I complained about it. 

Quoting NWP:

Do you have the official link where this is listed on CM? I would like to see it.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

They are even posting ads in here and conducting polls....according to CM.

Quoting NWP:

Wow...Can you send me the link to where this is listed on CM?

Quoting nomadbrat83:

It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact.  Several of the new groups on here are sponsored by Obama for America (and even CM admits this) and they have paid moderators to post Articles and Posts in support of Obama or digs at the opposition. 

ETA: I want to preface that I was not insinuating that mem is a moderator but that there are in fact ones on CM

Quoting NWP:

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Okay.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I disagree.  Obama is a good debater when he is on.  Tonight he was not on. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

LOL!

Obama has never been the best debater. He's well spoken and coherent. However, he's never really liked debates from what I can tell.

Of course Romney was excited. It was his first major debate on the campaign trail.

Romney smirks when he's being an asshat.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Romney always look like he is uncomfortable debating.  But Obama knows better with all of his experience that he has had.....which makes one wonder about his arrogance.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle!

Did you miss Romney smirking like 95% of the time?

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Well, nice to see that Obama brought his "smirk" along for the debate.  He looked like the debate was beneath him.....he had no "pop."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Lol.  Come on.  O has a reputation for his arrogance.  It is well documented.  Romney just looks like he is uptight on stage. 

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Obama's arrogance!???? Hahaha Romney is so arrogant, he thinks he's above everyone!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Romney always look like he is uncomfortable debating.  But Obama knows better with all of his experience that he has had.....which makes one wonder about his arrogance.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Well, nice to see that Obama brought his "smirk" along for the debate.  He looked like the debate was beneath him.....he had no "pop."

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Exactly! lol

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting AdellesMom:

I love how you make statements that people can easily disprove.

Quoting gsprofval:

And what "exact plans" did obama present---oh wait Nothing--just like the last 4 years.

Quoting Sisteract:

Yet provided no mathematically viable plans-

Quoting gsprofval:

Ya got that wrong--Romney was prepared and went after like obama like he should have. obama wasn't prepared to face his dismal 4 years of failures.

Quoting iluvmybabe:

so basically the reporters are saying that Romney memorized his script just the kind of guy i want running the country. rrriiiiiggghhhhttt.

LOL, people just say he has no plan because that's what their soundbites say.  You can go to the library of congress website and see every plan proposal for Obama and everyone else.  Not to mention you can watch the actual meetings and voting on C-span live.  Too many people get second hand info and not check for themselves.  They are so adamant that Obama has no plans they refuse to look for them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It was not his best game. The poor moderation didn't help either. Romney did come off as rude with all his interruptions, but those who support him will like it.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I disagree.  Obama is a good debater when he is on.  Tonight he was not on. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

LOL!

Obama has never been the best debater. He's well spoken and coherent. However, he's never really liked debates from what I can tell.

Of course Romney was excited. It was his first major debate on the campaign trail.

Romney smirks when he's being an asshat.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

New World Peace

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
4 moms liked this
Obama lost this debate. Little eye contact. Stuttering, fumbling, and repeating himself over and over. He showed he despartely needs a teleprompter.
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
The only people that scream and bitch about Obama's alleged arrogance are meme era of the anti-Obama camp.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Lol.  Come on.  O has a reputation for his arrogance.  It is well documented.  Romney just looks like he is uptight on stage. 

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Obama's arrogance!???? Hahaha Romney is so arrogant, he thinks he's above everyone!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
No, I post two hundred twenty posts per group per month. So, I do at least two hundred twenty in smarter living, and two hundred twenty in iowa moms. Most months, I get four hundred or more. I don't like not knowing I am getting enough for my numbers. I like to have more. Just in case I don't get enough on one week.
I am a mod for the group itself, which is run by the admins of cafemom. I get paid in gift cards, but some of us choose paypal.
But I don't get paid four times as much if I post four times as much. I just have to post at least two twenty.

Quoting JonJon:

I still don't know if you're joking when you say you get 220!  LOL!

frustrated  Arrgh!

The answer is, "No, moderators don't get paid, not even in gift certificates."  Right?  You are a moderator as a service to the GOs.  Right?

slapping forehead

Quoting celestegood:

LMAO I'm a mod in two groups now (smarter living and iowa moms) and I can tell you that I am paid the same rate for my minimum posts (220, isn't it? A month) as I am for making a thousand posts a month in those groups.

I do not get paid more for posting more.

At any rate, she is wrong, as far as I know. Although, I guess anything is possible.

I guess that maybe its a joke among moderators. I must not be in on it lol

Quoting JonJon:

I'd be interested in seeing a list of the groups and CM's statement that confirms momof8's allegation.

I'll say this while I'm waiting; if there are Pro-Obama groups doing that then there are Pro-Romney groups doing that so there's nothing unethical nor unequivocal.

I hear that CM pays its group moderators for big posts but is that true or just some sort of private joke among the moderators? 

Whoever has the definitive and verifiable answers to all these questions gets a plate of cookies.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Seriously? I didn't know that. I'm unimpressed to say the least to learn this.

Is this really true?

Quoting nomadbrat83:

It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact.  Several of the new groups on here are sponsored by Obama for America (and even CM admits this) and they have paid moderators to post Articles and Posts in support of Obama or digs at the opposition. 

ETA: I want to preface that I was not insinuating that mem is a moderator but that there are in fact ones on CM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chbamb2001

Personally, I was undecided. I don't have TV/cable. I use the internet/Hulu/Netflix. I try to stay away from "extremist" papers/websites/etc from BOTH sides. I have my own personal feelings about how I feel this country is doing and they are not good. I could care less about skin color. It is irrelevant and a non-issue.

All that being said, I found the debate to be an eye opener. It was an actual debate. I lost sound a couple of times while streaming so I am not 100% sure about everything that was said, but what I heard was awesome. I can honestly say that I am no longer undecided, which, if I am not mistaken, is the main purpose of these debates---to highlight each candidates' platform. More importantly, to me anyway, is whether or not a candidate is a "push over" or "good guy." I want someone with balls/backbone that is not afraid to stand up for what they believe and have the strength of their convictions. I saw that tonight. For the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful again!

As to who I am for, I am keeping that private. My voice will be heard November 6, 2012. Everyone needs to vote!  Good luck and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Lisa1273
Happy Holidays!
Yesterday at 8:40 PM
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
3 moms liked this
Did anyone catch Obama saying that "everyone gets their fair share". He then corrected himself to say "our fair share". If you taped it check it out & you will see. Sounds like redistribution to me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN