Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (1051-1058):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry... I hope she's feeling better today. frown mini

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, I didn't. My baby girl is sick. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Who knows? lol
Quoting Jambo4:
Did you read the latest scuttlebutt about Romney may have had notes?  I don't believe it, but it made me think of our exchange.
Quoting AdellesMom:
Yes. They're modern day note cards. I don't understand why that's so hard for some to understand. 

You're right. They can be programmed at a moment's notice. However, that's not likely to happen.

Quoting Jambo4:
Teleprompters are fine in a debate?  wow...

teleprompters can be programed at a moments notice... to me that would strike me as cheating to get words fed to a candidate.

Quoting AdellesMom:
My comment is relevant. The use of TelePrompTers is fine in a debate and outside of a debate. Like I said, they're modern day note cards.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters in the debate.. keep relevant with your comment.

Quoting AdellesMom:
Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:
Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)
Quoting AdellesMom:
Only in your skewed and biased opinion.
Quoting jcrew6: Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
She is and thank you!

Quoting Jambo4:

I'm sorry... I hope she's feeling better today. frown mini

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, I didn't. My baby girl is sick. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Who knows? lol

Quoting Jambo4:
Did you read the latest scuttlebutt about Romney may have had notes?  I don't believe it, but it made me think of our exchange.
Quoting AdellesMom:
Yes. They're modern day note cards. I don't understand why that's so hard for some to understand. 

You're right. They can be programmed at a moment's notice. However, that's not likely to happen.

Quoting Jambo4:
Teleprompters are fine in a debate?  wow...

teleprompters can be programed at a moments notice... to me that would strike me as cheating to get words fed to a candidate.

Quoting AdellesMom:
My comment is relevant. The use of TelePrompTers is fine in a debate and outside of a debate. Like I said, they're modern day note cards.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters in the debate.. keep relevant with your comment.

Quoting AdellesMom:
Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:
Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)
Quoting AdellesMom:
Only in your skewed and biased opinion.
Quoting jcrew6: Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElijahsMami222
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I think there is no telling between, onw or the other they both lied, they both have not anough to offer our country, us as americans need to be more picky on who to choose, gas prices are going up, food is getting more expensive, and theres more crimes, more violence than ever before i dont think i can vote for either, but if i have to it deffinetly wouldnt be romney, i wouldnt be able to support a man that is trying to take away my rights as a woman 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Quoting ElijahsMami222:i wouldnt be able to support a man that is trying to take away my rights as a woman 

what rights are those that he's planning on taking away?  The ability to kill the unborn at will?  Well, he's said that needs to be a state decision not a federal one... that's called following the Constitution.  What rights are you talking about?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Quoting ElijahsMami222:

I think there is no telling between, onw or the other they both lied, they both have not anough to offer our country, us as americans need to be more picky on who to choose, gas prices are going up, food is getting more expensive, and theres more crimes, more violence than ever before i dont think i can vote for either, but if i have to it deffinetly wouldnt be romney, i wouldnt be able to support a man that is trying to take away my rights as a woman 

How do you feel about your rights as a citizen?

ElijahsMami222
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM

yes im talking about abortions, that is a womans right, if i got raped and pregnant i sure in the hell wouldnt keep it, id choose to get abortion, its called freedom of will, we as woman have a choice on our decisions, and how we want to deal with decisions, not everyone will agree with this, and im not complaining or downing anyone that doesnt, but im pro-choice and feel i will not be voting for a lier, ontop of a man that cant provide choices for woman, no way in hell you will see that happening, but i am not bashing and feel everyone should respect me the same

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting ElijahsMami222:i wouldnt be able to support a man that is trying to take away my rights as a woman 

what rights are those that he's planning on taking away?  The ability to kill the unborn at will?  Well, he's said that needs to be a state decision not a federal one... that's called following the Constitution.  What rights are you talking about?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM

You are completely wrong.  Is that bashing?

Quoting ElijahsMami222:

yes im talking about abortions, that is a womans right, if i got raped and pregnant i sure in the hell wouldnt keep it, id choose to get abortion, its called freedom of will, we as woman have a choice on our decisions, and how we want to deal with decisions, not everyone will agree with this, and im not complaining or downing anyone that doesnt, but im pro-choice and feel i will not be voting for a lier, ontop of a man that cant provide choices for woman, no way in hell you will see that happening, but i am not bashing and feel everyone should respect me the same

Quoting Jambo4:

extentions
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

confusedim sorryObama sounded confused,, till i felt sorry for him, he seemed not too prepared , and he looked tired too, nevertheless, trying to build up a broken Economy isnt easy ,, it need decadesGoodluck Obama.!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)