Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (1001-1010):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't hit a home run with every comment. wink mini (although you'll never find a post where I call Obama a rude name)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle.

It was just an observation that others and I made about Romney. You and your peers insulted Obama.

Quoting Jambo4:

When the comment consists of no substance and just insults the candidate as an asshat... yeah.. that is poor debate skills.  (I can't remember your original comment containing the insult so keep that in mind.. but there have been a couple with the same insult and nothing more)  Those are what I am referring to.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, it doesn't.

A person that's able to communicate effectively can communicate with people in all walk of life.

Quoting Jambo4:

it shows poor debate skills...

Quoting SweetLuci:

Learning to speak street slang is broadening a person's horizons? sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting AdellesMom:

No. It's a word. It's a slang term.

You obviously need to broaden your horizons.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Tried to look up asshat in the dictionary? Not in my dictionary.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Teleprompters in the debate.. keep relevant with your comment.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Only in your skewed and biased opinion.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Uh.. no it wasn't.

I was listening to the after debate show still playing on the link posted to this and they were the ones saying what whoppers Obama was telling. (they used the word "whopper".. not me)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Well, Fox was the only source "calling out" Obama on non existent lies last night. She never responded back to say which channel she was watching either. As a matter of fact, I remember her saying that she doesn't pay attention to the "liberal media."

Quoting Jambo4:

Don't you love it?  If Obama is caught in the wrong... immediately FOX news is mentioned... 

Quoting gsprofval:

Nope not Fox.  Are you just mad because obama got caught in his lies and Romney made him look like the lier he really is?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Fox?

LOL!

I don't trust anything from that crapola and mess of a "news" station.

Quoting gsprofval:

The commentators I watched just showed how many times obama lied and Romney caught him in the lies.

Quoting AdellesMom:

If Romney had facts, why are the fact checkers saying that Romney lied more than once tonight?

Quoting babynurse454:

OMG I was thinking the same thing! Clearly Romney took this debate hands down with answers that americans wanted to know, Romney was not wish washy, Romney had the facts from both sides!!!

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting incognito116:

Even MSNBC is saying Romney won! Hell has officially frozen over lmao

sidesplittinglaughter

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM

finally caught up with all the comments I missed... big smile mini

celestegood
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM
That makes sense:)

Quoting Jambo4:

Clubmom was the forerunner for CM... they only had about 250 groups and of those I moderated 2.  (it would have been the equivalent of group owner here since there was only one moderator) When they moved groups over to here they "hired" us all to start groups and to do what we could to get it up and running and then it was done after a year.  We knew it was only temporary here, but since then I've complained about CM way too much to ever get considered again.  I just hate their uneven enforcement of rules so I constantly point that out. =)

Quoting celestegood:

So, you were a mod before?  I assume most if not all cafemom owned groups have mods.  I could be wrong, though.

Quoting Jambo4:

Nah.. they'd never pick me because I complain too much to them...lol..  Although I did used to "work" as a moderator for them before they moved to this site.

Quoting celestegood:

You can pm cafemom admins if you want on a list to be an admin! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Oh, adults still have plenty to learn, including myself. However, as an adult we should be capable of retaining that information with out it being shoved down our throats by repeating it over and over. That's not teaching, its brain-washing.

Quoting JonJon:

Adults who believe they have nothing more to learn because they are no longer kids are idiots.

Quoting brandydesiree:

Or the people who have to be told over and over are idiots. Adults shouldn't be treated like children.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting brandydesiree:

Obama is annoying the hell out of me. Repeating the same thing over and over and over....and over...see how annoying that is?

That's how you teach people; repetition.  People who doen't want to listen stay ignorant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Ha!  Nope, I can tell you first hand that she does not.  Maybe outside of politics.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

You always conduct yourself in a civil manner Jambo. 

Quoting Jambo4:

I can't hit a home run with every comment. wink mini (although you'll never find a post where I call Obama a rude name)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle.

It was just an observation that others and I made about Romney. You and your peers insulted Obama.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

As are you....

Quoting Jambo4:

you are true to form.... 

Quoting mom_to_travis:

YOU are going to lecture us on good debate skills?????

LMAO!

sidesplittinglaughterrolling on floorlaughinggoing crazyeye rolling

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Learning to speak street slang is broadening a person's horizons? sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Sorry.. to say that your boy still looks bad in the morning light... 

tsk tsk

Sorry.. to say that "your boy" is still as unappealing this morning....

bad

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
My comment is relevant. The use of TelePrompTers is fine in a debate and outside of a debate. Like I said, they're modern day note cards.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters in the debate.. keep relevant with your comment.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Only in your skewed and biased opinion.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I have seen one. But, okay.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle.

Quoting Jambo4:

When the comment consists of no substance and just insults the candidate as an asshat... yeah.. that is poor debate skills.  (I can't remember your original comment containing the insult so keep that in mind.. but there have been a couple with the same insult and nothing more)  Those are what I am referring to.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, it doesn't.

A person that's able to communicate effectively can communicate with people in all walk of life.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)