Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (1011-1020):
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Well, I was watching TV. I was flipping through the channels and I wasn't watching it over the internet.

Quoting Jambo4:

Uh.. no it wasn't.

I was listening to the after debate show still playing on the link posted to this and they were the ones saying what whoppers Obama was telling. (they used the word "whopper".. not me)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Well, Fox was the only source "calling out" Obama on non existent lies last night. She never responded back to say which channel she was watching either. As a matter of fact, I remember her saying that she doesn't pay attention to the "liberal media."

Quoting Jambo4:

Don't you love it?  If Obama is caught in the wrong... immediately FOX news is mentioned... 

Quoting gsprofval:

Nope not Fox.  Are you just mad because obama got caught in his lies and Romney made him look like the lier he really is?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Fox?

LOL!

I don't trust anything from that crapola and mess of a "news" station.

Quoting gsprofval:

The commentators I watched just showed how many times obama lied and Romney caught him in the lies.

Quoting AdellesMom:

If Romney had facts, why are the fact checkers saying that Romney lied more than once tonight?

Quoting babynurse454:

OMG I was thinking the same thing! Clearly Romney took this debate hands down with answers that americans wanted to know, Romney was not wish washy, Romney had the facts from both sides!!!

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting incognito116:

Even MSNBC is saying Romney won! Hell has officially frozen over lmao

sidesplittinglaughter

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Just saw the debates.. Romney handled himself wonderfully..

ddancing

Wasn't that great?!?!  LOVE IT!

Was "absolutely" WONDERFUL!!!!

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

yep, if you like ASSHATS,  he's your man.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Just saw the debates.. Romney handled himself wonderfully..

ddancing

Awwee..didn't go so well for your guy did it?

typical response from her when she's taken a beating... don't try to expect more.  

Like Dennis Miller said...

Obama better hope a Kicked Ass is covered under Obamacare.

rolling on floor

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Teleprompters are fine in a debate?  wow...

teleprompters can be programed at a moments notice... to me that would strike me as cheating to get words fed to a candidate.

Quoting AdellesMom:

My comment is relevant. The use of TelePrompTers is fine in a debate and outside of a debate. Like I said, they're modern day note cards.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters in the debate.. keep relevant with your comment.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Only in your skewed and biased opinion.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I don't get tv... so we'll have to drop the point. =)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Well, I was watching TV. I was flipping through the channels and I wasn't watching it over the internet.

Quoting Jambo4:

Uh.. no it wasn't.

I was listening to the after debate show still playing on the link posted to this and they were the ones saying what whoppers Obama was telling. (they used the word "whopper".. not me)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Well, Fox was the only source "calling out" Obama on non existent lies last night. She never responded back to say which channel she was watching either. As a matter of fact, I remember her saying that she doesn't pay attention to the "liberal media."

Quoting Jambo4:

Don't you love it?  If Obama is caught in the wrong... immediately FOX news is mentioned... 

Quoting gsprofval:

Nope not Fox.  Are you just mad because obama got caught in his lies and Romney made him look like the lier he really is?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Fox?

LOL!

Quoting gsprofval:

The commentators I watched just showed how many times obama lied and Romney caught him in the lies.

Quoting AdellesMom:

If Romney had facts, why are the fact checkers saying that Romney lied more than once tonight?

Quoting babynurse454:

OMG I was thinking the same thing! Clearly Romney took this debate hands down with answers that americans wanted to know, Romney was not wish washy, Romney had the facts from both sides!!!

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting incognito116:

sidesplittinglaughter

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

The only way I know ladybird is politics... big smile mini Maybe you just don't like what I say and take it as a personal insult.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Ha!  Nope, I can tell you first hand that she does not.  Maybe outside of politics.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

You always conduct yourself in a civil manner Jambo. 

Quoting Jambo4:

I can't hit a home run with every comment. wink mini (although you'll never find a post where I call Obama a rude name)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle.

It was just an observation that others and I made about Romney. You and your peers insulted Obama.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM
That's fine.

My husband would die if we didn't have have TV. Lol

Quoting Jambo4:

I don't get tv... so we'll have to drop the point. =)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Jambo4:

Uh.. no it wasn't.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Fox?

LOL!

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting babynurse454:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting incognito116:

sidesplittinglaughter

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Yes. They're modern day note cards. I don't understand why that's so hard for some to understand.

You're right. They can be programmed at a moment's notice. However, that's not likely to happen.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters are fine in a debate?  wow...

teleprompters can be programed at a moments notice... to me that would strike me as cheating to get words fed to a candidate.

Quoting AdellesMom:

My comment is relevant. The use of TelePrompTers is fine in a debate and outside of a debate. Like I said, they're modern day note cards.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters in the debate.. keep relevant with your comment.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Only in your skewed and biased opinion.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dany2010
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jomami:

I watched as Bush took our beautifully balanced budget into the ground and built up the worst deficit this country has ever seen!

I watched as Bush brought us into war with a country for no reason, spent trillions of our dollars (basically threw the money in the toilet) and caused so many American soldiers to die.

I watched as Bush turned off so many countries with his arrogant, priviledged attitute (very similar to Romney) and cuased even our friends to look down on us.

America can't go in that direction again.  We can't afford it!

We need Obama to continue helping to pick up America after what happened to us while Bush was in office.

AMERICA NEEDS OBAMA!!

Quoting Billiejeens:

None of those things were caused by Bush or the Republicans who told to say that?

Quoting jomami:

George Bush and the republicans caused all of those problems!  Obama has been trying to clean up their mess! 

We need Obama to continue getting this country on the right track - back to a balanced budget, jobs for Americans, good relations with other countries... Romney won't be able to do these things - he'll only make them worse and lose the ground that Obama has made over the past 4 years.

AMERICA NEEDS OBAMA!!

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting mamabirdtx:

Just curious about what President Obama has done that would define his term as disastrous? And how should it have been done differently.

I don't know how in depth, I should go.

We have the highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression.

We have the lowest labor participation rate since the Great Depression.

The largest Tax increase in the nations history is set to occur on January 1st.

More people are in need of food stamps and other Government assistance than anytime in history.

Obama has cut 716 Billion out of Medicare to pay for the medical system he forced upon the country.

To accomplish this he has added 6 trillion in debt during his term.

He has spent billions in Taxpayer money on stimulus packages to foreign companies and companies that went bankrupt.

That is just the economic side, throw in the numerous scandals. foreign policy that his own State Department is at odds with,  and it seems pretty clear.

You respond with the same believe that  a lot of Americans' have that are not willing to go beyond the surface and dig deep into the issues to construct a reasonable conclusion, but opt for the easier route which is to go along with whatever the media said. (if its on the media it must be true?) mentality but without any offence i am correcting you because i believe it is important to have American voters make a truly educated decision and not make it  emotional or  choose whomever we believe is is most charming. Anyone can make words sound good, but do they have any substance behind them its the true question we have to ask ourselves, especially when it comes to Obama. with that said here I go.. why did we have a beautiful balanced budget like you said when Bush took over? was it because of Clinton and the Democrats? wrong it was because Clinton walked into office in the middle of our technology boom, which created a huge economy burst  for us and lets not forget that the Congress was dominated by Republicans at that time so all the credit Clinton used to take was actually the Republicans making all the decisions.  As for going to war for no reason: i am  sorry but if you don't think that its necessary to defend your country after it has been terrorized and threatened then you are losing sight of all of the innocent lives that were ruined and taken the day of 911 in the the place where we have fought for centuries to keep safe and great. Our soldiers are brave patriotic individuals that believe in what America stands for and believe in defending it even if it means giving their lives. Those brave soldiers died for us with a cause and a purpose so don't discredit them by making people feel pity for them and saying we went to war for no reason. if we had gone to World Wars to defend other countries why not for Our country? As for an arrogant president i have to say there has Never been a president more arrogant than Obama, the fact that he feels the need to come out on the Tonight show, radio shows...etc instead on being a serious leader makes me sick, he is cheapened what it means to be the President of the greatest country in the world. so who needs Obama? people who need to be sweet talked and have forgotten what our country stands for.

JonJon
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Repetition seems to be necessary.  His detractors insist on repetitively saying he has no plans and/or hasn't done anything despite how often he says he's done things and has plans.

Quoting brandydesiree:

Oh, adults still have plenty to learn, including myself. However, as an adult we should be capable of retaining that information with out it being shoved down our throats by repeating it over and over. That's not teaching, its brain-washing.

Quoting JonJon:

Adults who believe they have nothing more to learn because they are no longer kids are idiots.

Quoting brandydesiree:

Or the people who have to be told over and over are idiots. Adults shouldn't be treated like children.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting brandydesiree:

Obama is annoying the hell out of me. Repeating the same thing over and over and over....and over...see how annoying that is?

That's how you teach people; repetition.  People who doen't want to listen stay ignorant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)