Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (1021-1030):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this
paying for them? this is what is wrong with this country

Quoting _Kissy_:

How does he plan on paying for these taxcuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Can you say for certain that isn't going to happen?  How would we know?  Just use note cards if you can't think quick enough on your feet.. that's my solution.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Yes. They're modern day note cards. I don't understand why that's so hard for some to understand.

You're right. They can be programmed at a moment's notice. However, that's not likely to happen.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters are fine in a debate?  wow...

teleprompters can be programed at a moments notice... to me that would strike me as cheating to get words fed to a candidate.

Quoting AdellesMom:

My comment is relevant. The use of TelePrompTers is fine in a debate and outside of a debate. Like I said, they're modern day note cards.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters in the debate.. keep relevant with your comment.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Only in your skewed and biased opinion.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like much of what you say, no.  But I don't think I would take name-calling as a compliment.  Just own it already.

Quoting Jambo4:

The only way I know ladybird is politics... big smile mini Maybe you just don't like what I say and take it as a personal insult.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Ha!  Nope, I can tell you first hand that she does not.  Maybe outside of politics.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

You always conduct yourself in a civil manner Jambo. 

Quoting Jambo4:

I can't hit a home run with every comment. wink mini (although you'll never find a post where I call Obama a rude name)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle.

It was just an observation that others and I made about Romney. You and your peers insulted Obama.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

You exhibit an extreme amount of patience in my opinion.

Quoting Jambo4:

I can't hit a home run with every comment. wink mini (although you'll never find a post where I call Obama a rude name)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Pot meet kettle.

It was just an observation that others and I made about Romney. You and your peers insulted Obama.

Quoting Jambo4:

When the comment consists of no substance and just insults the candidate as an asshat... yeah.. that is poor debate skills.  (I can't remember your original comment containing the insult so keep that in mind.. but there have been a couple with the same insult and nothing more)  Those are what I am referring to.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, it doesn't.

A person that's able to communicate effectively can communicate with people in all walk of life.

Quoting Jambo4:

it shows poor debate skills...

Quoting SweetLuci:

Learning to speak street slang is broadening a person's horizons? sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting AdellesMom:

No. It's a word. It's a slang term.

You obviously need to broaden your horizons.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Tried to look up asshat in the dictionary? Not in my dictionary.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Yep, adorable. That's just what I look for in who I want to be the leader of the free world.

Quoting Ms.Poppins:

Obama is adorable. I just love him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Nope, I can't say it for certain. But, Obama is one of the greenest Presidents we've had! ;)

Quoting Jambo4:

Can you say for certain that isn't going to happen?  How would we know?  Just use note cards if you can't think quick enough on your feet.. that's my solution.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Yes. They're modern day note cards. I don't understand why that's so hard for some to understand.

You're right. They can be programmed at a moment's notice. However, that's not likely to happen.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters are fine in a debate?  wow...

teleprompters can be programed at a moments notice... to me that would strike me as cheating to get words fed to a candidate.

Quoting AdellesMom:

My comment is relevant. The use of TelePrompTers is fine in a debate and outside of a debate. Like I said, they're modern day note cards.

Quoting Jambo4:

Teleprompters in the debate.. keep relevant with your comment.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Only in your skewed and biased opinion.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey, now. There was bipartisan support on Obama's budget proposal. Every member of congress from both sides voted NO.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

"They tried"????  LMAO

Quoting incognito116:

They tried. Obama won't even work with his own party which is why he uses executive order for so many things (illegally in many cases)

Quoting ms-superwoman:

And Republicans worked with Obama when? Oh that's right.....

Quoting incognito116:

Bullshit!  The only thing he worked with Republicans on is.... wait... nothing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Carpy:

Yep, adorable. That's just what I look for in who I want to be the leader of the free world.

Quoting Ms.Poppins:

Obama is adorable. I just love him.

Miss Poppins?    Mary Poppins is here?

surprised

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Not all of us, but obviously some.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Obama said he'd cut the deficit, but doubled it! Love watching him back stroke, but the numbers don't lie!

Does he think we're all a bunch of dumb asses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody is against such regulations as you listed. Most have nothing to do with that either. When someone states what you did, it saddens me that you can even vote.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Pig blood in rivers

Oil spills

Natural gas in drinking water

Carcinogenics in the air.

Oh yea there's too much regulation.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

What do YOU think? Is there too much federal regulation on the economy, or not enough?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN