Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (1031-1040):
Tee-Jones
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Mitt Romney is a clown!!...A deceptive clown!! Mitt Romney is a fratboy racist, and so are his ugly sons!! And the people who support Romney are racist!! 

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Seek attention much?

Quoting Tee-Jones:

Mitt Romney is a clown!!...A deceptive clown!! Mitt Romney is a fratboy racist, and so are his ugly sons!! And the people who support Romney are racist!! 

Heatherlox
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO!!!! 

Quoting Carpy:

Yep, adorable. That's just what I look for in who I want to be the leader of the free world.

Quoting Ms.Poppins:

Obama is adorable. I just love him.

Heatherlox
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM

obama did the same thing in 08  they all do..... except i'm leaning toward believing Romney MAY actually do what he says since he does have a religious background and wants to do the right thing.  I know a few mormons and they are the most real people who stand by what they say.  (i am NOT mormon nor do i know who i'm voting for yet... im an "undecided" :D  

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Not true!  He has done plenty.  He has kept unemployment up. He has weakened us in the Internationally arena. He has hurt the middle class.  He and Reid has failed us by not giving us a budget for 3 1/2 years. He has helped lower our credit rating.  He and his administration helped get a U.S. Ambo killed.  And he has helped racism grow in this country.

Quoting gsprofval:

Wait, obama has had 4 years and done nothing so far. Talk about deflection.....now obama says we have plans....but nothing material to offer.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Romney is extremely skilled at deflection...he's all about 'what I'm gonna do' but not too great on the specifics...

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this

It is funny that you bring up the Mormon topic.  Recently, I have been paying more attention to some of my co-workers that are Mormon and noticed that from what I have seen their value system is strong.  They are hard workers and their kids are always well kept.  lol.  Just an observation from someone that does not know much about the their faith.

Quoting Heatherlox:

obama did the same thing in 08  they all do..... except i'm leaning toward believing Romney MAY actually do what he says since he does have a religious background and wants to do the right thing.  I know a few mormons and they are the most real people who stand by what they say.  (i am NOT mormon nor do i know who i'm voting for yet... im an "undecided" :D  

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Not true!  He has done plenty.  He has kept unemployment up. He has weakened us in the Internationally arena. He has hurt the middle class.  He and Reid has failed us by not giving us a budget for 3 1/2 years. He has helped lower our credit rating.  He and his administration helped get a U.S. Ambo killed.  And he has helped racism grow in this country.

Quoting gsprofval:

Wait, obama has had 4 years and done nothing so far. Talk about deflection.....now obama says we have plans....but nothing material to offer.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Romney is extremely skilled at deflection...he's all about 'what I'm gonna do' but not too great on the specifics...

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I agree with you on the Mormom issue. I only know a couple, but they definetly are the nerdy types that do what they believe that they are supposeed to do, and they are the nicest people.

I am curious about being undecided, what makes yu undecided?

Quoting Heatherlox:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

For clarifications.. "greenest" as in least experience? wink mini

Quoting AdellesMom:

Nope, I can't say it for certain. But, Obama is one of the greenest Presidents we've had! ;)

Quoting Jambo4:

Can you say for certain that isn't going to happen?  How would we know?  Just use note cards if you can't think quick enough on your feet.. that's my solution.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Yes. They're modern day note cards. I don't understand why that's so hard for some to understand.

You're right. They can be programmed at a moment's notice. However, that's not likely to happen.

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter absolutely!

Quoting Carpy:

Hey, now. There was bipartisan support on Obama's budget proposal. Every member of congress from both sides voted NO.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

"They tried"????  LMAO

Quoting incognito116:

They tried. Obama won't even work with his own party which is why he uses executive order for so many things (illegally in many cases)

Quoting ms-superwoman:

And Republicans worked with Obama when? Oh that's right.....

uoting incognito116:
Bullshit!  The only thing he worked with Republicans on is.... wait... nothing.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

... and she's so deep too!  

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Seek attention much?

Quoting Tee-Jones:
(shrunk down to save on trees but originally biggest size possible)

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh Goodness.

Virginia remains a nail-biter in the first post-debate survey of the key battleground state, with Mitt Romney edging slightly ahead.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Virginia Voters, taken last night, shows Romney earning 49% support to Obama's 48%. Three percent (3%) remain undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Popular in

Ohio poll: Romney leads 51-48 among those certain to vote

The first post-presidential debate poll in critical Ohio shows that Mitt Romney blunted President Obama's momentum with his winning performance and is now leading the president among Ohioans who say that they are "certain" to vote.

Overall, the race is deadlocked with Obama over Romney 50 percent to 49 percent, according to the poll taken Thursday night.

But among the stunning 92 percent of all voters in the state who say that they are certain to go to the polls on Election Day, Romney leads 51 percent to 48 percent. And among the 83 percent who have already made up their minds how they will vote, Romney is ahead 52 percent to 48 percent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN