Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (971-980):
steviechick
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Donna Bazell needs a reality check.  Obama 'won' last night?  Was she actually watching the debate?  Even her fellow Libs are completely dumbfounded as to Obama's lack lustre performance. 

Citygirlk
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
But before hiring the guy i would like to know some of his plans for the country in detail.

Quoting Heatherlox:

i like taht he's not planning on rushing it to make it his own plan.... i like what he said about bringing it to the table and having both sides in on it to come up with the best possible solution for both sides.  I think that is a great idea - my health insurance sucks and i want all minds thinking of what the fuck to do about it not just a few. and not to down obama i still really want him to stand up and kill it, but the health insurance is a huge issue for me at the time

Quoting Citygirlk:

Ok so romney had gis chance to explain what he would replace "obamacare" with and once again he didnt go into detail, actually refused to. And this is the man people was for president?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM
But dont you think he should of used this debate to give more detail at tge very least. I mean he says to vote for him but he wont give ANY details on why. To me that sounds fishy.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting Citygirlk:

The debate was not the forum to lay out every detail of every plan, however, Romney did provide quite a bit of detail.

The debate spoke for itself. Better yet, look around. The last 4 years have been pretty bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Nah.. they'd never pick me because I complain too much to them...lol..  Although I did used to "work" as a moderator for them before they moved to this site.

Quoting celestegood:

You can pm cafemom admins if you want on a list to be an admin! 
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

Romney proved he could chew gum and lie at the same time. Thats about it.

sidesplittinglaughter you are so funny!  And Obama proved that he can't formulate words and points unless the teleprompter is right there feeding them to him.  

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM

He has given ALL the details, you are not looking.

That sounds fishy.

Quoting Citygirlk:

But dont you think he should of used this debate to give more detail at tge very least. I mean he says to vote for him but he wont give ANY details on why. To me that sounds fishy.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting Citygirlk:

The debate was not the forum to lay out every detail of every plan, however, Romney did provide quite a bit of detail.

The debate spoke for itself. Better yet, look around. The last 4 years have been pretty bad.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Quoting Lisa1273:

Not an Obama fan, but he lost tonight ~ I feel sorry for him.

Romney 2012!

Yes.  He did lose last night.  You KNOW that's true when even mainstream media have to reluctantly say it.

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

celestegood
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM

So, you were a mod before?  I assume most if not all cafemom owned groups have mods.  I could be wrong, though.

Quoting Jambo4:

Nah.. they'd never pick me because I complain too much to them...lol..  Although I did used to "work" as a moderator for them before they moved to this site.

Quoting celestegood:

You can pm cafemom admins if you want on a list to be an admin! 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

clapping

Quoting chbamb2001:

Personally, I was undecided. I don't have TV/cable. I use the internet/Hulu/Netflix. I try to stay away from "extremist" papers/websites/etc from BOTH sides. I have my own personal feelings about how I feel this country is doing and they are not good. I could care less about skin color. It is irrelevant and a non-issue.

All that being said, I found the debate to be an eye opener. It was an actual debate. I lost sound a couple of times while streaming so I am not 100% sure about everything that was said, but what I heard was awesome. I can honestly say that I am no longer undecided, which, if I am not mistaken, is the main purpose of these debates---to highlight each candidates' platform. More importantly, to me anyway, is whether or not a candidate is a "push over" or "good guy." I want someone with balls/backbone that is not afraid to stand up for what they believe and have the strength of their convictions. I saw that tonight. For the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful again!

As to who I am for, I am keeping that private. My voice will be heard November 6, 2012. Everyone needs to vote!  Good luck and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

big smile mini.... I think it's pretty obvious by your comment who you are going to vote for.  Welcome to the fold! 

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Quoting Lisa1273:

Did anyone catch Obama saying that "everyone gets their fair share". He then corrected himself to say "our fair share". If you taped it check it out & you will see. Sounds like redistribution to me!

No... I missed that.... LOL... oops... ha ha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN