Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (981-990):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Only in your skewed and biased opinion.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Just saw the debates.. Romney handled himself wonderfully..

ddancing

Wasn't that great?!?!  LOVE IT!

Citygirlk
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Oh he has, then what will he replace "obamacare" with? and i want details.
His tax plans, again i want details. And not from his website i want to hear it from his mouth.

Quoting Billiejeens:

He has given ALL the details, you are not looking.

That sounds fishy.

Quoting Citygirlk:

But dont you think he should of used this debate to give more detail at tge very least. I mean he says to vote for him but he wont give ANY details on why. To me that sounds fishy.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting Citygirlk:

The debate was not the forum to lay out every detail of every plan, however, Romney did provide quite a bit of detail.

The debate spoke for itself. Better yet, look around. The last 4 years have been pretty bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

yep, if you like ASSHATS,  he's your man.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Just saw the debates.. Romney handled himself wonderfully..

ddancing

Awwee..didn't go so well for your guy did it?

typical response from her when she's taken a beating... don't try to expect more.  

Like Dennis Miller said...

Obama better hope a Kicked Ass is covered under Obamacare.
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

When the comment consists of no substance and just insults the candidate as an asshat... yeah.. that is poor debate skills.  (I can't remember your original comment containing the insult so keep that in mind.. but there have been a couple with the same insult and nothing more)  Those are what I am referring to.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, it doesn't.

A person that's able to communicate effectively can communicate with people in all walk of life.

Quoting Jambo4:

it shows poor debate skills...

Quoting SweetLuci:

Learning to speak street slang is broadening a person's horizons? sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting AdellesMom:

No. It's a word. It's a slang term.

You obviously need to broaden your horizons.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Tried to look up asshat in the dictionary? Not in my dictionary.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting AdellesMom:

I love how people are acting like Romney's win his guaranteeing him the presidency.

No... not guaranteeing... nothing is certain except death and taxes. big smile mini 

... but Romney in the White House is a good possiblity. 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

you are true to form.... 

Quoting mom_to_travis:

YOU are going to lecture us on good debate skills?????

LMAO!

sidesplittinglaughterrolling on floorlaughinggoing crazyeye rolling

Quoting Jambo4:

it shows poor debate skills...

Quoting SweetLuci:

Learning to speak street slang is broadening a person's horizons? sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting AdellesMom:

No. It's a word. It's a slang term.

You obviously need to broaden your horizons.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Tried to look up asshat in the dictionary? Not in my dictionary.

Sorry.. to say that your boy still looks bad in the morning light... 

tsk tsk

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Heatherlox:

i felt like obama was very weak. i didn't take it that he was polite or anything like that...  this is a job opportunity take it and fight for it... i wanted him to stand up and own it not back down and let the opponent take it.  kwim? 

I agree completely... if he could have jumped in, he would have.  It wasn't being polite.  It was plain and simple weakness.  I don't know if he just wasn't prepared or what.  

Although I did hear that his sparring partner to practice debating was John Kerry.  If that's true.. what a poor move.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting jcrew6:

Every flip flop? Hell, I would be happy if you could solidly discuss ONE.

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting deepthinker:

So, you can't speak on specifics. Got it. Carry on. Lol

So you think I should go and find every flip flop, and site it here.  Then you will say... LINKS... then I would have to go and get links, and then you will just dispute them.  I don't have that type of time or patience.  

Okay how about repealing Obamacare, which was formerly Romneycare with tweaks.  How can you be dead set against something that you helped to create!?!!?!?!?

How is that a flip flop?  It's not.  Romney has always said it was a state issue to decide whether or not to have universal health care.  It's not a responsibility granted to the United States Government under the Constitution.

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Oh.. sorry.. I should have kept reading before adding my comment. =)

Quoting jcrew6:

You don't understand the constitution and the whole states rights vs. federal government part of our nations founding do you?

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting jcrew6:

Every flip flop? Hell, I would be happy if you could solidly discuss ONE.

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting deepthinker:

So, you can't speak on specifics. Got it. Carry on. Lol

So you think I should go and find every flip flop, and site it here.  Then you will say... LINKS... then I would have to go and get links, and then you will just dispute them.  I don't have that type of time or patience.  

Okay how about repealing Obamacare, which was formerly Romneycare with tweaks.  How can you be dead set against something that you helped to create!?!!?!?!?

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)