Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The First Presidential Debate was Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates focused on Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 11th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the Vice Presidential debate on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Replies (991-1000):
NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I thought both of them could of done a better job. I found Romney, frantic and rambling too much sounded more like a fast talking used car salesman deflecting questions more then answering them. If he lowers Taxes and lower or closed deductoins you will pay more in Taxes ......

I did not like the moderator at all. He lost control early on and never got it back.

Obama I thought would of been more assertive.

I guess I will see what happens in the next one.

Jambo4
Why are there so many trolls on CM? I am so sorry your life is unfulfilled.
Yesterday at 3:28 PM
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting deepthinker:

I understand that you are skirting the issue, trying to make me seem less then educated on the topic.  As a matter of fact, I am a federal employee, and have expanded knowledge of state and federal rights, laws, legislation,  and the inner workings of government, so please don't patronize me.

confused how is it being skirted?  (btw.. being a Federal employee doesn't hold any water...lol  Obama has a degree and is a Constitutional Lawyer.  It doesn't stop him from ignoring the Constitution)

Again... back to the question... how is it skirting the issue.  Romney has been clear that if a state wants to enact health care, then it's something that the state has the right to do.  The people of Mass wanted it.  He worked with the legislative body, some of his ideas were implemented.. some weren't.  It was passed because the people wanted.  NOT rammed through like Obamacare was.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Pot meet kettle.

It was just an observation that others and I made about Romney. You and your peers insulted Obama.

Quoting Jambo4:

When the comment consists of no substance and just insults the candidate as an asshat... yeah.. that is poor debate skills.  (I can't remember your original comment containing the insult so keep that in mind.. but there have been a couple with the same insult and nothing more)  Those are what I am referring to.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, it doesn't.

A person that's able to communicate effectively can communicate with people in all walk of life.

Quoting Jambo4:

it shows poor debate skills...

Quoting SweetLuci:

Learning to speak street slang is broadening a person's horizons? sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting AdellesMom:

No. It's a word. It's a slang term.

You obviously need to broaden your horizons.

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Tried to look up asshat in the dictionary? Not in my dictionary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angduse1
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you Sportsmom7...I too appreciate your cousin and all service men and women..They are the ones I would follow not the politicians. I hope I quoted right this time.. LOL..I do have other things to do. and get careless sometimes.. I was only contributing my opinion..NOthig more.. I was not trying to get anyone upset or kicked off this board.. I think CM and places like it are very therapeutic a place to get things off your Chest so to speak..My decision on who I vote for is my own...and nothing on this board or what other's think will ever change that.. I do not know any of the people on this board personally..If I did,, only then would I be able to know whether their opinion is a Just and sound one

When I said anything about age and Wisdom.. ALL I meant was with age comes wisdom.. Of course there could be a few that choose not to listen to their wisdom

As for the President.. He is only a year and half older then myself..I have been through much... But Not even near as much as my son who is only 27,,and who I consider very wise indeed..So of course I don't consider he or myself capable of running a seat as presidency.

My Son lost his father at age 12,, My husband was in the Gulf War and died shortly after finishing his Tour.. .My son also went through a war of his own and has seen things that many will never see.. .. I guess Life experiences do determine wisdom

and I considered my Grandma one of those poeple who has experienced much as

well.. She lost not just one but two husbands.. Her first husband to cancer and her Daughter as well.. going through loss of a dear loved one puts plenty of wisdom and knowledge under your belt.. When I lost my own dear husband unlike others she knew just what to say.. Which was very little.. My Grandmother was a people watcher much like I am now. She could sense things that other's could not. .. Do I think Obama not as smart as my Grandmother.. Quite the opposite.. But he is not wiser in any sense of the word...

Then again.. I do think keeping ones mouth shut is a big plus when trying to figure something or someone out.. We will have to see how he handles the next Debate won't we. 
If someone gets on here and wants to bash or put down what I say.. That is fine with me

I have no problem with that.. Because I know life is far too complex and beautiful to worry about what others that don't even know me think....  Besides maybe some of us need to vent and blow off steam on here.. Helps with the rest of the stuff we have to put up with in the world.. doesn't it..bow down

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

I would like to say Thank You to your son for serving in the Marines.  I have a cousin who currently serves in the Army.  I thank our Service Men and Women every day for fighting for our freedom, and more specifically the freedom to write on these boards.

Quoting angduse1:

I personally don't know enough about Romney to say he lies or not.. BUT I know Obama has lied for years.. I remember some of his promises.. Promises he should have kept.. We lost a lot of Good men over there.. Men that could have became great presidents one day.. if given the chance, but sadly will never get to.. why because they were expendable... Well Thank God my son made it home.. but so many that went over with him did not.. I still mourn for them.. and I will never forget Obama saying he was gonna end this war and bring them back... He needed to stick with that statement.. then I would vote for him again... Not now.. Personally I don't think Obama or Romney has what it takes

Not until they went through what my son did over there.. Then and only then will I consider them wise enough to lead our country... This is from a mother of a Marine and true leader.. Not a politician rich spoiled baby wanna be president... Bet he never went without food to the point of finding a Goat on the trail wishing his chain of command would grant him permission to slaughter it for supper.. Or finding a turkey from one of the locals...only to have higher ups come by and take Thanksgiving dinner.. while the little guy had to eat yet another MRE....That barely sustained your belly after a 18 hour watch..Or knowing he or anyone of the men he is serving with could be the next to die that day.. so forget your belly.. Want to tell me any one of these men deserve a chance to be president,, when they have never endured not one bit of hardship or heart ache.. SO.. put anyone of the men that served with my son up there .. then I will vote for the right man.. And that man will make this world a better place.. because he has endured,, knows what it feels like to go hungary.. BUT that will never happen will it.. Cause we will continue to vote for assists..not men....

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Okay ... and Romeny lied about what in the debate?

Quoting angduse1:

What a Joke.. they all lie.. I remember Obama saying he was bringing our boys back from IRAQ.. before he even took office.. Then I remember a mother standing outside the white house steps asking why he lied and now her son was dead... He not only kept them over there. but started another War in Alfghanistan.. Where is his lies.. did you all forget them.. Guess so.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

You are right, Obama stuck to what he believes and our Country is in horrible condition because of it!  Hopefully the rose colored glasses will come off many.

What did Romney flat out lie about?

Quoting Aleta775:

I think that if you look at what each candidate said alone, that Obama won. He was consistent in everything he said, and he stuck to everything that he has been saying all along. Romney on the other hand, lied. Romney, flat out lied and suddenly said a bunch of different things that he has not been saying all along.

However, I think that when you look at body language and tone of voice, Romney won. Sadly, I think that body language is all that people are going to take away from this debate. Which is sad because there was a lot more going on than the way they looked at each other.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Don't you love it?  If Obama is caught in the wrong... immediately FOX news is mentioned... 

Quoting gsprofval:

Nope not Fox.  Are you just mad because obama got caught in his lies and Romney made him look like the lier he really is?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Fox?

LOL!

I don't trust anything from that crapola and mess of a "news" station.

Quoting gsprofval:

The commentators I watched just showed how many times obama lied and Romney caught him in the lies.

Quoting AdellesMom:

If Romney had facts, why are the fact checkers saying that Romney lied more than once tonight?

Quoting babynurse454:

OMG I was thinking the same thing! Clearly Romney took this debate hands down with answers that americans wanted to know, Romney was not wish washy, Romney had the facts from both sides!!!

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting incognito116:

Even MSNBC is saying Romney won! Hell has officially frozen over lmao

sidesplittinglaughter

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Quoting angduse1:

They don't do that at all.. And the statement NO child left behind.. Is a joke .. that is why so many around me homeschool their children

Quoting celestegood:

I do agree that there should be basic standards for education made by the government.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Your opinion is skewed and biased too. You know that Romney uses TelePrompTers too, don't you? There isn't anything wrong with it either. TelePrompTers are modern day note cards.

No, Romney was being a jerk. He went for the jugular and made personal insults--Obama refrained from doing so. So, Obama was seen as the "weakling" last night. Obama was being a gentleman. Obama could "jump off" if he tried.

Quoting Jambo4:

Oh it was so freaking obvious!  It took him 5 minutes to get a coherent thought gathered!  Everyone complained about how painfully slow his responses were (now we see that Romney took the initiative and jumped in because he was quick and had the words at his fingertips... Obama wasn't being a gentleman.. he couldn't jump in if he tried)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Only in your skewed and biased opinion.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Romney showed he DIDN'T need one tonight. Meanwhile, Obama? Not so much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Well, Fox was the only source "calling out" Obama on non existent lies last night. She never responded back to say which channel she was watching either. As a matter of fact, I remember her saying that she doesn't pay attention to the "liberal media."

Quoting Jambo4:

Don't you love it?  If Obama is caught in the wrong... immediately FOX news is mentioned... 

Quoting gsprofval:

Nope not Fox.  Are you just mad because obama got caught in his lies and Romney made him look like the lier he really is?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Fox?

LOL!

I don't trust anything from that crapola and mess of a "news" station.

Quoting gsprofval:

The commentators I watched just showed how many times obama lied and Romney caught him in the lies.

Quoting AdellesMom:

If Romney had facts, why are the fact checkers saying that Romney lied more than once tonight?

Quoting babynurse454:

OMG I was thinking the same thing! Clearly Romney took this debate hands down with answers that americans wanted to know, Romney was not wish washy, Romney had the facts from both sides!!!

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting incognito116:

Even MSNBC is saying Romney won! Hell has officially frozen over lmao

sidesplittinglaughter

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Here we go!

Wow, that didn't go too well for ya.

sidesplittinglaughter

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Clubmom was the forerunner for CM... they only had about 250 groups and of those I moderated 2.  (it would have been the equivalent of group owner here since there was only one moderator) When they moved groups over to here they "hired" us all to start groups and to do what we could to get it up and running and then it was done after a year.  We knew it was only temporary here, but since then I've complained about CM way too much to ever get considered again.  I just hate their uneven enforcement of rules so I constantly point that out. =)

Quoting celestegood:

So, you were a mod before?  I assume most if not all cafemom owned groups have mods.  I could be wrong, though.

Quoting Jambo4:

Nah.. they'd never pick me because I complain too much to them...lol..  Although I did used to "work" as a moderator for them before they moved to this site.

Quoting celestegood:

You can pm cafemom admins if you want on a list to be an admin! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)