Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pastor Offers Fiery Rebuke of Fellow Blacks: End Your ‘Slavish Devotion to the Democrat Party’

Posted by   + Show Post

Pastor Offers Fiery Rebuke of Fellow Blacks: End Your ‘Slavish Devotion to the Democrat Party’

Bishop E.W. Jackson Calls on Blacks to End Devotion to Democratic Party

Bishop E.W. Jackson (Photo Credit: YouTube)

The Bishop E.W. Jackson, founder of Chesapeake, Virginia-based Exodus Faith Ministries, recently released a controversial video calling for African Americans to make a mass exodus from the Democratic Party. Throughout the clip, Jackson delivers stinging blows to both liberals and the African Americans who continue to support them, while decrying what he sees as a “slavish devotion to the Democrat Party.”

“They have insulted us, used us, and manipulated us. They have saturated the black community with ridiculous lies,” he said, speaking directly to the black community. ”They think we are stupid and that these lies will hold us captive while they violate everything we believe as Christians.”

Jackson went into detail in the video, taking aim at the “unholy alliance” that he sees between Democrats, faux-civil rights leaders and Planned Parenthood.

“The Democratic Party has created an unholy alliance between certain so-called civil rights leaders and Planned Parenthood, which has killed unborn black babies by the tens of millions,” he proclaimed.

On the morality front, Jackson took issue with the party’s internal debate over “God” being dropped from its platform and derided the notion that homosexuality should be equated “with being black.“ He called the later tenet of the Democratic Party an ”outrageous lie.”

“We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM
5 moms liked this

The pastor never once said vote Republican - he only pointed out that the Democrat Party enslaves many blacks (!) to second-class lives against their faith and values.

Quoting AdellesMom:

There is something seriously wrong with that statement. Voting Republican doesn't make someone more of a Christian than someone that votes Democrat. If this man was truly reccomending that Christians vote strictly on Christian values, he'd recommend that people do not vote. Why? No one running for President exemplifies the chracteristics of a TRUE "saved" Christian. As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician." My former Pastor talked about this in his sermon yesterday.

Regardless of all of that, people should vote on good conscience. They should vote for the person that represents what they believe in the most, regardless of who it is. Telling congregants to become Republicans because he's a Republican is wrong, and quite possibly unethical. 

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith is determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either. 

You're a Christian, you should know that. 

**No, I'm not a Christian. I am a black woman and I was a Christian for many years.**

Quoting Ednarooni160:

“We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

There is something seriously wrong with that statement. Voting Republican doesn't make someone more of a Christian than someone that votes Democrat. If this man was truly reccomending that Christians vote strictly on Christian values, he'd recommend that people do not vote. Why? No one running for President exemplifies the chracteristics of a TRUE "saved" Christian. As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician." My former Pastor talked about this in his sermon yesterday.

Regardless of all of that, people should vote on good conscience. They should vote for the person that represents what they believe in the most, regardless of who it is. Telling congregants to become Republicans because he's a Republican is wrong, and quite possibly unethical. 

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith is determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either. 

**No, I'm not a Christian. I am a black woman and I was a Christian for many years.**

Quoting Ednarooni160:

As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician."

You (general you) cannot serve two masters..no matter how you (general you) try to slice it.

Well, that was his point about politicians. 

Again, voing Republican doesn't make you more of a Christian than someone that votes Democratic. Closed minded views like that make me thankful that I'm no longer a Christian. Hell, it was people that had views like that that made me realize that Christianity wasn't my path. 

Christians need really need to watch the way they treat others. They're pushing many away from Christainity and many are losing their faith because of it.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I know that he didn't say it. However, it was implied. He's a Republican that thinks that (black) Christians that vote for Democrats are not "true Christians." His assertions about the Democratic Party and blacks are according to his opinion--which is false and unsubstantiated.

Quoting SallyMJ:

The pastor never once said vote Republican - he only pointed out that the Democratic Party enslaves many blacks (!) to second-class lives against their faith and values.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

What's even more absurd is saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they believe that homosexuality isn't a sin, they're pro-choice, and pro-gay rights.

You're right, you don't have to align yourself with something that you don't agree with. But, you have no right to claim that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they don't agree with your "brand" of Christianity.

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

The Republican Platform is something Republicans can be proud of.

We don't have to align ourselves with abortion or gay marriage.

That is liberating.

It is so silly to accept the Democratic Platform  as one' s own, accepting abortion and gay marriage, and profess Christianity.

Absurd.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

You (general you) cannot serve two masters..no matter how you (general you) try to slice it.

Again, voing Republican doesn't make you more of a Christian than someone that votes Democratic. Closed minded views like that make me thankful that I'm no longer a Christian. Hell, it was people that had views like that that made me realize that Christianity wasn't my path. 

Christians need really need to watch the way they treat others. They're pushing many away from Christainity and many are losing their faith because of it.

I'm surprised you care..you aren't Christian anymore..right?  Besides....that's blaming your relationship or lack of it  with God on others..when it should be a one on one with God... What others do or don't do shouldn't affect your relationship with God..even in the bible itself tells that some who profess to be Christian will be "lacking"..at the end of days .. From my Christian perspective..you (who is running for any office)   "shouldn't" get votes based on telling the constituents that you ARE a Christian and then midstream in your platform.."change" your tune about things.. But..some should have known (at least I did) that when your supposedly Christian church honors a man like Farrakhan (sp) who professes to hate whites and jews..that in itself is a red flag..(imo)

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

I'm surprised you care..you aren't Christian anymore..right?  Besides....that's blaming your relationship or lack of it  with God on others..when it should be a one on one with God... What others do or don't do shouldn't affect your relationship with God..even in the bible itself tells that some who profess to be Christian will be "lacking"..at the end of days .. From my Christian perspective..you (who is running for any office)   "shouldn't" get votes based on telling the constituents that you ARE a Christian and then midstream in your platform.."change" your tune about things.. But..some should have known (at least I did) that when your supposedly Christian church honors a man like Farrakhan (sp) who professes to hate whites and jews..that in itself is a red flag..(imo)

So, you're surprised that I care about the way I was treated, and the way I was ridiculed, talked about, gossiped about, made fun of? You're surprised that I care that I lost my faith--something that I held close and dear to me for such a long time? You're surprised that I care about being bashed and lied on by people that called themselves Christians? 

Seriously?

Let's take a moment and be realistic: of course I care about the way I was treated. Of course I care about losing my faith afgter trying my damndest not to lose my faith. Your saying that my relationship with God was "weak" tells me that you don't know what it feels like to go through something like that.

If someone says that they're a Christian, they're a Christian. It's not up to you, me, or anyone else to determine that that person isn't a Christian because they don't agree with a certain "brand" of Christianity.

Of course I care aboutn the way others are treated, and how others are percieved through the eyes of the extremely closed minded. I used to be extremely closed minded. Then, I woke up. So, I know what it's like to be on both sides of the fence.

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:56 PM

*sniffs*  I smell a 47%'er....

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

So, you're surprised that I care about the way I was treated, and the way I was ridiculed, talked about, gossiped about, made fun of? You're surprised that I care that I lost my faith--something that I held close and dear to me for such a long time? You're surprised that I care about being bashed and lied on by people that called themselves Christians? 

Seriously? YOUR faith and walk with God has nothing to do with those HIPOCRITS.. You know that..or you should..

Let's take a moment and be realistic: of course I care about the way I was treated. Of course I care about losing my faith afgter trying my damndest not to lose my faith. Your saying that my relationship with God was "weak" tells me that you don't know what it feels like to go through something like that. I never said your walk with God was weak..you basically said others treated you in a certain way and so you aren't a  Christian anymore.  THOSE others shouldn't have anything to do with your walk with God..again..they are the hipocrits.. You can't blame them for leaving your Christian  faith..that was "your" decison..not theirs and certainly not God's..(imo)..  There's jack 'n' apple Christians..you know that..or you should. 

If someone says that they're a Christian, they're a Christian. It's not up to you, me, or anyone else to determine that that person isn't a Christian because they don't agree with a certain "brand" of Christianity.  Who are you talking about you or Obama?  I have had bad dealings with people of other Christian faiths and in church..should I abandon God because of "others" in this world.. In the end when we face God..HE knows what we said, did, acted..and what others did to us.. Christians aren't "exempt".. Obama will face God..just as I will...and we both will be ONE on ONE.. There will be no Michelle, not my husband, NO security detail, not my children...NOTHING..

I can tell you one thing.. Obama CAN be forgiven..but right now..the path he's leading..NO..I do not believe he's walking a Christian path..(imo)..  And if he thinks he can count on Christian votes..well...I doubt there are that many "offshoots" of his brand of Christianity out there..again (imo). 

Of course I care aboutn the way others are treated, and how others are percieved through the eyes of the extremely closed minded. I used to be extremely closed minded. Then, I woke up. So, I know what it's like to be on both sides of the fence.  Then you should know that God is "above" the fence.. He never left you..

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:16 PM

No, I'm not a 47%er. LOL

That comment has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Quoting imamomzilla:

*sniffs*  I smell a 47%'er....

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Seriously? YOUR faith and walk with God has nothing to do with those HIPOCRITS.. You know that..or you should..

Let's take a moment and be realistic: of course I care about the way I was treated. Of course I care about losing my faith afgter trying my damndest not to lose my faith. Your saying that my relationship with God was "weak" tells me that you don't know what it feels like to go through something like that. I never said your walk with God was weak..you basically said others treated you in a certain way and so you aren't a  Christian anymore.  THOSE others shouldn't have anything to do with your walk with God..again..they are the hipocrits.. You can't blame them for leaving your Christian  faith..that was "your" decison..not theirs and certainly not God's..(imo)..  There's jack 'n' apple Christians..you know that..or you should. 

If someone says that they're a Christian, they're a Christian. It's not up to you, me, or anyone else to determine that that person isn't a Christian because they don't agree with a certain "brand" of Christianity.  Who are you talking about you or Obama?  I have had bad dealings with people of other Christian faiths and in church..should I abandon God because of "others" in this world.. In the end when we face God..HE knows what we said, did, acted..and what others did to us.. Christians aren't "exempt".. Obama will face God..just as I will...and we both will be ONE on ONE.. There will be no Michelle, not my husband, NO security detail, not my children...NOTHING..

I can tell you one thing.. Obama CAN be forgiven..but right now..the path he's leading..NO..I do not believe he's walking a Christian path..(imo)..  And if he thinks he can count on Christian votes..well...I doubt there are that many "offshoots" of his brand of Christianity out there..again (imo). 

Of course I care aboutn the way others are treated, and how others are percieved through the eyes of the extremely closed minded. I used to be extremely closed minded. Then, I woke up. So, I know what it's like to be on both sides of the fence.  Then you should know that God is "above" the fence.. He never left you..

That is untrue. At the point that my fellow Christians saw that my faith was weak, they should've reached out to me. They should've done or said something to encourage me instead of being rude and heartless. So, I do place some of the blame on them.

I'm talking about Obama. You brought up the fact that you think that he isn't a Christian. My point is that when someone professes faith, people should leave it at that even if they don't agree with the "brand" of Christianity that the professee agrees with. If you want to look at this objectively, neither Obama or Romney are walking down the "straight and narrow." Why? You can't serve two masters. 

I know that God (if he exists) didn't leave me. I'm still not a Christian though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)