Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Pastor Offers Fiery Rebuke of Fellow Blacks: End Your ‘Slavish Devotion to the Democrat Party’

Posted by   + Show Post

Pastor Offers Fiery Rebuke of Fellow Blacks: End Your ‘Slavish Devotion to the Democrat Party’

Bishop E.W. Jackson Calls on Blacks to End Devotion to Democratic Party

Bishop E.W. Jackson (Photo Credit: YouTube)

The Bishop E.W. Jackson, founder of Chesapeake, Virginia-based Exodus Faith Ministries, recently released a controversial video calling for African Americans to make a mass exodus from the Democratic Party. Throughout the clip, Jackson delivers stinging blows to both liberals and the African Americans who continue to support them, while decrying what he sees as a “slavish devotion to the Democrat Party.”

“They have insulted us, used us, and manipulated us. They have saturated the black community with ridiculous lies,” he said, speaking directly to the black community. ”They think we are stupid and that these lies will hold us captive while they violate everything we believe as Christians.”

Jackson went into detail in the video, taking aim at the “unholy alliance” that he sees between Democrats, faux-civil rights leaders and Planned Parenthood.

“The Democratic Party has created an unholy alliance between certain so-called civil rights leaders and Planned Parenthood, which has killed unborn black babies by the tens of millions,” he proclaimed.

On the morality front, Jackson took issue with the party’s internal debate over “God” being dropped from its platform and derided the notion that homosexuality should be equated “with being black.“ He called the later tenet of the Democratic Party an ”outrageous lie.”

“We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
momsince1989
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I always love your responses they are spot on how I feel most times:) I just wanted to add that we shouldn't put that much faith in our leaders or politicians or pastors. Jesus told us to render to ceaser what is ceasers and render to God what is God's. That was a clear separation of church and government. We are to pray for our leaders, but I am not beholden to no man or woman walking this earth. I look to Jesus as the source of wisdom in all of these matters.

Quoting AdellesMom:

There is something seriously wrong with that statement. Voting Republican doesn't make someone more of a Christian than someone that votes Democrat. If this man was truly reccomending that Christians vote strictly on Christian values, he'd recommend that people do not vote. Why? No one running for President exemplifies the chracteristics of a TRUE "saved" Christian. As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician." My former Pastor talked about this in his sermon yesterday.

Regardless of all of that, people should vote on good conscience. They should vote for the person that represents what they believe in the most, regardless of who it is. Telling congregants to become Republicans because he's a Republican is wrong, and quite possibly unethical. 

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith isn't determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either. 

You're a Christian, you should know that. 

**No, I'm not a Christian. I am a black woman and I was a Christian for many years.**

Quoting Ednarooni160:

“We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I wasn't sure whether or not you saw the video. Sometimes, people do comment on things they aren't 100% sure about. lol

Yes, I know that it's his opinion. I have stated that many times. Well, the same negative attitude that he displays towards black Christians that vote democratic is the exact same attitude I received in church for my views. I'm a black woman, and my family is very religious. I'm not religious. But, I'm still around it. Hell, my family doesn't even know that I'm no longer religious because I'm afraid to tell them. Also, my family tends to vote democratic. So, it struck a cord with me in a negative way.

I have no clue why you're being rude to me. I have been very cordial toward you and I have not been rude to you. Telling me to "stop getting bent out of shape" over something that has/does/will effect me is completely ludicrous. You have no right to tell me that--you've never walked a day in my shoes.

SMH.

No, I'm not trying to censor him. I think the man is a buffoon. I understand that it's his opinion and his "truth." I have already stated that.

This man doesn't represent the black community. I never heard of him until he made this foolish video.

I'm not going to "get over this and let it go." Again, you haven't walked a day, let alone a mile, in my shoes.

SMH

Quoting SallyMJ:

Of course I've seen the video - days ago!  Well before seeing this article. Why would anyone comment on something they've not seen?? So, no disconnect here.

You need to keep in mind: THAT'S HIS OPINION. He's talking with fellow Christians. Since you are a former Christian, why should that even bother you?  He's not even speaking to you- you in a sense, picked up someone else's mail or phone call by mistake. Quit getting bent out of shape by someone who isn't even a mentor to you. 

Again, it's his opinion. It doesn't have to be yours or your family's. Are you trying to censor him? Because it upsets you? Freedom of speech trumps upset feelings. Lord knows I've been upset by many things said by progressives&liberals. Does that mean I want to take away their right of free speech? Of course not. Why does it disturb you? Does it bother you because he's black, yet has a very different opinion and conclusions and Party than you, being a black woman, and many other blacks you know? Think of him as just a man, a person, with just as much right to an opinion as you. You need to get over this and let it go.

Quoting AdellesMom:

You may want to take that up with him. “We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus." Note his last line: "make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus."

That's exactly what he said. It was implied. You can disagree and say that he meant something else. But, that's okay. That's my opinion on what he said.

Now, if he didn't mean that you couldn't be a democrat and a Christian, then why did he tell Black Pastors to choose between Jesus and the Democrats? To me, that's inferring that he doesn't believe that one can be a democrat and a Christian. Also, he believes that the Democratic part is full of immoral non believers. I have watched the entire video although I couldn't bear to take it, lol. Have you watched the video?

If you haven't watched the video, that may be where we're having some disconnect.

I'm a black woman, and a former Christian. The video is completely off base and just downright disturbing. He thinks that his way is the only way. That simply is not the case. I mean, my super religious and spiritual family has always primarily voted Democratic. They're definitely "saved" and what not. Their faith isn't based on who they vote for.

You're right, to each their own.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Nope - he didn't say black Christians that vote for Democrats are not "true Christians" nor did he imply it . You're reading into what he said. This pastor is saying to black Christians, most of whom are Democrats, that he believes the Democrat Party beliefs are inconsistent with their faith and that they should  leave it. Not all pastors would say that -- mine would not --  but he certainly has the right to say it. You or I may not agree with what he's saying, or whether that's the best thing to say, but it is a valid point of view and he has the right of free speech.

You are right in that black Christians who decide to leave the Democrat Party may likely conclude the Republican Party is a better fit for them - since it's the other large party.  I've heard several black libertarians and conservatives say for years that although most blacks are Democrats, their values of faith and community are actually better represented in the  Republican Party.

Hey - I've heard exactly the opposite from some Christians who are Democrats - so, to each their own.

Quoting AdellesMom:

I know that he didn't say it. However, it was implied. He's a Republican that thinks that (black) Christians that vote for Democrats are not "true Christians." His assertions about the Democratic Party and blacks are according to his opinion--which is false and unsubstantiated.

Quoting SallyMJ:

The pastor never once said vote Republican - he only pointed out that the Democratic Party enslaves many blacks (!) to second-class lives against their faith and values.

Quoting AdellesMom:

There is something seriously wrong with that statement. Voting Republican doesn't make someone more of a Christian than someone that votes Democrat. If this man was truly reccomending that Christians vote strictly on Christian values, he'd recommend that people do not vote. Why? No one running for President exemplifies the chracteristics of a TRUE "saved" Christian. As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician." My former Pastor talked about this in his sermon yesterday.

Regardless of all of that, people should vote on good conscience. They should vote for the person that represents what they believe in the most, regardless of who it is. Telling congregants to become Republicans because he's a Republican is wrong, and quite possibly unethical. 

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith is determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either. 

**No, I'm not a Christian. I am a black woman and I was a Christian for many years.**

Quoting Ednarooni160:

“We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing

ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling

his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make

a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Thank you!!

"Jesus told us to render to ceaser what is ceasers and render to God what is God's."

^^^I forgot about that. lol That's very true.

Quoting momsince1989:

I always love your responses they are spot on how I feel most times:) I just wanted to add that we shouldn't put that much faith in our leaders or politicians or pastors. Jesus told us to render to ceaser what is ceasers and render to God what is God's. That was a clear separation of church and government. We are to pray for our leaders, but I am not beholden to no man or woman walking this earth. I look to Jesus as the source of wisdom in all of these matters.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith isn't determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either. 

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince1989
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this

You're welcome and if it's any consolation it's just my humble opinion but you have displayed more of a Christian attitude on these boards than most:) I'm sorry that you've had a hard time with the church, so have I:( But an amazing thing has happened since I left my church over two years ago. God has revealed Himself to me more than I have ever known Him before. It's like I went walking in the wilderness and He chased after me and has been keeping me company. I just know He is doing the same for you. Peace and love and hugs:)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Thank you!!

"Jesus told us to render to ceaser what is ceasers and render to God what is God's."

Quoting momsince1989:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. :-)

Quoting momsince1989:

You're welcome and if it's any consolation it's just my humble opinion but you have displayed more of a Christian attitude on these boards than most:) I'm sorry that you've had a hard time with the church, so have I:( But an amazing thing has happened since I left my church over two years ago. God has revealed Himself to me more than I have ever known Him before. It's like I went walking in the wilderness and He chased after me and has been keeping me company. I just know He is doing the same for you. Peace and love and hugs:)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Thank you!!

Quoting momsince1989:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I'm sorry my words have offended you because I disagree with you. I feel no animosity toward you at all.

I am using emphasis to defend the free speech of someone I feel is unfairly being called wrong or "unchristian" for speaking his mind to try to try to convince others to join him. I don't think what he is doing is anything different from what anyone does to try to convince someone to adopt their position. Who said he speaks for the "black community"? I was not aware that the people of any ethnic group had only one viewpoint. For example, white people are about 50/50 politically. There is some kind of split with every ethnic group. The split for black people happens to be heavily skewed toward the Democrat Party. But there are black conservatives, black Republicans, black libertarians, black independents, etc. as you know - not the majority, but there are some, and the number seems to be growing. Is that a problem? Who says individuals who happen to be black, white, Latino, Asian, whatever, can't make up their own minds and speak about it? Nobody speaks for anyone else.

I'm sorry I offended you by saying "bent out of shape". Probably should have said "upset". I've always thought of them as meaning the same thing.

We all have our own paths - no one understands anyone else's journey - I don't understand yours; you don't understand mine.

Again, I'm sorry my words have offended you and have made you feel I have been rude to you - I have no bad feelings toward you whatsoever. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

I wasn't sure whether or not you saw the video. Sometimes, people do comment on things they aren't 100% sure about. lol

Yes, I know that it's his opinion. I have stated that many times. Well, the same negative attitude that he displays towards black Christians that vote democratic is the exact same attitude I received in church for my views. I'm a black woman, and my family is very religious. I'm not religious. But, I'm still around it. Hell, my family doesn't even know that I'm no longer religious because I'm afraid to tell them. Also, my family tends to vote democratic. So, it struck a cord with me in a negative way.

I have no clue why you're being rude to me. I have been very cordial toward you and I have not been rude to you. Telling me to "stop getting bent out of shape" over something that has/does/will effect me is completely ludicrous. You have no right to tell me that--you've never walked a day in my shoes.

SMH.

No, I'm not trying to censor him. I think the man is a buffoon. I understand that it's his opinion and his "truth." I have already stated that.

This man doesn't represent the black community. I never heard of him until he made this foolish video.

I'm not going to "get over this and let it go." Again, you haven't walked a day, let alone a mile, in my shoes.

SMH

Quoting SallyMJ:

Of course I've seen the video - days ago!  Well before seeing this article. Why would anyone comment on something they've not seen?? So, no disconnect here.

You need to keep in mind: THAT'S HIS OPINION. He's talking with fellow Christians. Since you are a former Christian, why should that even bother you?  He's not even speaking to you- you in a sense, picked up someone else's mail or phone call by mistake. Quit getting bent out of shape by someone who isn't even a mentor to you. 

Again, it's his opinion. It doesn't have to be yours or your family's. Are you trying to censor him? Because it upsets you? Freedom of speech trumps upset feelings. Lord knows I've been upset by many things said by progressives&liberals. Does that mean I want to take away their right of free speech? Of course not. Why does it disturb you? Does it bother you because he's black, yet has a very different opinion and conclusions and Party than you, being a black woman, and many other blacks you know? Think of him as just a man, a person, with just as much right to an opinion as you. You need to get over this and let it go.

Quoting AdellesMom:

You may want to take that up with him. “We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus." Note his last line: "make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus."

That's exactly what he said. It was implied. You can disagree and say that he meant something else. But, that's okay. That's my opinion on what he said.

Now, if he didn't mean that you couldn't be a democrat and a Christian, then why did he tell Black Pastors to choose between Jesus and the Democrats? To me, that's inferring that he doesn't believe that one can be a democrat and a Christian. Also, he believes that the Democratic part is full of immoral non believers. I have watched the entire video although I couldn't bear to take it, lol. Have you watched the video?

If you haven't watched the video, that may be where we're having some disconnect.

I'm a black woman, and a former Christian. The video is completely off base and just downright disturbing. He thinks that his way is the only way. That simply is not the case. I mean, my super religious and spiritual family has always primarily voted Democratic. They're definitely "saved" and what not. Their faith isn't based on who they vote for.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Nope - he didn't say black Christians that vote for Democrats are not "true Christians" nor did he imply it . You're reading into what he said. This pastor is saying to black Christians, most of whom are Democrats, that he believes the Democrat Party beliefs are inconsistent with their faith and that they should  leave it. Not all pastors would say that -- mine would not --  but he certainly has the right to say it. You or I may not agree with what he's saying, or whether that's the best thing to say, but it is a valid point of view and he has the right of free speech.

You are right in that black Christians who decide to leave the Democrat Party may likely conclude the Republican Party is a better fit for them - since it's the other large party.  I've heard several black libertarians and conservatives say for years that although most blacks are Democrats, their values of faith and community are actually better represented in the  Republican Party.

Hey - I've heard exactly the opposite from some Christians who are Democrats - so, to each their own.

Quoting AdellesMom:

I know that he didn't say it. However, it was implied. He's a Republican that thinks that (black) Christians that vote for Democrats are not "true Christians." His assertions about the Democratic Party and blacks are according to his opinion--which is false and unsubstantiated.

Quoting SallyMJ:

The pastor never once said vote Republican - he only pointed out that the Democratic Party enslaves many blacks (!) to second-class lives against their faith and values.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith is determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either. 

Quoting Ednarooni160:

“We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing

ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling

a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM

AMEN!

rachelrothchild
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM
He does have a point.
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't offended because you disagree. I was offended by some of the things you said. Apology accepted.

There's nothing wrong with freedom of speech. I'm not "chastising" him for utilizing his rights as an American and sharing his opinion. I'm "chastising" him for being closed minded and just flat out wrong. There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion. However, to vehemently lie is something completely different. He's a Christian; a Pastor; a BISHOP. He should know better than anyone else that lying is wrong and sinful. He should lead by example...

There's nothing wrong with being a black republican. There is something wrong with the negative, "I have arrived," arrogant, condescending, holier than thou attitude that many black republicans have. He displayed that attitude throughout the entire video.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion. There is something wrong with lying.

Quoting SallyMJ:

I'm sorry my words have offended you because I disagree with you. I feel no animosity toward you at all.

I am using emphasis to defend the free speech of someone I feel is unfairly being called wrong or "unchristian" for speaking his mind to try to try to convince others to join him. I don't think what he is doing is anything different from what anyone does to try to convince someone to adopt their position. Who said he speaks for the "black community"? I was not aware that the people of any ethnic group had only one viewpoint. For example, white people are about 50/50 politically. There is some kind of split with every ethnic group. The split for black people happens to be heavily skewed toward the Democrat Party. But there are black conservatives, black Republicans, black libertarians, black independents, etc. as you know - not the majority, but there are some, and the number seems to be growing. Is that a problem? Who says individuals who happen to be black, white, Latino, Asian, whatever, can't make up their own minds and speak about it? Nobody speaks for anyone else.

I'm sorry I offended you by saying "bent out of shape". Probably should have said "upset". I've always thought of them as meaning the same thing.

We all have our own paths - no one understands anyone else's journey - I don't understand yours; you don't understand mine.

Again, I'm sorry my words have offended you and have made you feel I have been rude to you - I have no bad feelings toward you whatsoever.� 

Quoting AdellesMom:

SMH.

SMH

Quoting SallyMJ:

Of course I've seen the video - days ago! � Well before seeing this article. Why would anyone comment on something they've not seen?? So, no disconnect here.

You need to keep in mind: THAT'S HIS OPINION. He's talking with fellow Christians. Since you are a former Christian, why should that even bother you? � He's not even speaking to you- you in a sense, picked up someone else's mail or phone call by mistake. Quit getting bent out of shape by someone who isn't even a mentor to you.� 

Quoting AdellesMom:

You may want to take that up with him. �We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,� Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus." Note his last line: "make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus."

Quoting SallyMJ:

Nope - he didn't say black Christians that vote for Democrats are not "true Christians" nor did he imply it . You're reading into what he said. This pastor is saying to black Christians, most of whom are Democrats, that he believes the Democrat Party beliefs are inconsistent with their faith and that they should � leave it. Not all pastors would say that -- mine would not -- � but he certainly has the right to say it. You or I may not agree with what he's saying, or whether that's the best thing to say, but it is a valid point of view and he has the right of free speech.

You are right in that black Christians who decide to leave the Democrat Party may likely conclude the Republican Party is a better fit for them - since it's the other large party. � I've heard several black libertarians and conservatives say for years that although most blacks are Democrats, their values of faith and community are actually better represented in the � Republican Party.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting AdellesMom:

There is something seriously wrong with that statement. Voting Republican doesn't make someone more of a Christian than someone that votes Democrat. If this man was truly reccomending that Christians vote strictly on Christian values, he'd recommend that people do not vote. Why? No one running for President exemplifies the chracteristics of a TRUE "saved" Christian.� As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician." My former Pastor talked about this in his sermon yesterday.

Regardless of all of that, people should vote on good conscience. They should vote for the person that represents what they believe in the most, regardless of who it is. Telling congregants to become Republicans because he's a Republican is wrong, and quite possibly unethical.� 

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith is determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either.� 

You're a Christian, you should know that.� 

Quoting Ednarooni160:

�We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing

ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,� Jackson continued, telling

a� decision� between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Quoting sthflachk:

Bwahahaha...um, yeah, whatever.

What does that mean?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN