Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

*BUMPING* VIDEO MADE 6 YEARS AGO SURFACES ON EVE OF FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE...

Posted by   + Show Post

http://youtu.be/p-J9TV8LxGM

shouting

THE ACCENT... THE ANGER... THE ACCUSATIONS... THE SERMON...
THE SHOUT OUT TO REV. WRIGHT, WHO IS IN AUDIENCE...
'My pastor, the guy who puts up with me, counsels me, listens to my wife complain about me. He's a friend and a great leader. Not just in Chicago, but all across the country'..
FOXNEWS 9 PM ET...
'We don't need to build more highways out in the suburbs. We should be investing in minority-owned businesses, in our neighborhoods'...

(freerepublic)

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
shimamab
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM
5 moms liked this
Show me the race-baiting in his comment on Katrina:

"Look at what happened in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast when Katrina hit. People ask me whether I thought race was the reason the response was so slow. I said, "No. This Administration was colorblind in its incompetence."

Quoting rocketracer:

Spot on being racially divisive and using the black community.

Quoting _Kissy_:

He's spot on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Um, wasn't this covered 4 years ago?  We've all seen it.  It's a speech he gave at HU in 2007.

The prepared text of the speech was disclosed/discussed.  The prepared text didn't match the actual speech and the media back then didn't pursue it.  

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM
3 moms liked this

When Obama said the federal gov't wasn't spending money on Katrina he had to know he was lying.  Two weeks prior to that speech the fed gov't gave 7 BILLION dollars no strings attached to New Orleans, LA.  He was a sitting US Senator.  

Typical race baiter....in his speech whipped up racial divsion...saying the federal gov't doesn't care about you because you're black.

Quoting shimamab:

"Look at what happened in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast when Katrina hit. People ask me whether I thought race was the reason the response was so slow. I said, "No. This Administration was colorblind in its incompetence."

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting _Kissy_:

He's spot on

shimamab
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Link to video:

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/10/drudges-big-new-obama-video-kind-old/57537/

In which you can find the complete transcript linked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:33 PM
6 moms liked this

I so agree with what Tucker Carlson just said ... different cadences, different accents, different gestures ... there is a falseness and he is definitely playing a role in one of them.  

Which one do you think is a role?  Maybe the one where he is using the teleprompter?  Just sayin ...

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:33 PM
3 moms liked this

No, the video has been on Youtube since it was given, and was watched and debated (esp by the right leaning media) during the elections.  I specifically remember this.

Same old BS - here's Obama talking about his good buddy Rev Wright, whom you all have decided is a racist because you refuse to take his sermons in context or are incapable of understanding where he's coming from.

Either way, this is old news.  And it really wasn't news when it was new.

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Um, wasn't this covered 4 years ago?  We've all seen it.  It's a speech he gave at HU in 2007.

The prepared text of the speech was disclosed/discussed.  The prepared text didn't match the actual speech and the media back then didn't pursue it.  

shimamab
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe he's purposely changed his speaking style to me more palatable to all Americans instead of to a more narrow audience. It doesn't have to be fake, it can be experience.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

I so agree with what Tucker Carlson just said ... different cadences, different accents, different gestures ... there is a falseness and he is definitely playing a role in one of them.  

Which one do you think is a role?  Maybe the one where he is using the teleprompter?  Just sayin ...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Does the black community really like hearing that they are victims over and over and over?

shimamab
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope. He spoke of poverty and minority businesses not receiving more funding. The only "black" reference I heard was more blacks are in jail than in college...and no blame was attached to it, just states the fact. Link me to or quote it here where the racial division was "whipped up".

Quoting rocketracer:

When Obama said the federal gov't wasn't spending money on Katrina he had to know he was lying.  Two weeks prior to that speech the fed gov't gave 7 BILLION dollars no strings attached to New Orleans, LA.  He was a sitting US Senator.  

Typical race baiter....in his speech whipped up racial divsion...saying the federal gov't doesn't care about you because you're black.

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting _Kissy_:

He's spot on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Newsbusters article from 2008 discussing the video (not the transcript, the video) and making the same lame conclusions everyone else did:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/03/16/contrary-claims-obama-very-close-racist-preacher-wright

i.e. that ship has sailed, but good luck getting it back to port so you can launch it all over again.  I'm sure all the other irrational Obama haters will pretend they never saw it before with you.  "Oh the racism!  Oh my ignorance!"

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN