Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

How do you feel about the fact, that Romney got caught on tape, saying that 47% of us, don't want to work, want the government to take care of us. He said we think we are victims. The 47% won't take responsibility for our own lives.He is talking about most of us on cafemom, unless you are rich. How do you feel about what he said, and do you think it will hurt him on election day?

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
LIMom1105
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM
4 moms liked this
And here's another point about the 47 percent that Mitt, Ryan, and many of you ignore. A large chunk of them are not worthless moochers, they are retirees, military, people with disabilities, and some are the working poor. A small number are living off govt. assistance. These are the people he insulted with his speech, and guess what? Many are not Obama supporters! Ryan has continued this arrogance by stating that he and Romney would see that they get jobs so they can lead lives of dignity. A 90 year old needs a job?

They are so disconnected with how anyone outside their bracket lives.
Citygirlk
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Since when did mitt romney become the media?

Quoting motherslove82:

I don't believe what the media says. They have been twisting and spinning so much that I don't trust anything they say.

Quoting Sisteract:

Romney admitted he said it and meant it.

Why don't you believe what your candidate says?

Quoting motherslove82:

I think it's  funny that when Obama gets caught on tape or says something, it's all context and editing. When Romney does it, It's fact. I don't know what he said  or what he meant. Neither do most people, I would guess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

The difference is that Obama was giving a speech, and Romney was having a conversation that was accidentally recorded and played. He probably would have said it more "elegantly" if he'd been giving a speech to millions. So again, it's out of context when it's Obama and Fact when it's  Romney. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

Umm the whole thing is out there in context and romney isnt denying any of it. He actually said that he shouldnt have said what he said that way, that he should of said it more "elegantly".

Quoting motherslove82:

I think it's  funny that when Obama gets caught on tape or says something, it's all context and editing. When Romney does it, It's fact. I don't know what he said  or what he meant. Neither do most people, I would guess.

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM

You talked to him personally?

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting motherslove82:

I don't believe what the media says. They have been twisting and spinning so much that I don't trust anything they say.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting motherslove82:

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
3 moms liked this

No he said we all had help. The construction workers, the people that work at the bank where we got the business loan, the caltrans guy who fixed the road that got the delivery trucks to the shop to bring the business the products to sell.  It was a sort of we are all in this together kinda thing.. 

Quoting motherslove82:

So did Obama really say that American business owners didn't build their own businesses?

Quoting trippyhippy:

Actually it is on tape for us all to hear so yes those of us who listened know what he said.

Quoting motherslove82:

Citygirlk
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not talking about obama but if you want to go there yes his speech was taken out of context.

Now for what romney said there was no spin, no twisting of words,no sound bites, nothing like that. He said something stupid got caught on video and didnt deny it. He wrote off 47% of america saying he doesnt care about them.
Now tell me, do you want your president to be someone who would just cast off 47% of this great nation?

Quoting motherslove82:

The difference is that Obama was giving a speech, and Romney was having a conversation that was accidentally recorded and played. He probably would have said it more "elegantly" if he'd been giving a speech to millions. So again, it's out of context when it's Obama and Fact when it's  Romney. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

Umm the whole thing is out there in context and romney isnt denying any of it. He actually said that he shouldnt have said what he said that way, that he should of said it more "elegantly".

Quoting motherslove82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Lmaoo!!! Omg ok im done.

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting motherslove82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Dont waste your time with her,lol look at the reply she gave me about romney being the media.

Quoting trippyhippy:

No he said we all had help. The construction workers, the people that work at the bank where we got the business loan, the caltrans guy who fixed the road that got the delivery trucks to the shop to bring the business the products to sell.  It was a sort of we are all in this together kinda thing.. 

Quoting motherslove82:

So did Obama really say that American business owners didn't build their own businesses?

Quoting trippyhippy:

Actually it is on tape for us all to hear so yes those of us who listened know what he said.

Quoting motherslove82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I WAS kidding on that one. :-)

Quoting Citygirlk:

Lmaoo!!! Omg ok im done.

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting motherslove82:

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM

No, but I'm not sure that Obama hasn't done that with the other 53%. He just isn't on tape saying it.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Im not talking about obama but if you want to go there yes his speech was taken out of context.

Now for what romney said there was no spin, no twisting of words,no sound bites, nothing like that. He said something stupid got caught on video and didnt deny it. He wrote off 47% of america saying he doesnt care about them.
Now tell me, do you want your president to be someone who would just cast off 47% of this great nation?

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting motherslove82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN