Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

How do you feel about the fact, that Romney got caught on tape, saying that 47% of us, don't want to work, want the government to take care of us. He said we think we are victims. The 47% won't take responsibility for our own lives.He is talking about most of us on cafemom, unless you are rich. How do you feel about what he said, and do you think it will hurt him on election day?

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mandi1215
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Are you actively looking for work?  Are choosing to live off welfare as a way to live?  Do you think you are a victim?.....No?.....Then he is not talking about you.  I don't know the numbers, I can't pretend to know, but the TRUTH is there are MANY Americans who do.  Just go to the Welfare office or WIC or wherever and see the family roll up in their brand new Escalade.  I am middle class, thank God my husband is working and I get to be a SAHM, but you know how we do it?  We decide not to live outside our means.  I'm not saying this is you, I don't know you and seeing how this upsets you, I'm sure you are not the percent he is talking about, but you can not deny that there are many Americans who choose living off welfare as a lifestyle.   Was he wrong about the the percentage, possibly.  But he's not wrong about the statement.

Romney wants to give people a hand up, not hand out.  He is capable of building businesses and improving business, look at his record as a business man.  He wants Americans to want to work, he wants Americans to have the opportunity.  If and when he creates jobs, he wants Americans to go for them!

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL. You wish!

The elderly are smart enough to realize that that comment was taken out of context. Most of them worked prior, and therefore they EARNED the stipend they're living on. Working and retired people resent mooches.

The only people offended by the comment are those on the dole....because the truth hurts. They are lazy, perpetual victims looking for a hand-out or freebie. The government "owes" them.

They had no intention of voting for anyone but the Candy Man.

Quoting Sisteract:

I was disgusted but only slightly surprised that this man did not realize that MANY in his own base (military, elderly, southern red states, the bible belt) are included in his 47% group.

IMO, this remark will end up costing him the election- that plus Ryan's medicare/ss plans.

You do not F with the elderly- they vote and they do not take crap, from ANY candidate.

I agree..I come across a good amount of elderly folks daily and i've listened to some of them complain about 'moochers' frequently.The ones I hear from do know that Romney was never speaking of them or those who truely cannot get out there and labor themselves.I listened to an old guy just the other day dissapointed in his own son deeply..because eventhough he has no problem chopping an entire tree down and apart for log he somehow cannot work a job..he lives off the dole.The mans heart is broken you could see it in his eyes.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM
That is completely untrue. I'm an Upper Middle Class American and I was embarraed for Romney and offended. Some people are compassionate, ya know?

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL. You wish!

The elderly are smart enough to realize that that comment was taken out of context. Most of them worked prior, and therefore they EARNED the stipend they're living on. Working and retired people resent mooches.

The only people offended by the comment are those on the dole....because the truth hurts. They are lazy, perpetual victims looking for a hand-out or freebie. The government "owes" them.

They had no intention of voting for anyone but the Candy Man.

Quoting Sisteract:

I was disgusted but only slightly surprised that this man did not realize that MANY in his own base (military, elderly, southern red states, the bible belt) are included in his 47% group.

IMO, this remark will end up costing him the election- that plus Ryan's medicare/ss plans.

You do not F with the elderly- they vote and they do not take crap, from ANY candidate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM
So true.

Quoting Sisteract:

Lots of people are in denial.

Pining for someone who can fix their problems.

Romney is not that man, sorry.

He is worse for 99.6% of Americans than Obama.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Apples and oranges.

The anti-Obama camp purposefully took Obama's comment out of context. But, you just admitted to not reading or listening to Romney's comment. You even deflected when you were told that Romney owned his 47% statement.
Quoting motherslove82:

So did Obama really say that American business owners didn't build their own businesses?

Quoting trippyhippy:

Actually it is on tape for us all to hear so yes those of us who listened know what he said.

Quoting motherslove82:

I think it's  funny that when Obama gets caught on tape or says something, it's all context and editing. When Romney does it, It's fact. I don't know what he said  or what he meant. Neither do most people, I would guess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandi1215
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM

just because it is on tape and played by our liberal media does not mean it is truth. haha

Case in Point......MSNBC

Quoting trippyhippy:

Actually it is on tape for us all to hear so yes those of us who listened know what he said.

Quoting motherslove82:

I think it's  funny that when Obama gets caught on tape or says something, it's all context and editing. When Romney does it, It's fact. I don't know what he said  or what he meant. Neither do most people, I would guess.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
You didn't post the truth.

Do you not realize that many of the 47% aren't lazy moochers at all? Do you not realize that Romney dissed members of his own party?

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

I know. It must be hard for you to keep up. I didn't add a number.

Quoting mommom2000:

You think this is 47% of America? Do you realize 9 out of the 10 states that receive the most government assistance are red states.  Your theory is wrong.  Do you think 47% of Americans are this way?

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

I have copied the truth of his statement....

"There are people who will vote for the president no matter what. Who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Quoting mommom2000:

Truth really, can you please elaborate which part of his comment is truth. I would love to hear it.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Sometimes the truth is very painful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abigail0210
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I am independent.....so please remember that as you read what I am about to post...

I THINK that Romney meant that he is tired of those who abuse teh system. I am not on PA of any kind and never have been.... BUT I have seen many abuse the system.  Those who abuse the system are hurting those who truly need PA.  Think about it... if less abused the system, there would be more funds for those who truly need PA...and it would not be so difficult to get PA if people would be honest...

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM
The same could be said about anything from Fox.

Quoting Mandi1215:

just because it is on tape and played by our liberal media does not mean it is truth. haha

Case in Point......MSNBC

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting motherslove82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandi1215
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

True, not denying it.  The media is corrupt, just wanting to "trippyhippy" to understand that if it's caught on tape doesn't make it true.  And most of the media out there, liberal.

Quoting AdellesMom:

The same could be said about anything from Fox.

Quoting Mandi1215:

Case in Point......MSNBC

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting motherslove82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)