Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama admin has no comment. Are you surprised?

Posted by   + Show Post
The Obama admin was so quick to blame a movie and spontaneous reaction for the death of Americans. Even before and investigation. Now? No comment.

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/t/blogEntry?id=17376924
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting joey125:

Its a terrible thing that the ambassador was killed, however the responsiblity lies with the host country,we can't just send in trooprs , that't the way it works.  Lets all wait for all the facts to come in before taking a stand and pointing fingers, that does not solve anything.

The president of the United States already pointed fingers..... At a movie. Errrr, YouTube video.... He failed
29again
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting broncfan:

They are going to push this down the road, put it off , say they are investigating ....looking into it, and some people are going to blindly go along thinking it is ok. These men are dead, dead because they served our country, dead because Washington denied their plea for help. But let's all keep worshipping the pres, cause we know we don't want the rich guy. Geez

They will investigate as soon as it is safe enough over there to send in the FBI.  Like they are going to find anything then, CNN has already recovered his journal.  The media can be over there,  the ambassador was in no danger,  but it is too dangerous for the Feds...  Not sure I am buying that.  

I don't understand how some people can sleep at night.  I really don't. 

momsince1989
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

says who? the truth is Bush failed miserably and it's on record that our military response under his leadership was delayed. There are even questions as to whether it was a cover up. 

We Want Real Answers About 9/11

On August 31, 2004, Zogby International, the official North American political polling agency for Reuters, released a poll that found nearly half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of those in New York state believe US leaders had foreknowledge of impending 9/11 attacks and "consciously failed" to act. Of the New York City residents, 66% called for a new probe of unanswered questions by Congress or the New York Attorney General.

In connection with this news, we have assembled 100 notable Americans and 40 family members of those who died to sign this 9/11 Statement, which calls for immediate public attention to unanswered questions that suggest that people within the current administration may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war.

We want truthful answers to questions such as:

1. Why were standard operating procedures for dealing with hijacked airliners not followed that day?
  2. Why were the extensive missile batteries and air defenses reportedly deployed around the Pentagon not activated during the attack?
  3. Why did the Secret Service allow Bush to complete his elementary school visit, apparently unconcerned about his safety or that of the schoolchildren?
  4. Why hasn't a single person been fired, penalized, or reprimanded for the gross incompetence we witnessed that day?
  5. Why haven't authorities in the U.S. and abroad published the results of multiple investigations into trading that strongly suggested foreknowledge of specific details of the 9/11 attacks, resulting in tens of millions of dollars of traceable gains?
  6. Why has Sibel Edmonds, a former FBI translator who claims to have knowledge of advance warnings, been publicly silenced with a gag order requested by Attorney General Ashcroft and granted by a Bush-appointed judge?
  7. How could Flight 77, which reportedly hit the Pentagon, have flown back towards Washington D.C. for 40 minutes without being detected by the FAA's radar or the even superior radar possessed by the US military?
  8. How were the FBI and CIA able to release the names and photos of the alleged hijackers within hours, as well as to visit houses, restaurants, and flight schools they were known to frequent?
  9. What happened to the over 20 documented warnings given our government by 14 foreign intelligence agencies or heads of state?
  10. Why did the Bush administration cover up the fact that the head of the Pakistani intelligence agency was in Washington the week of 9/11 and reportedly had $100,000 wired to Mohamed Atta, considered the ringleader of the hijackers?
  11. Why did the 911 Commission fail to address most of the questions posed by the families of the victims, in addition to almost all of the questions posed here?
  12. Why was Philip Zelikow chosen to be the Executive Director of the ostensibly independent 911 Commission although he had co-authored a book with Condoleezza Rice?

Those who are demanding deeper inquiry now number in the hundreds of thousands, including a former member of the first Bush administration, a retired Air Force colonel, a European parliamentarian, families of the victims, highly respected authors, investigative journalists, peace and justice leaders, former Pentagon staff, and the National Green Party.

Quoting Carpy:

That would have been protocol no matter who was in office.  Using that to condemn in any type of comparative manner, is ignorant.

Quoting momsince1989:

this is no where incompetent as the day 9/11/01 when we were under attack and Bush takes off in Air Force One and not one jet scrambles in time.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW - Are you a truther?

Quoting momsince1989:

says who? the truth is Bush failed miserably and it's on record that our military response under his leadership was delayed. There are even questions as to whether it was a cover up. 

We Want Real Answers About 9/11

On August 31, 2004, Zogby International, the official North American political polling agency for Reuters, released a poll that found nearly half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of those in New York state believe US leaders had foreknowledge of impending 9/11 attacks and "consciously failed" to act. Of the New York City residents, 66% called for a new probe of unanswered questions by Congress or the New York Attorney General.

In connection with this news, we have assembled 100 notable Americans and 40 family members of those who died to sign this 9/11 Statement, which calls for immediate public attention to unanswered questions that suggest that people within the current administration may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war.

We want truthful answers to questions such as:

1. Why were standard operating procedures for dealing with hijacked airliners not followed that day?
  2. Why were the extensive missile batteries and air defenses reportedly deployed around the Pentagon not activated during the attack?
  3. Why did the Secret Service allow Bush to complete his elementary school visit, apparently unconcerned about his safety or that of the schoolchildren?
  4. Why hasn't a single person been fired, penalized, or reprimanded for the gross incompetence we witnessed that day?
  5. Why haven't authorities in the U.S. and abroad published the results of multiple investigations into trading that strongly suggested foreknowledge of specific details of the 9/11 attacks, resulting in tens of millions of dollars of traceable gains?
  6. Why has Sibel Edmonds, a former FBI translator who claims to have knowledge of advance warnings, been publicly silenced with a gag order requested by Attorney General Ashcroft and granted by a Bush-appointed judge?
  7. How could Flight 77, which reportedly hit the Pentagon, have flown back towards Washington D.C. for 40 minutes without being detected by the FAA's radar or the even superior radar possessed by the US military?
  8. How were the FBI and CIA able to release the names and photos of the alleged hijackers within hours, as well as to visit houses, restaurants, and flight schools they were known to frequent?
  9. What happened to the over 20 documented warnings given our government by 14 foreign intelligence agencies or heads of state?
  10. Why did the Bush administration cover up the fact that the head of the Pakistani intelligence agency was in Washington the week of 9/11 and reportedly had $100,000 wired to Mohamed Atta, considered the ringleader of the hijackers?
  11. Why did the 911 Commission fail to address most of the questions posed by the families of the victims, in addition to almost all of the questions posed here?
  12. Why was Philip Zelikow chosen to be the Executive Director of the ostensibly independent 911 Commission although he had co-authored a book with Condoleezza Rice?

Those who are demanding deeper inquiry now number in the hundreds of thousands, including a former member of the first Bush administration, a retired Air Force colonel, a European parliamentarian, families of the victims, highly respected authors, investigative journalists, peace and justice leaders, former Pentagon staff, and the National Green Party.

Quoting Carpy:

That would have been protocol no matter who was in office.  Using that to condemn in any type of comparative manner, is ignorant.

Quoting momsince1989:

this is no where incompetent as the day 9/11/01 when we were under attack and Bush takes off in Air Force One and not one jet scrambles in time.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this

The FBI would pretty quickly get to the bottom of it, that would not be good for this administration.

Quoting 29again:

Quoting broncfan:

They are going to push this down the road, put it off , say they are investigating ....looking into it, and some people are going to blindly go along thinking it is ok. These men are dead, dead because they served our country, dead because Washington denied their plea for help. But let's all keep worshipping the pres, cause we know we don't want the rich guy. Geez

They will investigate as soon as it is safe enough over there to send in the FBI.  Like they are going to find anything then, CNN has already recovered his journal.  The media can be over there,  the ambassador was in no danger,  but it is too dangerous for the Feds...  Not sure I am buying that.  

I don't understand how some people can sleep at night.  I really don't. 

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Sisteract:

Obama= Romney.

NOT EVEN CLOSE - IN SO MANY WAYS

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Quoting momsince1989:

the right of course are going to see it that way when the reality is our Ambassador understood the precariousness and the danger.  That's the same mentality as Obama when he suggested that our wounded soldiers should pay for their own medical costs upon returning to the U.S. His reasoning was, "They volunteered and they knew it was dangerous over there. 

He wasn't even at the Embassy when he was attacked. He was in Benghazi at a consulate with much different security. And the truth is, we shouldn't even be there policing the world if we are unwanted. And if that were true, would it make the fact that the White House, not only lied, they lied on someone who wasn't at fault for causing this? Seriously, is it OK?  In case you missed the story a couple of days after, you would have read how the Lybian people, hundreds of them, gathered in an unplanned protest and went to where this terriorist group stayed. They were chanting, "You killed our friend. Mr Stevens was our friend." I do believe they also killed some of them. Doesn't sound like we were unwanted, not to me anyway.  It's a catch 22 to try to withdrawal. There are some serious chess moves to be done for sure that I have seen this current administration handle with care and tact. And they would be what, when & where. Not saying you're wrong, I just need to be reminded. I can still remember the yahoo say whatever inflammatory remark you want days. No thanks, not the America I want to be a part of.  I'm truly sorry to hear you feel that way. No one is making you stay, but where would you go with the freedoms like we have?

Quoting 29again:

Quoting momsince1989:

That's the national security of a Republican in power. They go pick fights with the world and leave us high and dry when they attack. Under Democratic leadership we take the enemy out one by one. I feel much safer with Obama in charge than chicken shit Romney.

But they left our Ambassador high and dry.  I'm glad you feel safer with that.  I, however, don't.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Xlandria:

Quoting momsince1989:

the right of course are going to see it that way when the reality is our Ambassador understood the precariousness and the danger. He wasn't even at the Embassy when he was attacked. He was in Benghazi at a consulate with much different security. And the truth is, we shouldn't even be there policing the world if we are unwanted. It's a catch 22 to try to withdrawal. There are some serious chess moves to be done for sure that I have seen this current administration handle with care and tact. I can still remember the yahoo say whatever inflammatory remark you want days. No thanks, not the America I want to be a part of.

Quoting 29again:

Quoting momsince1989:

That's the national security of a Republican in power. They go pick fights with the world and leave us high and dry when they attack. Under Democratic leadership we take the enemy out one by one. I feel much safer with Obama in charge than chicken shit Romney.

But they left our Ambassador high and dry.  I'm glad you feel safer with that.  I, however, don't.

That's the same mentality as Obama when he suggested that our wounded soldiers should pay for their own medical costs upon returning to the U.S. His reasoning was, "They volunteered and they knew it was dangerous over there. 

There is so much more to this story.

The reason the ambassador was in Benghazi in the first place, reportedly, was that he was supposed to be securing weapons that we had provided the militants. The supposed seals were actually CIA, this is going to be a big deal once other agencies get involved.

Can't wait for the Foreign affairs debate.

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Quoting tnmomofive:

He likely would not have been murdered if Obama had sent help...but thats going back to his incompetence and you won't hear of that.

You have no way of knowing that and it's cruel of you even to suggest that. 

It is foolish of an Obama spokesperson to speak without knowing the facts.  Other presidential candidates have done so, and it didn't lead anywhere good.

I believe that you are absolutely accountable for what happens on your watch, but I would never suggest that 3000 people would not have died on 9/11 if George Bush had taken that memo seriously.  Things are way more complicated than that.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM

"I'm not going to get into a situation under review by the State Department and the FBI," Carney said.

In my mind, that is proper. You don't comment on a situation before you know all the facts. Obviously something went on and they need to find out what that something was. Talking solves nothing, making guesses only gets them into more trouble, so why not wait til the facts come to light?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN