Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama admin has no comment. Are you surprised?

Posted by   + Show Post
The Obama admin was so quick to blame a movie and spontaneous reaction for the death of Americans. Even before and investigation. Now? No comment.

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/t/blogEntry?id=17376924
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Replies (61-63):
broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
11 years later and everything Obama does has to be defended with "what about Bush". Got a question for you guys. You voted him into office why don't you expect more of him? I thought you wanted something different than GWB but you keep telling us how much he is like Bush.

And BTW, the statement that was made about our late ambassador did sound like you were blaming him, but he is just a bump in the road to Democrats, just collateral damage when you need to be eye candy and raise a few funds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeeperSqueak
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

this

Quoting rocketracer:

For fear that "eye candy" will say something like "bumps in the road", the only thing left to say is "No Comment."

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting Xlandria:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting joey125:

Its a terrible thing that the ambassador was killed, however the responsiblity lies with the host country,we can't just send in trooprs , that't the way it works.  Lets all wait for all the facts to come in before taking a stand and pointing fingers, that does not solve anything.

The president of the United States already pointed fingers..... At a movie. Errrr, YouTube video.... He failed

If you think it sounds stupid to blame a movie for the ambassador's death, let me tell you, it sounds just as dumb to blame the president.

Well this is just great! Now you tell us...and all this time I, (and a few others I'm sure), certainly thought that Obama would have been made aware of the situation in Libya and the request for additional security. I guess we were wrong. However, thinking about it now, I'm sure our confusion came about because of assuming this issue would have been addressed during a national security briefing. Yeah, it probably was and unfortunately Obama must have had other commitments, such as a fundraiser, campaign speeches, golf, T.V. appearance, or something of that nature. I do, however, have a suggestion that I hope someone will pass along to Mr. Obama. Perhaps on the days that he will not be able to attend these National Security meetings, where OUR National Security is discussed, he might consider giving someone the task of taking notes about what, if any, problems there are in, say, the Middle East, (not likely, I know), that way he can peruse these notes at his convenience. Yeah, & he might want to make it a priority to read them as soon as possible, just in case there might be something important that needs immediate attention, something like...well, like perhaps someone is in fear for their life and would like some extra protection. But again, it's just a thought.

I was unaware that you had intel as to what security briefings Obama receives and what he does with that information.  Given this information, I will give your thought its appropriate value.  Fair enough, please see my post titled, "What ARE Obama's Priorities?"

But let me just make my point more plainly.  When Democrats wanted to hang the blame of 9/11 on Bush and Condi Rice because they got a memo saying Bin Laden was planning an attack, I thought that was wrong.  I thought it was right to understand what happened, but wrong to blame Bush for the actions of Al Quaeda.

I'm not saying there's an exact parallel here -- I know too well that I don't know everything -- but to say that the actions of murderous crowds are the President's fault is. . .ill-informed, it seems to me.

(And by the way, I don't believe Obama has ever said it was the video's fault.)

That said, if there were indeed requests for security that went unheeded, then that should indeed be investigated.  Because it's the right thing to do.  But this mining of the Americans' deaths in order to score cheap political points is really beneath the people doing it, I believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)