Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Are You And DH Both Dem OR Rep?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you and your dh both have the same view as far as republican,democrat,or independent?My dh and I arent.I am a moderate democrat and he is independent but leans more towards conservatism.Despite our differences ...we spar...but respect one anothers view.In the end we decide together who we want as president...yet at the end of the day we arent in the voters booth together...lol..

Alot of people cant see how with different views we have managed to stay married over 13 years.We both are very passionate,respectful,and adore one another over all.

~Tia

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
rnchelle93
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I'm very liberal, and I don't have a so, so it isn't an issue :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nanamom127
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM
He is extremely Conservative, really a Libertarian. He is very much into politics and watches political news for hours. I was brought up in a liberal area of the country but now am much more of a moderate. However, I don't like or trust either side. I think politicians will say anything to be elected and then do whatever they want.

We don't discuss politics together at all because he is passionately for one side and passionately against the other. I have more questions about both sides. We have a great marriage, so I don't like to have conflict over something that it isn't necessary to have conflict over. He talks to his friends about politics.
Lisha77
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I'm not registered with a party. I'm not sure if DH is registered with a party. We both listen to each candidate and decide who is best to run the city, state or country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brightonsmom12
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Yes we both do, but we still spar and respect each other.
radioheid
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband and I are both registered Republicans with many libertarian ideals, however, we are both almost entirely disillusioned with the Republican party and are giving serious weight to the idea of voting for Obama just to ensure Romney stays out of the White House.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Republican
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:14 PM

No..but neither of us will vote for Obama..

SlightlyPerfect
Merry Giftmas!
Yesterday at 11:08 AM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:19 AM

We're both socially progressive, but I am fiscally conservative.

When we get into a debate, it gets passionate and we throw things.

slightlyperfect

sweetboys4me
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM

my dh and I are politiically aligned, but I made sure his philosophy was similar to mine when we started dating. My parents are of different political ideology, and I saw how stressful that was. My dh and I are proudly libertarian and will gladly support any Republican or Democrat that best suits our views.  Unfortunately for dems, they typically lose out.  Also,  I can't stand straight party voting.  Just because someones on the ballot, doesn't mean you should vote for them because of party affiliation.  I was shocked one time when my dh took an additional 10 min to vote.  He actually thought he had to vote on everyone/everything.  lol

sweetboys4me
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Quoting radioheid:

My husband and I are both registered Republicans with many libertarian ideals, however, we are both almost entirely disillusioned with the Republican party and are giving serious weight to the idea of voting for Obama just to ensure Romney stays out of the White House.

Don't vote for Obama just because you don't like Romney.  Do you really think 4 years of Obama would be better for USA than Romney? If so, look into 3rd candidates.  Every vote for them is a vote against Romney and solidifies Obamas chance of reelection.  It's voting for Obama without ever voting for him.  I'm actually against the idea, but if it is what you think is best, vote accordingly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN