Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Who WON the debate? **Poll**

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who do you think won the debate?

Options:

Obama

Romney

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 182

View Results

What did you think of the debate? Who do you think won?
Share your thoughts in the replies below.
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting DixieL:

There is no way to tell. They didn't make Romney shut up, and they didn't let the President talk. Everytime the President tried to talk, the narrator, told him his time was up.

Because without his TelePrompter, Obama lacks the ability to make his point. He stumbled and mumbled the entire debate.

I think Romney won, hands down!  I like the fact that Romney didn't back down NOR shut up.  Now that's the kind of man I want for a President!  Stood his ground but was respectful while doing so.

I also agree with the fact that Obama appeared as if he needs a teleprompter!  I've never seen him look so unprepared as I did tonight. 

But...there's always Debate#2 and #3.  It's not over yet.  

I can't wait to see the Vice Presidential Debate!  That oughta be entertaining!

busy mom

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Yea was boring. Where is their passion? Their voice?

Quoting shimamab:

I thought it was flat on both sides. Hoping for a better debate next time.

I can't believe I'm hearing people state on here that the debate was flat.  An undecided voter, but I've got to say...Obama looked unprepared and asleep tonight.  Romney came out strong, passionate, informative, likeable, and looking like how I want my President to look like.  He LOOKED the part tonight!  I was very impressed by him.

busy mom

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting SallyMJ:

And why do you say that?  What do you think about Obama's performance?

Quoting ms-superwoman:

I thought it sucked either way... Romney made himself look like an ass, which I predicted he would.

In what way did Romney look like an ass tonight? I do think that Romney has said things (often!) that makes him sound "not so swift."  But not tonight.  Tonight he looked phenomenal, composed, passionate, and "Leader" like!  

busy mom

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Quoting shimamab:

I hope his team talks to O about his nodding while R spoke. I'm pretty sure he was just doing it to acknowledge he was paying attention while taking notes, but it made it look like he was agreeing with R.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting shimamab:

I agree with you that Obama shaking his head looked like he agreed with Romney.  Additionally, there were times in the debate that Obama said things he shouldn't have.  It was almost like he was walking himself into a trap.  And this helped Romney!  I also think that the interviewer allowed Romney to interupt a lot & he seemed to more easily shut up Obama.  All in all, I think it was a great debate.  I enjoyed it and now I think I'm swaying towards Romney.  

busy mom

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Actually, my husband is an expert profiler and at reading body language....this is what he said.....

"Obama is letting it be known that he is disregrding what Mitt is saying as just not being as important as what he has to say following Mitt.

He's always looking in the opposite direction of Mitt and was easily distracted when there came a noise behind the curtain. Obama looked as if it were a "squirrel" moment and Romney didn't miss a beat. This is telling in of itself". 

Quoting shimamab:

I hope his team talks to O about his nodding while R spoke. I'm pretty sure he was just doing it to acknowledge he was paying attention while taking notes, but it made it look like he was agreeing with R.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting shimamab:

I think your husband was right on the money with his interpretation of the body language.  Obama seemed "dismissing" of Romney.  And he didn't look good.  A couple times when he was looking down, he looked like he was being scolded.  Not what I want my President to look like.  

Your "squirrel" comment cracked me up!  LOL  He DID look like he thought he spotted a squirrel behind him!   LOL

busy mom

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

You know seeing Romney standing up there tonight, I could, really, for the first time see this man as my president.

I could envision this man speaking to heads of states, and at the same time comforting those who are struggling. 

For the first time tonight, I actually felt a little bit up hope spring up in me that I hadn't felt since the Reagan years. 

I want the momentum to continue for Romney and I think it will because I don't think it's an act, I think it comes natural to him. He really does want less government and more people making the choices for what is best for their individual states. I like that, that means he trusts us and he's been listening to us. 

Romney for President!!!!

woohoo

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting DixieL:

There is no way to tell. They didn't make Romney shut up, and they didn't let the President talk. Everytime the President tried to talk, the narrator, told him his time was up.

Because without his TelePrompter, Obama lacks the ability to make his point. He stumbled and mumbled the entire debate.

I think Romney won, hands down!  I like the fact that Romney didn't back down NOR shut up.  Now that's the kind of man I want for a President!  Stood his ground but was respectful while doing so.

I also agree with the fact that Obama appeared as if he needs a teleprompter!  I've never seen him look so unprepared as I did tonight. 

You are a very eloquent writer!  Your words expressed EXACTLY the same sentiments that I was feeling tonight.  But I could never have written my thoughts nearly as well as you did!  Great job!  Keep posting!  Your postings rev up these readers!  

busy mom

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

You know seeing Romney standing up there tonight, I could, really, for the first time see this man as my president.

I could envision this man speaking to heads of states, and at the same time comforting those who are struggling. 

For the first time tonight, I actually felt a little bit up hope spring up in me that I hadn't felt since the Reagan years. 

I want the momentum to continue for Romney and I think it will because I don't think it's an act, I think it comes natural to him. He really does want less government and more people making the choices for what is best for their individual states. I like that, that means he trusts us and he's been listening to us. 

Romney for President!!!!

woohoo

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting DixieL:

You are a very eloquent writer!  Your words expressed EXACTLY the same sentiments that I was feeling tonight.  But I could never have written my thoughts nearly as well as you did!  Great job!  Keep posting!  Your postings rev up these readers!  

Well thank you kindly! 

I have to confess though, I am a published writer and soon to be author. 

I can certainly stoke a post, whether that's good or bad, well......who knows?

You are definitely in the "write" field!  Good for you!!!  What sort of book are you writing?  (If you don't mind sharing.)  Seriously, though.  Your writing does rile them up.  And that's a good thing.  This country NEEDS to wake up and GET RILED UP!  I think there are a lot of people who are REALLY MAD about the state of our country.  I just hope they GET MAD ENOUGH TO GO OUT AND VOTE!  

Have you been following the story about "Pennsylvania requiring legal ID to vote?"  This is one of the most recent things that is really ticking me off.  I don't see why we WOULDN'T require IDs in EVERY state.  And they say the reason the  legislation was shot down was because "PA wasn't making it easy for people to GET those IDs."  I suppose those people would like PA to provide FREE TRANSPORTATION to get that ID.  WTH!!!

busy mom

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Romney, you're the man!  Great job coming out stronge tonight!  I'm a 48 year old woman who (despite being a Republican) was not sure if I was going to vote Republican.  I went into the debate with an open mind.  Before the debate, I didn't feel like I knew Romney.  After the debate, I do.  THIS is what ROMNEY NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO DO!!!  He needs to let the average person get to know him.  He came across STRONG, CONFIDENT, DETERMINED, LIKEABLE, and TRUSTWORTHY, a LEADER!  He LOOKED like a US president who will stand up for Americans and their rights.  He had a command about him tonight that truly has me leaning towards voting for him!   I love how they showed him being a family man and letting his daughter jump into his arms at the end of the debate.  Keep appealing to those women voters!  I also love that, despite the fact that some say it's not too politically smart to do so, he mentioned God a couple times.  Good for him for not backing down!  

I absolutely loved how he referred to our Constitution & it was PERFECT that the Constitution wording hung on the big screen behind him!  That drew attention to the fact that WE THE PEOPLE have rights and we will refuse to let Obama strip us of them!  Go, Romney!  

busy mom

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

You're not so bad with those words yourself!! :)

I'm 44 in a week btw..nice to meet some mature intellect round these parts! lol!!

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Romney, you're the man!  Great job coming out stronge tonight!  I'm a 48 year old woman who (despite being a Republican) was not sure if I was going to vote Republican.  I went into the debate with an open mind.  Before the debate, I didn't feel like I knew Romney.  After the debate, I do.  THIS is what ROMNEY NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO DO!!!  He needs to let the average person get to know him.  He came across STRONG, CONFIDENT, DETERMINED, LIKEABLE, and TRUSTWORTHY, a LEADER!  He LOOKED like a US president who will stand up for Americans and their rights.  He had a command about him tonight that truly has me leaning towards voting for him!   I love how they showed him being a family man and letting his daughter jump into his arms at the end of the debate.  Keep appealing to those women voters!  I also love that, despite the fact that some say it's not too politically smart to do so, he mentioned God a couple times.  Good for him for not backing down!  

I absolutely loved how he referred to our Constitution & it was PERFECT that the Constitution wording hung on the big screen behind him!  That drew attention to the fact that WE THE PEOPLE have rights and we will refuse to let Obama strip us of them!  Go, Romney!  

Hey!  Thanks. I enjoy writing, too.  Early Happy Birthday Wish to you!  Life begins after40!!!  

Not sure how smart I really am (re: "intellect"). I've just started using CAFEMOM and am still figuring out how to properly reply, quote, etc., I guess I should spend some time and read up on it.  When I reply to your posts, should I be selecting "Quote?"  Or should I be selecting, "Reply?"  What's the difference?

busy mom

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting DixieL:

With a good moderator, the President would have done a great job. The moderator let Romney speak as much and as long as he wanted. When it was the Presidents turn, he didn't even get his two minutes, before the moderator, told him his time was up. If you noticed, as soon as the debate was over, the first thing the news people talked about, was how bad the moderator was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)