Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Who WON the debate? **Poll**

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who do you think won the debate?

Options:

Obama

Romney

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 182

View Results

What did you think of the debate? Who do you think won?
Share your thoughts in the replies below.
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I can guarantee you, that the majority of the undecided are still scratching their heads.

I hoping the next debate will be better.

Quoting shimamab:

Great point about the undecided voters. All the whooping and clapping here is from Romney/Romney-leaning/Rep supporters. For those who were HONESTLY undecided, I don't think a case was made for either candidate.

Quoting samurai_chica:

Romney was more aggresive, but more vague

Obama had better explanations for his plans, but wasn't aggressive enough.

This was a terrible debate for the undecided voter.

Stefono
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Anyone I don't care what color you are, what sex, I say PAY ATTENTION! The proof was as obvious as your nose on your face. We need change THAT WORKS! So for anyone who doesn't keep up with what Romney is saying let me say this, He has got a plan for all of us who love America, our Children and our Future.It's about who can do more NOW . Obama has done what he can, & I thank him for that. He should willingly step aside at this point.I REALLY hope people payed attention to this debate it was all right there...." enough said...I am so looking forward to the next one Oct. 11th....for the ," VICE "..lol.

sammygrl77
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Obama was flat. Romney was like a car salesman relying on half truths to win the sale. Neither were impressive. I would have liked to have seen actual details on Romney's plans. Instead he chose to attack the president and treat the mod like one of his slackies. He did not come off as a leaser. He was like a boss; big difference.

Obama started off well with the handshake showing his leadership. He tried to get details from Romney and it seemed as though the lack of details made it impossible to have any real debate.

Romney may have been a bit more entertaining and full of attacks, but his lack of details on his plans made him the loser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
What plan? He still has not said any specific s to his plans. Sure it will be big changes, but what are they going to be? It's hard to judge if a plan is right for this country when there is none. Romney's plan 'sound'is great adding jobs and all, but how is he specifically going to do that?

Quoting Stefono:

Anyone I don't care what color you are, what sex, I say PAY ATTENTION! The proof was as obvious as your nose on your face. We need change THAT WORKS! So for anyone who doesn't keep up with what Romney is saying let me say this, He has got a plan for all of us who love America, our Children and our Future.It's about who can do more NOW . Obama has done what he can, & I thank him for that. He should willingly step aside at this point.I REALLY hope people payed attention to this debate it was all right there...." enough said...I am so looking forward to the next one Oct. 11th....for the ," VICE "..lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefono
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

State by state basis everyone that cares can work well together.They/we will work harder in our home state Each state cares about their home & needs that can range from some with some kind of surplus (just an ex.)( not many) and those without and what for...more than the government .We can't do things based on what's right for one is right for all. Romney understands this.This is one example.This is VERY important to me. That is why I follow it closely. I get upset when others who have means don't do their part and really look into issues as they can.Just do some foot work, I swear you'll find at least a couple answers you need to help you understand. Look Romney up in Massachusetts and see what he DID do for them.All I can say for the undecided, keep looking till you find what your looking for. Can't hurt...

sallys452001
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM
5 moms liked this
What did Romney say his plans were? To burden the states with what is now the responsibility of the federal government for the states to have to raise taxes on to keep or do away with. This is not. Responsible solution to our problems. His plans sound like the Bush plans. Only worse. If we are not planning on war then why build the military? His solutions do not make much sense. I guess when that's your plan you can only try to tear down the president and hope people don't ask you what you would do better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
didine70
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Romney was more agressive than Obama yesterday. It does not mean he won. he shouted loudest, that's all. He really looked like a used car salesman to me, not someone I would trust, but someone who would say what you want to hear, to make a sale.

He said  he will create 12 million jobs, balance the budget, reduce the deficit, etc.,  how? he did not give any specifics. Plus, he used the etch-a-sketch again, to position himself more at the left/center. I have a hard time knowing where he stands. 

JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I know that for the wrong people, the fact the President won is not obvious because he was deliberately understated and modest. 

I have confidence in the President.  He's a lawyer and a darned good one.  He knows what he's doing; there's a method to that madness.  One can strategically forfeit a battle as one might forfeit a chess piece and still win the war as a chess master who deliberately forfeits valuable chess pieces wins a game of chess.

Never forget Obama is a master of the game or he would never have become the first black US President.  As the old song goes, "It's not where you start, it's where you finish."  The Prez is a master closer.  Watch and be amazed.

Based on Romney's happily and disrespectfully informing Jim Lehrer he intends to put him, Big Bird and thousands of people who work for PBS out of their jobs (an odd thing to say when trying to convince people you care Americans have work and will CREATE jobs), I thought the following performance appropro.  Enjoy your "victory" while it lasts which won't be long, Mitt.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting samurai_chica:

Romney was more aggresive, but more vague

Obama had better explanations for his plans, but wasn't aggressive enough.

This was a terrible debate for the undecided voter.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

I think this debate probably hurt Romney in the likeableness category, because while he was aggressive, he came across as a jerk.

While Obama seemed relaxed and likeable, it almost seemed like he was a little too relaxed and not really trying that hard.

notonepercenter
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Quoting LoveMyTrio:

I think Obama still has the smooth factor, but Romney came accross very passionate and genuine.  You can tell Romney knows his stuff.

"You can tell Romney knows 'his stuff'" - ok fine, but do you or anyone else know his stuff?  Did he give us a clear definition of his so called plans?  Specifically?  Not generally.  Generally speaking Romney performed well last night.  He took things that Obama commented on, agreed with him, then flipped it into some kind of generalization of how he would do it better.  That's not leadership.  Romney is very passionate, I agree, but about what?  For whom?  Genuine?  Far from it!  He threw bread crumbs to the masses last night to appease them.  Republicans have desperately been waiting for him to appear the way they want him to appear.  They got a taste of that last night.  Today, they celebrate not because they were given a clear concise alternative to Obama, they celebrate because their shiny politician didn't have to answer for his gaffs of recent history.  (47% ring a bell?)  Afterwards, they were able to breathe a sigh of relief and to them I'm sure that feels like a victory.     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN