Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I think Romney scored some very good points, he looked very involved and passionate.  Obama spent to much time looking down, seemed bored and not to passionate in his replies.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (121-122):
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Yes, he did. He served the rest of Kennedy's term and won one of his own. He then said he would not seek a second term, or accept the nomination if it was given to him.

Ford was not elected, he became Nixon's VP after Agnew was forced to resign and became president after Nixon's resignation. He ran in 1976 but lost to Carter. I believe ford was the only president who was not elected as either president or Vice President.

Quoting Lacey14:

Oh yes, I did forget about that one.  But, he didn't come to be president by winning the vote.  I guess being president wasn't what he wanted after all.  I was too young to remember much about the LBJ years.  Thanks for catching that one for me.

Quoting Carpy:

LBJ refused to run again.

Quoting Lacey14:

It may be just me, but I'm not even sure if Obama is passionate about winning the election.  I haven't heard any promises from him, or excitement about what he will bring to the office for the next four years.  He almost looks tired and ready to pass the wand.  But of course, I don't know of any president that has stepped down after the first four.  It just seems to me, that he accomplished what he wanted to do, and has nothing else to offer.

Quoting jcrew6:

Romney was willing to discuss the next four years. Obama admitted he will do what he has done the last four years. Where has that gotten this nation?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lacey14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Quoting _Kissy_:

More excuses.  Enough is enough!   Maybe he should spare some of his campaign time, to prepare for the debate.  Romney had to make time.  What candidate comes to the presidential debate unprepared anyway?  Another erroneous decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN